PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else remember CP and MR taking a trip to Ocean City after KS disappeared? Amanda said that after KS disappeared she overheard talk while at the Beach. Seems like it fits. But certainly does not mean she is telling the truth. I am going to do some research and try to confirm the beach trip

Does anyone else remember CP and MR taking a trip to Ocean City after KS disappeared? Amanda said that after KS disappeared she overheard talk while at the Beach. Seems like it fits. But certainly does not mean she is telling the truth. I am going to do some research and try to confirm the beach trip

I remember this for sure from the early days of the KS thread.

It is great news that there is a dive team searching the area. I really hope this weekend will give KS family the closure they deserve and I hope if she is found they pull CP and MR immediately! It just blows my mind how LE diddle daddles around and eat donuts, I am pretty sure if this was a family member of there's this investigation would have been closed awhile ago.

They were there approx Aug 18th per previous posts on this site and per Amandas facebook she checked in there Aug 16th.

If she is there .. then thus ends the search .. If she's not .. then the search has at least begun!!

We must remember this is a volunteer diving team from a community that is approx 20 miles away .. hat's off to them for stepping up where LE refused to do so!! The missing deserve a chance to be found!

If she is there .. then thus ends the search .. If she's not .. then the search has at least begun!!

Wow that is a perfect way to say it. I would love for this to be the end and for the family to get closure but if not it gives me hope to think the search to find out what happened to Kortne has finally begun. I don't want to hope they find her because somehow I still hope she is alive. But it has been so long and for the family knowing is better than not knowing. Thinking of you Kortne and still hoping you come home.

The DA just comes across horrible to me. His job is to investigate and bring justice. He says the facts she relied upon in drawing her conclusions, he knows to be completely inaccurate. I wonder what he means by that? Regardless of this witness being truthful, accurate or not, Arnold needs to go. This investigation has been handled poorly. I would say that's just my opinion but I don't believe I am alone in my thinking.

I do remember the trip; it showed up on MR's FB page at the time. There are probably references to that trip early in the threads, once CP and MR names were released by MSM.

If she is not found in the lake, or if there is an excess of divers that show up, there are three large retention ponds near the large warehouse operations at the edge of town that should be checked as well if someone can pass the suggestion along.

They have bugged me from the beginning to the point I went to Harbor Freight to buy one of those underwater video cameras, sadly they no longer sell them.

Not sure that it matters re: The Ocean City trip.

I believe they were in the Ocean City, MD. area on or around August 18th. I know it was MR & CP plus a few other friends.

Did anyone else notice that CP has the "Sign the Petition to search the lake" ad on his FB?

Now I'm bummed that I recently deleted some FB friends. It was nice keeping my eye on em'.

The only reason I feel it matters about the OC MD trip is that Amanda has on her facebook page that she was there around that time. And she clearly stated that is when she was told or overheard the story she is now telling about what happened to Kortne. I know that does not mean just because she was there and CP and MR were also she is telling the truth.

I was unable to find and news on a 2nd woman coming forward in this case. And I was not able to open a link that was posted previously about that. Any updates on that.

I did notice that Attorney Rominger commented and stated that he personally was there when Amanda showed the police text she had that gave some details about KS disappearance. However, he claims the police never took her phone to verify they were legit. He seemed to think they were. I know he is in some legal trouble but I believe he does want to find what happened to KS. I wish we could verify that it really was Attorney Rominger making the comments.

The only reason I feel it matters about the OC MD trip is that Amanda has on her facebook page that she was there around that time. And she clearly stated that is when she was told or overheard the story she is now telling about what happened to Kortne. I know that does not mean just because she was there and CP and MR were also she is telling the truth.

I was unable to find and news on a 2nd woman coming forward in this case. And I was not able to open a link that was posted previously about that. Any updates on that.

I did notice that Attorney Rominger commented and stated that he personally was there when Amanda showed the police text she had that gave some details about KS disappearance. However, he claims the police never took her phone to verify they were legit. He seemed to think they were. I know he is in some legal trouble but I believe he does want to find what happened to KS. I wish we could verify that it really was Attorney Rominger making the comments.

