Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Daisy1980 very useful and informative link. They found stockings (presumably her's) tied in a knot.

RBBM

A question, please, for one of our Amish posters - do Amish typically tie their socks into a knot when going barefoot in the summer?

I don't like where my mind is going with this . . .

TIA.

The affidavit under #21 mentions "would be tied in a knot for her to carry as she walked barefooted home" but that seems like an assumption unless the girl who last saw her says so....which is not specifically mentioned. Side note, that girl who saw her last, I can't even imagine.:(
They could' have been tied in a knot while she was walking home. I just go by what I read, it's just my way. Oh, I know the girl who saw her last must be sad.

Thank you, ScrappyCat!
Ok.. so I drove by the garage about an hour ago. The road is no longer closed like it was yesterday, but the Stoltzsfoos property has cones blocking their driveway, presumably to stop people from “turning around” on their property.

There is a black extension cord with plug hanging over the middle bay BUT there is a white object that looks like a camera mounted in the right hand corner of the garage that is not in any of the satellite imaging. Here’s a close up of where it is located currently but absent from pictures. I couldn’t stop to get a picture because there was some kind of utility working in the area. I didn’t get a great look, but it was something similar to what is pictured in the attached photo.

If Amish women do not wear black hair coverings to church, then why was Linda wearing one, and where did it come from?
Could it be she wrapped the dark stockings around her head and tied them in a knot to show a sign she was in trouble?
Something's not adding up here.
Good old Rocky1 thinking outside the box. That's a real possibility.

Yes. My question, too. And where was he when the business owner took pics of the car interior?

If it were my business I would have kept a close eye on someone looking in my windows. He didn't see him go off and dig a hole? Instead he hung out in the parking lot and took pictures of the inside of the car? Not accusing the business owner of anything, just questioning what the heck was going through his mind!!

If Amish women do not wear black hair coverings to church, then why was Linda wearing one, and where did it come from?
Could it be she wrapped the dark stockings around her head and tied them in a knot to show a sign she was in trouble?

Black covering would be consistent with a young girl's church clothes in Lancaster.

Each church district has slightly different customs. In Linda’s district, unmarried women wear black coverings to church only and white all the rest of the time. In other districts like the one the people on Amish Road must belong to, black coverings aren’t a thing for anyone. It’s white coverings all the time. So the Amish Road people knew this woman was from a different area from them. Sounds like when they realized there was a missing girl they put 2 and 2 together to realize what they saw.

Last edited:
And why only bury those two articles of clothing, and not the rest?
I know. Why a bra and stockings? Where’s the rest? I wonder if they both have blood or other bodily fluid, one has blood/fluid, or neither has blood/fluid. Just trying to think why he might have chosen those two items to hide on Harvest Rd. Since they have his car, maybe something in there indicated that Linda had been harmed, and the clothing doesn’t.

Are you thinking he may have used the stockings for ligature strangulation?
  • Difficult to choose like on this one. I thought they may have been used for strangulation (not easy to digest the details). I wonder if something about the stockings told LE she was strangled and that's where the reference "believed to have been harmed" came from.

Possibly. Unfortunately.

JMVHO.

Bras have also been used to strangle people.

Man strangles girlfriend with bra, police say

Russian woman strangles neighbour with bra
Now that I know Amish women wear black hair coverings to church, and she wouldn't have used her stockings for a hair covering, I'm starting to lean that way too.
I've gone barefoot many times, and I always put one sock in each of my shoes. I've never tied them in a knot. But then again, many tie them together when they are washed so she may have done it out of habit. Mine are always folded one into the other, not tied in a knot, after they are washed.

RBBM

A question, please, for one of our Amish posters - do Amish typically tie their socks into a knot when going barefoot in the summer?

I don't like where my mind is going with this . . .

TIA.
I don’t know. I’m assuming these stockings are like black knee highs, made out of pantyhose material, based on what I’ve seen Amish women wearing when they must dress up. Some people tie pairs of those in a loose knot just to keep the pair together—others put the tops together and fold them down. She might have stuffed them in a shoe so as not to lose them as she walked. But there would definitely be a difference between a knot you’d tie to keep your knee highs in a pair and a knot someone would tie to use them as a ligature or restraint. Or gag, I guess :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95