PA - Leon Katz, infant, murdered, and twin, injured by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What if she wanted to commit acts of violence on boys on purpose?
Her studies were women centric.
True, but was she willing to give up on her PhD and go to prison? How could she possibly think she’d get away with it? Look where she is right now.
Is this a good thing to be facing?:

Pittsburgh police charged Virzi on Sunday with criminal homicide, three counts of aggravated assault, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

True, but was she willing to give up on her PhD and go to prison? How could she possibly think she’d get away with it? Look where she is right now.
She could be book smart but scattered.
I believe this was deliberate.
She saw a chance to hurt two boys and took it.
Whether that was for pleasure for herself or for further studies on her part, I haven't decided.
She determined the chance was worth it.
Moo.

She could be book smart but scattered.
I believe this was deliberate.
She saw a chance to hurt two boys and took it.
Whether that was for pleasure for herself or for further studies on her part, I haven't decided.
She determined the chance was worth it.
Moo.
Right, maybe book smart and over-confident that as a PhD student her accident story would be believed. As @lightofmine99 pointed out.

True, but was she willing to give up on her PhD and go to prison? How could she possibly think she’d get away with it? Look where she is right now. Is this a good thing to be facing?...

This is just my own list and my own thoughts to try to explain how this could happen to an education-motivated woman just visiting in town and being in a babysitting situation. I don't relate to these necessarily, but there's nothing wrong with viewing it from many different angles in an attempt to determine what I'll call reasons and motives.

Is this
  • the reactions of a inexperienced, frustrated babysitter having major melt downs having been left to care for "uncontrollable" babies on two separate occasions?
  • some kind of devious, insidious compulsion to harm babies that she had thought about before? Some think this might've been something she planned. Or something she couldn't control.
  • jealousy, revenge, envy, or something to do with the study of depression and some sick impulse to cause depression in the parents?
  • deep-seated unhappiness and dissatisfaction, maybe some kind of (academic) failure, or lack of acceptance, maybe sick of school, a need to act out big time and self-sabotage to ruin her own life.
  • A long time resentment and anger towards her prominent father, maybe he pushed her constantly to obtain high grades or a career, whatever... wanting to do something outrageous to hurt him?
  • a person being blamed for genital injuries to a baby that she pointed out, and then an accidental fatal accident of the second child she was left to care for?
animated-question-mark-sign-image-0011.gif
I ask these because she's sitting in jail now facing serious charges and her reputation is tainted forever. Her life will probably never ever be the success she expected. We ask-- how could she let all this happen to her life in just a short time visiting friends in PA?

All my own speculation and MOO.

Last edited:
Excellent, comprehensive list. Some of it is reminiscent of the Lucy Letby case and similar cases, in a sense. And all of it pertinent to those of us who have read many true crime narratives and books over the years… added to my post below to respond
Thanks, @SMK777. Just trying to grasp how and why NV is now facing those serious charges going from a bright future to now possible prison.

Actually, I don't know much or enough about the Lucy Letby case, but many here have mentioned it, and in relation to this case.
Pittsburgh police charged Virzi on Sunday with criminal homicide, three counts of aggravated assault, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

I really want to follow this to trial and I hope there isn't a lot of delays. I hope some locals attend the trial and share with us or there's good reporting.

Last edited:

This is just my own list and my own thoughts to try to explain how this could happen to an education-motivated woman just visiting in town and being in a babysitting situation. I don't relate to these necessarily, but there's nothing wrong with viewing it from many different angles in an attempt to determine what I'll call reasons and motives.

Is this
  • the reactions of a inexperienced, frustrated babysitter having major melt downs having been left to care for "uncontrollable" babies on two separate occasions?
  • some kind of devious, insidious compulsion to harm babies that she had thought about before? Some think this might've been something she planned. Or something she couldn't control.
  • jealousy, revenge, envy, or something to do with the study of depression and some sick impulse to cause depression in the parents?
  • deep-seated unhappiness and dissatisfaction, maybe some kind of failure, maybe sick of school, a need to act out big time and self-sabotage to ruin her own life. angry at her prominent father perhaps, and wanting to do something outrageous to hurt him?
  • a person being blamed for genital injuries to a baby that she pointed out, and then an accidental fatal accident of the second child she was left to care for?
I ask these because she's sitting in jail now facing serious charges and her life will probably never ever be the success she expected.
Excellent, comprehensive list. Some of it is reminiscent of the Lucy Letby case and similar cases, in a sense. And all of it pertinent to those of us who have read many true crime narratives and books over the years…

Hi, very new to posting so I'm not sure if I'll do this correctly.. from the above post, I think these snippets are the most likely and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that all of these are true..

"the reactions of a inexperienced, frustrated babysitter"
"jealousy, revenge, envy"
"deep-seated unhappiness and dissatisfaction, maybe some kind of failure, maybe sick of school"
"angry at her prominent father perhaps"

Hi, very new to posting so I'm not sure if I'll do this correctly.. from the above post, I think these snippets are the most likely and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that all of these are true..

"the reactions of a inexperienced, frustrated babysitter"
"jealousy, revenge, envy"
"deep-seated unhappiness and dissatisfaction, maybe some kind of failure, maybe sick of school"
"angry at her prominent father perhaps"
Yes, I agree! Welcome to Websleuths :)

Is this
  • deep-seated unhappiness and dissatisfaction, maybe some kind of (academic) failure, or lack of acceptance, maybe sick of school, a need to act out big time and self-sabotage to ruin her own life.
  • A long time resentment and anger towards her prominent father, maybe he pushed her constantly to obtain high grades or a career, whatever... wanting to do something outrageous to hurt him?
animated-question-mark-sign-image-0011.gif
I ask these because she's sitting in jail now facing serious charges and her reputation is tainted forever. Her life will probably never ever be the success she expected. We ask-- how could she let all this happen to her life in just a short time visiting friends in PA?

All my own speculation and MOO.
Good list. I lean towards frustrated babysitter or fear of consequences from the genital injury.

I’d add another: deep-seated anger at one or both of the parents, or of their relationship. Was she trying to set up an injury that she “found” and where one parent would then turn on accusing the other? Did the parents instead call from the hospital in solidarity and start asking NV hard questions - enraging her?

All above is my total speculation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back