I can't access the second woman story either. Very interested about anyone coming forward and corraborating Amanda's story, in whole or in part. I am wondering if this was the reason that the DA decided to bless the search this weekend. If the second woman is not related to their decision to go forward with the search, it would seem like the DA has given in to public pressure. If he did not pursue Amanda's comments thoroughly when she first went to LE, it may appear that LE missed something, but they have stated that LE has received hundreds of tips. I get that LE must pursue each of them and that they can't devote a search to each tip that has come in - remember the bizarre in-a-cage-by-the creek tip early on. Also, I do realize that if Amanda said something that was clearly factually inaccruate, like it was actually the downstairs neighbors that called the police and not KS's acquaintenances (as some people have theorized), this could reasonably lead to a decision not to search the lake and for them to not prioritize investigating her tip. That being said, she could be wrong about who called LE that night, but be right about the other key facts.

Even if there are inconsistencies, if you have volunteers ready to search, by all means let them and if nothing else you have pursued and ruled out another lead. However, I find myself in the group of believers hear. Snoop has rightly pointed out this may be because we want an answer to this mystery.

If true or not, this girl has caused enough waves to bring attention to the case and for that I am grateful. So many months of silence.

I can't access the second woman story either.

Here is what that site says. Basically, the tipster says Amanda told her the same stories she's now telling media outlets.

"On Monday an anonymous woman claimed to know Kortne. "I've been in contact with Amanda on numerous occasions shortly after Kortne went missing and she told me stories and I went to the police with these stories half a dozen times in the month of August 2012 and 4 times out of the 6 times they sent me to voicemail and never got a call back...the final time I finally spoke with someone they cut me off about 2 minutes and said that Amanda was not credible they thought she was crazy," she said. She says the police told her Ballester is not credible because she kept changing her story but she says Ballester told her the same story every time.

Read More at: http://local21news.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/dive-begin-weekend-second-woman-comes-forward-stouffer-case-7263.shtml"

In doing a bit of digging thru some old notes and doing more research, this woman has made various "other" claims pertaining to one of the key players early in the investigation in "comment" sections of other media outlets.

As sad as I am to say this .. I really don't think she has any inside knowledge. In her latest comments she made this evening on the PennLive article .. she said she is willing to take a poly .. I say .. give her one before you search the lake. But then again .. she also made reference to "someone" passing a poly by using anxiety meds .. so .. I guess .. take it for what its worth.

I REALLY REALLY wanted this to be the real deal .. but I thought her name rang a bell with me!

I remembered her right away - I am not a member of the FB group anymore for Kortne, but when I was this woman in the article was kicked off for the comments she made and the conflicting stories she gave. People believed her at first and then once they talked to her face to face they changed their mind. While she does seem slightly unstable, I think just for peace of mind they should search the lake.

From Post # 480: Quoting TV-21's Article #7263:

"On Monday an anonymous woman claimed to know Kortne. "I've been in contact with Amanda on numerous occasions shortly after Kortne went missing and she told me stories and I went to the police with these stories half a dozen times in the month of August 2012 and 4 times out of the 6 times they sent me to voicemail and never got a call back...the final time I finally spoke with someone they cut me off about 2 minutes and said that Amanda was not credible they thought she was crazy," she said. She says the police told her Ballester is not credible because she kept changing her story but she says Ballester told her the same story every time.

[Too bad TV-21 removed their above Article 7263]

Three Articles Added Today/Tuesday:

Memorial Lake Search Postponed till "Next Week"

1) http://local21news.com/news/feature...stouffer-postponed-until-next-week-7256.shtml

2) http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/03/kortne_stouffer_search_memoria.html

The lake will be Closed during that to-be-determined time.

3) http://fox43.com/2014/03/25/divers-...for-kortne-stouffer-to-prepare/#axzz2x18VIJi8:

Good Interview With The Dive Team Commander.

Memorial Lake Website:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/memoriallake/

Found their Map It Link with Aerial View to be very useful.

New Cumberland River Rescue:

http://ncrr100.com/

Hoping For Results By Her April 24th Birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj