PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this young woman's story sounds plausible and fairy credible.

Search that lake, already!

And as for the coincidence that a peace walk for Kortne was held at this lake and that her picture is posted by the lake....
In July 2012, when interest in Mickey Shunick's missing case started to wane locally, I went and bought missing signs (essentially her missing flier on a yard sign) that a local party supply store was making and selling at a small cost. I put them up around Lafayette where I ran & drove and the surrounding areas where I drove. I put one at the corner of St. Landry and Dean Streets in Lafayette because I would run in the area, it's the neighborhood where Mickey was last seen on camera, and there was a field where I figured no one would mind if I put a sign. Later, when Brandon Scott Lavergne confessed to her abduction & murder, he confessed that it was that very intersection where I had put the sign where he hit Mickey on her bike (he was in his truck) and abducted her. Today, a ghost bike sits at that intersection in Mickey's honor. I did not know when I placed the sign at that intersection that it was the spot where Mickey had been abducted. Sometimes coincidences happen. Weird coincidences.

PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012

Recent Theory About Disposal In A Nearby Lake

Recent Interview With Father

$ 50,000 Reward

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...ovides_most_credibl.html#incart_river_default

May There Be Results By Her 23rd Birthday on April 24th.

Wow, a couple of very interesting comments under that article -esp the one by "Bets" about who was present at the under-age drinking party and how that affected the investigation.

So if there was no missing rug why wouldn't DA just say that? I can't believe people are suggesting this lead should not be followed up on. She is coming forth to report a tip, she is not posting anonymously to some web page. I personally tend to believe her. We know KS was involved in some bad stuff...just like this person is claiming. Clearly if there was no missing rug the DA would come forth and just say that. Plus KS father heard what she had to say and believed her. And he is the one who said she knew information that was not released to the public. I believe either CP or MR had something to do with it...maybe they did not mastermind it but they know something, saw something. That's my opinion.

There are many more rumors floating around the county about who was at the underaged drinking party and why no attention has been given to this case. Right now, if I were the Stouffer family, I'd be camped out on the front steps of the Lebanon County Courthouse and not leave until I got some satisfaction!

if that gal is telling the truth, as she knows it, I pray for her safety....she is taking a possible risk going public....but maybe, if this info is actual, it will SHAKE LE UP...I have always thought there was someone/something connected to....well, you know

Maybe LE knows something that negates what she says. If not, they just come off as looking stubborn, in trying to blame her, and foolish for not at least taking her seriously enough to get the lake searched. You have to take your tips wherever they come from. I do not see how they can say she is NOT in the lake.

Maybe LE knows something that negates what she says. If not, they just come off as looking stubborn, in trying to blame her, and foolish for not at least taking her seriously enough to get the lake searched. You have to take your tips wherever they come from. I do not see how they can say she is NOT in the lake.

Unless they know where she really is? Either a witness protection scheme or they have something to do with her disappearance. MOO.

Yes, I think if they don't search the lake LE is going to look like they are covering something or someone up whether they are guilty of that or not. Seems like in the public eye the ball is in there court right now. I'm sure if it was one of their own children they would be using the tax payer's money if they had to. I am not sure I believe her yet but I don't see why she would take this risk for a lie. Didn't they find a car with four people in it, in another state last year with new technology, why can't they use this here. If this girl is telling the truth that she is not doing this for the reward money, then the reward money could be used to search there.

I would think the "reward" money can't just be used for anything- including an investigation- as the donations have been solicited as "reward" money. There are other organizations in the area though that have dive teams. Memorial Lake is located less than 30 minutes from the state capital. It adjoins a major army base. It is only 30 minutes from the Susquehanna River, where dive teams are used on a regular basis to search for the lost, suicides, etc. I recall at least 4 searches in the river last year, but there may have been more than that.

I understand Texas Equusearch could be a huge cost, especially with transporting the group and their equipment so far, but they cannot be the only group in the US who can search in this manner!

If this girl is telling the truth she should get the money!
That's what its for! To find KS!

"I don't believe she has any ill motives. I think she doesn't know what she's talking about," said Dave Arnold, Lebanon County District Attorney.

