PA PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been looking on and off for 25 years. Every time I get a chance I drive around the area and do web searches to see if anything pops up. I keep adding things to my large 3 ring binder on the case. Now that I am a member here, I have a large group of like minded individuals to draw upon for ideas and insight.

Track, were the footprints going in the direction of the traffic or against it?

The reason I ask is that as an adult it seems natural that while walking with a child along a street that the adult would be the one that is on the "outside", i.e., walking closest to traffic with the child tucked into the grass.

If the tracks were going with traffic and Lauren was holding his left hand that would make sense to me that a mentally-impaired person wouldn't have that natural tendency to be on the more dangerous side.

Track, were the footprints going in the direction of the traffic or against it?

The reason I ask is that as an adult it seems natural that while walking with a child along a street that the adult would be the one that is on the "outside", i.e., walking closest to traffic with the child tucked into the grass.

If the tracks were going with traffic and Lauren was holding his left hand that would make sense to me that a mentally-impaired person wouldn't have that natural tendency to be on the more dangerous side.

That's what I was thinking.

I am waiting for some resources do some follow up for me before I move forward.

Lest anyone think I have hit a road block...

I continue to develop information from those who lived in the area at the time and those that still do. The former FBI agent is tied up with business, however I still keep him updated on my progress. As we have a Lyme outbreak and a ton of ticks, I am waiting for a cold snap to investigate my two woodlands targets. I am currently working up a profile on on a POI and need to do two more interviews to conclude that part. I am also going to talk to the National Guard who's property the grave yard is on. I doubt that will be a problem as I am an old Army NCO. They helped with the original search, perhaps they will be disposed to assist again as a training mission?

I work a regular job like most of you, so it's weekends, lunch breaks and evenings when I get to play sleuth.

I have not given up in 25 years...I'm not going to now. :websleuther:

I continue to develop information from those who lived in the area at the time and those that still do. The former FBI agent is tied up with business, however I still keep him updated on my progress. As we have a Lyme outbreak and a ton of ticks, I am waiting for a cold snap to investigate my two woodlands targets. I am currently working up a profile on on a POI and need to do two more interviews to conclude that part. I am also going to talk to the National Guard who's property the grave yard is on. I doubt that will be a problem as I am an old Army NCO. They helped with the original search, perhaps they will be disposed to assist again as a training mission?

I work a regular job like most of you, so it's weekends, lunch breaks and evenings when I get to play sleuth.

You are simply amazing. God bless you!

Track, if you are recording your interviews and you need them transcribed, please let me know. I am a court reporter and I can get that done quickly and easily. If you are giving up your free time to do this, it's the least I can do to help too.

Still making plans to check a couple of areas. Seems like LE is not interested at all and am thinking about taking it to County Detectives. Just waiting for a cold snap to kill off the vegetation and ticks. I have one former LE, a sign cutter and some others interested. Planning on looking for the grave yard in the woods and taking thin sharp steel rods to prod the ground with. Other plans are in the works. Stay tuned! :)

Just an update. I have had a health setback. Found out last week I only have 70% lung capacity (never smoked). This limits how long I can be outside in cold weather as I cannot fight off viruses, colds etc like other folks and I am now on some meds for life. Still not giving up and I am still trying to get access to the property where the grave yard is.

Just an update. I have had a health setback. Found out last week I only have 70% lung capacity (never smoked). This limits how long I can be outside in cold weather as I cannot fight off viruses, colds etc like other folks and I am now on some meds for life. Still not giving up and I am still trying to get access to the property where the grave yard is.

You are an earth angel. I am dedicating a very special prayer tonight for you for strength and improved health in 2014. God Bless and hang tough.

How ya doing Tracker?

These pictures are a disgrace. This little girl went missing in the late '80s, and these pictures look like they were taken before the invention of the wheel. That blurry, black-and-white pic looks like the last one on the roll that was always skewed, NOT the picture you put out if you are honestly looking for your abducted daughter. I think LE needs to lean on her sister. I bet she has seen/heard a lot of things over the years that she wishes she hadn't.

Just my opinion.

It's funny that you mentioned that because in the Unsolved Mysteries re-enactment, a plainclothes police office arrives at Christina's apartment asking if she had found any recent photos of Lauren. Most of that portion of the re-enactment had Stack narration over it, but the actress playing Christina O'Donnell can clearly heard saying that she'd been unable to find any.

I used to believe that Christina O'Donnell was 100% innocent, but with what I've read, I'm beginning to have my doubts. I don't necessarily think she outright sold Lauren or set up the disappearance, but I do wonder if maybe she wasn't really in the house for a few minutes cleaning when Lauren vanished as she claimed in her Unsolved Mysteries interview, but maybe she took some pills and laid down for much longer than she planned. She doesn't seem like the most stable parent. It sounds like she relegated much of Lauren's care to her older daughter who was only 12 at the time.

It's funny that you mentioned that because in the Unsolved Mysteries re-enactment, a plainclothes police office arrives at Christina's apartment asking if she had found any recent photos of Lauren. Most of that portion of the re-enactment had Stack narration over it, but the actress playing Christina O'Donnell can clearly heard saying that she'd been unable to find any.

I used to believe that Christina O'Donnell was 100% innocent, but with what I've read, I'm beginning to have my doubts. I don't necessarily think she outright sold Lauren or set up the disappearance, but I do wonder if maybe she wasn't really in the house for a few minutes cleaning when Lauren vanished as she claimed in her Unsolved Mysteries interview, but maybe she took some pills and laid down for much longer than she planned. She doesn't seem like the most stable parent. It sounds like she relegated much of Lauren's care to her older daughter who was only 12 at the time.

The most significant thing I found that I believe speaks volumes about how the mother felt about Lauren was the mother's obituary where it says she only had one daughter.... Lauren's sister. I think that is VERY profound because the mother died not knowing what happened to Lauren; she didn't know if Lauren was dead or alive, so to not acknowledge that she even had another daughter told me everything I needed to know.

The most significant thing I found that I believe speaks volumes about how the mother felt about Lauren was the mother's obituary where it says she only had one daughter.... Lauren's sister. I think that is VERY profound because the mother died not knowing what happened to Lauren; she didn't know if Lauren was dead or alive, so to not acknowledge that she even had another daughter told me everything I needed to know.

I had forgotten about that obituary. It's very telling indeed. What do you believe was the mother's involvement?

I had forgotten about that obituary. It's very telling indeed. What do you believe was the mother's involvement?

I don't know enough about the specifics to even hazard an educated guess as to the how, but the obit and those pathetic, blurry, indecipherable pictures she used to help find her "Missing" daughter leaves not doubt in my mind as to the who.

You all must remember, Christina did not write her obituary, her family did. And only some of the family was contacted by the FBI and that was 1 year after the disappearance.

I don't know enough about the specifics to even hazard an educated guess as to the how, but the obit and those pathetic, blurry, indecipherable pictures she used to help find her "Missing" daughter leaves not doubt in my mind as to the who.

In any event, I think the mother had something to hide. I believe Christina's drug habit is somehow linked to Lauren's disappearance. Either Lauren was kidnapped by drug dealers as sometimes of retaliation against the mother or the mother was passed out on drugs and left Lauren unattended.

I never really bought the mother's story about how she just went inside for a few minutes to clean up and came right back out to find that Lauren had vanished. I get the impression that it was not terribly uncommon for Lauren to be left playing outside totally unsupervised.

any updates? Trackergd? you still out there? bumping for news???

I'm still around. I am working four PA cases at once. I have been doing international travel and will be in China for a week.

I am getting 0 cooperation from the local LE. I have a suspected area to check out, but am waiting for approval from the land owners.

I am about to take what I have developed and go right over local LE's head to the county detectives since local LE seem to want this case to stay cold.

I also have a couple of contacts to interview and a POI I need to dig up more information on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kels1221
Back