Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were my business I would have kept a close eye on someone looking in my windows. He didn't see him go off and dig a hole? Instead he hung out in the parking lot and took pictures of the inside of the car? Not accusing the business owner of anything, just questioning what the heck was going through his mind!!

When doing a street view of this business, I would imagine that the owner would want to take photos of the vehicle. It is a fairly rural area and the building appears to be a shop of some sort. There is a car in property at 5 pm and leaves. The driver returns later and the owner comes upon the car with no occupant nearby. The owner probably thought the driver was going to rob him of tools in the evening. Photos would allow for an accounting of any items/tools not being in the car when it was parked. If the person came back when police were there, the owner could verify that anything in the vehicle was added after the photo was taken.

Or, when he looked in the vehicle, he saw something that seemed out of place for a vehicle,
something that appeared Amish, possible belonging to a young woman.

• Difficult to choose like on this one. I thought they may have been used for strangulation (not easy to digest the details). I wonder if something about the stockings told LE she was strangled and that's where the reference "believed to have been harmed" came from.
I think that's a very good possibility.

If Amish women do not wear black hair coverings to church, then why was Linda wearing one, and where did it come from?
Could it be she wrapped the dark stockings around her head and tied them in a knot to show a sign she was in trouble?
Something's not adding up here.
A previous posting had a local explain the dressing up for a church service involved wearing a black cap, but only for church. Otherwise she wore an everyday white cap.

When doing a street view of this business, I would imagine that the owner would want to take photos of the vehicle. It is a fairly rural area and the building appears to be a shop of some sort. There is a car in property at 5 pm and leaves. The driver returns later and the owner comes upon the car with no occupant nearby. The owner probably thought the driver was going to rob him of tools in the evening. Photos would allow for an accounting of any items/tools not being in the car when it was parked. If the person came back when police were there, the owner could verify that anything in the vehicle was added after the photo was taken.

Or, when he looked in the vehicle, he saw something that seemed out of place for a vehicle,
something that appeared Amish, possible belonging to a young woman.
I like the before and after scenario. Good thinking.

IMO, I think the suspect has been casing the neighborhood. I wonder if this was premeditated and planned. We know he was charged with many gunpoint robberies over time. I wonder if those businesses in the neighborhood have been robbed, hence, the cams. Wonder if one of his crimes in a way helped catch him for this horrible crime. He didn't deserve to breathe the same air as this angel. MOO.

IMO, I think the suspect has been casing the neighborhood. I wonder if this was premeditated and planned. We know he was charged with many gunpoint robberies over time. I wonder if those businesses in the neighborhood have been robbed, hence, the cams. Wonder if one of his crimes in a way helped catch him for this horrible crime. He didn't deserve to breathe the same air as this angel. MOO.
The pain and anguish and fear this monster caused in this beautiful young woman's life not to mention her families anguish. I hope her family receives endless grace and faith during these troubled times.

That may very well be, but why not bury them all together at the same time?
Id say it was a loosely scattered plan, that he hastily decided and put into action, after committing the main offences. He probably hid a piece here, and ditched some items there, maybe dropped some in the concrete form work, or trash at his workplace.

a few thoughts after catching up on the charging docs and news reports. FYI, I am intimately familiar with the Ronks area:

- the shed building business on Harvest Road is isolated and hard to stumble upon as the roads are confusing in that area. smoker seems to have worked at and traveled to/from a number of similar construction-related businesses while under surveillance, and I’d wager he knew this location from his work. He may also have known that it would be closed when he arrived there.
- there aren’t “woods” behind it so much as a buffer from adjacent train tracks.
- during that trip he backed into a space and stayed for a while. That doesn’t jibe with burying two small items 6” under the ground. What else was he doing? Did he bring her there and then move her again? Maybe he went back and checked and buried what he forgot to take the first time?

Regardless, and this is just my opinion...
I hope he gets Covid-19 in jail and then taken care of by the inmates. Complete psychopath who took advantage of an sweet innocent child. Yes.. and 18 year old child. Heartbreaking!

Regardless, and this is just my opinion...
I hope he gets Covid-19 in jail and then taken care of by the inmates. Complete psychopath who took advantage of an sweet innocent child. Yes.. and 18 year old child. Heartbreaking!
You know, skin beefs get dealt with in jail. If he's in a general population, guys will know what he's in for.

So on 6/21 he took Linda at 12:42, was seen about 9 miles east of her home on Amish Road in Gap around 1:30 and then was at the Harvest Road business from 2:30 until 3:35, which is about 3 miles west of where he abducted her. All from Old Order community witnesses, latter-day technology led to arrest of suspect in Amish woman’s kidnapping

Why would he have driven east initially and then west, passing the general location from which he took her and then gone to Harvest Road? Did he hand her off to someone near Gap then drive west to hide evidence? Did he plan to assault her in Gap but had to go with plan B of Harvest Road?

I still wonder if someone else is involved.

I'm following this closely as I have distant relatives (and many ancestors) from the area. I'm not in touch with any of them but this makes me want to reach out. I've been to Lancaster County. I don't remember if I was in any of these small villages though. I will follow this to the conclusion and witness justice for sweet Linda.

I'm following this closely as I have distant relatives (and many ancestors) from the area. I'm not in touch with any of them but this makes me want to reach out. I've been to Lancaster County. I don't remember if I was in any of these small villages though. I will follow this to the conclusion and witness justice for sweet Linda.
I live in the area. This is heartbreaking!

There were railroad tracks where they found the clothing, and also to the rear of his work place, coincidence?
Also I see a pond, on his work place property and then if you look to the rear of the property there are woods and another small lake or pond, have these been searched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95