To find out why the lake has not been searched, we asked Arnold. He says Ballester is not credible. He claims her story has changed and some of her theories are factually wrong. Plus, Lebanon County does not have a dive team. And to call one in, requires more proof because searching this lake would be dangerous and after two years, the body may be covered in sediment or deteriorated.

"Divers aren't going to be put in danger unless there's some basis to believe there's a reason to do so," added Arnold.

Ballaster told CBS 21 her story has not changed and added, "It's just sickening to me what the police are not willing to do. They won't listen to me." She said she knows the people who killed Stouffer, but police won't take her seriously. She added the killers were after money and marijuana - and Stouffer just happened to get in their way.

There is a $50,000 reward for information leading to Stouffer's location.

Meanwhile, there has been a petition started on Change.org to convince Lebanon County District Attorney Dave Arnold to issue the search of Memorial Lake, which can be found here: https://www.change.org/petitions/le...-david-arnold-search-memorial-lake-for-kortne

Read More at: http://www.local21news.com/news/fea...touffers-body-dumped-memorial-lake-7182.shtml
All the comments at the various news sources support searching the Lake.

I wonder if public pressure will push LE to search for Kortne?
http://www.local21news.com/news/fea...touffers-body-dumped-memorial-lake-7182.shtml

In doing a bit of digging thru some old notes and doing more research, this woman has made various "other" claims pertaining to one of the key players early in the investigation in "comment" sections of other media outlets.

As sad as I am to say this .. I really don't think she has any inside knowledge. In her latest comments she made this evening on the PennLive article .. she said she is willing to take a poly .. I say .. give her one before you search the lake. But then again .. she also made reference to "someone" passing a poly by using anxiety meds .. so .. I guess .. take it for what its worth.

I REALLY REALLY wanted this to be the real deal .. but I thought her name rang a bell with me!

The local news here says the petition has over 3500 signatures. Will be interesting to see if this provokes DA Arnold to do anything!

I am catching up on this story and am trying to avoid asking questions that have already been covered but didn't see any comments from KSs boyfriend about whether drugs/money were in the apartment . Has that been determined?
I am wondering if CP left the door unlocked on purpose so that someone else could enter and take what was there. Maybe at that point things went awry and KS awoke.

I keep going back and forth on how I feel about CP and it would help knowing more about the dynamics of their relationship. I wonder how many years CP and KS knew each other. In my 20s I had one or two male friends who were like brothers to me and it would be nothing for them to crash at an apartment with no ill intention . In fact I never felt safer than when they accompanied me and my girlfriends for a night out. I also crashed at their apartments or girlfriends who lived in the city - rather than drive home from a bar and I often left while they were sleeping and texted a "thanks" or "headed home early" on my way out. I wouldn't go check to see if they were in their room sleeping so I can understand leaving without knowing . But the text inquiring "what happened?" has me stumped- I can see "where are you?" or "talk to you later" .

My first thought is perhaps they shared a bed and things got more than friendly and CP may have passed out before anything happened and KS moved to another room hence - what happened? Or something was going on with KS and someone else before he went to bed and he fell asleep.

I am really torn with his involvement but if he is innocent - the window of opportunity was there after he left but the door would have had to have been left opened or KP let someone in from what I am gathering from all the prior threads.

And she won't stop posting and she has proven herself to be looney tunes. I can't imagine why PennLive would have given this woman a public platform.

I'm wary of people who constantly deflect blame and try to elicit sympathy every chance they get..

I think this young lady is putting herself in extreme danger by tattling, whether or not her claims are true. After reading the articles about her claims and the comments section, I doubt her story. Obviously, if she knows what happened to Kortne, then she has named the perps.

For whatever reasons, CP and his buddy have supposedly been vetted by LE, and since they appear to have gone on with their lives, I doubt their involvement. But then, what possibly could have happened that early morning? CP placing himself in the camera range in the market at 7:30 am certainly looks like he created an alibi.

I just don't know... this is a sad, sad case that I don't believe LE ever took seriously. And it seemed so solvable in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson