Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be, but in my state he'd be subjected to random daily drug tests where he'd be issued a color, required to call a phone number on a daily basis, and listen to a recording. For example, if his color is blue, and they announce blue, he'd be required to report within two hours for a drug/alcohol test. They very well may call blue 3 days in a row, so if he thought he got the test out of the way and can then party, he'd be in for a surprise.
Was JS even on parole or probation or when he was released was it time served, your free and on your own? I don't think that was ever discussed on here.
On second thought, maybe it means they have found it but it is some place where they haven't been able to retrieve it yet?
We have pretty much concluded that the police have the car and its been impounded.

Was JS even on parole or probation or when he was released was it time served, your free and on your own? I don't think that was ever discussed on here.

We have pretty much concluded that the police have the car and its been impounded.

I'll have to go back and look, but I've been on here pretty much all day and haven't seen evidence of that.

Thanks. For your helpfulness I will ask for more if you don't mind educating me. TIA

Question 1: Is a kidnapping charge (with an adult victim) usually enough to ensure that the suspect will be held without bond? It doesn't seem like that would necessarily be enough. Therefore, if I had more charges at the ready I would want to add them on.

Question 2: If LE has the evidence, what is the harm in charging the suspect with something more and revising, as warranted, later? For instance, I'm aware that in some cases a suspect is charged with Murder 1 and its later changed to Murder 2. There doesn't seem to be any issue with making such a revision. In fact, it seems to occur pretty frequently, IMO.
It wasn’t enough to hold Tammy and Sidney Moorer in the Heather Elvis case. Unfortunately.

Edited to clarify:
The judge first denied the Moorers bail but later allowed it under certain conditions — they had to wear an ankle monitor, remain a certain distance from the home of the victim’s family, etc. They were found guilty at their respective trials and sentenced to 30-years behind bars.

Last edited:
Justo Smoker Charges | Affidavit | Crimes 10 pages
Description:
Affidavit of probable cause supporting charges against Justo Smoker in the disappearance of Linda Stoltzfoos
I see where it says felony full but that is all I see he was charged with. Doesn"t name the victim or any info. about her. Could that be in a sealed affadavit ?

There are several witnesses in this great article Gardenkeep, thank you. One witness even took pictures of the inside of JS's car without being seen. Good for them. From what I gather, Linda Stoltzfoos was abducted about 12:45 pm on June 21st. and it was not apparent that she was missing until 11 pm. on June 21st. She was gone for 10 hours before anyone knew.

[bbm]

I didn't see that info in the quoted article?

I always chose to believe that a missing subject is alive until there is evidence that they are not. For all we know he has her locked in a barn or outbuilding somewhere. Concerning in that she may not have food or water.

I always chose to believe that a missing subject is alive until there is evidence that they are not. For all we know he has her locked in a barn or outbuilding somewhere. Concerning in that she may not have food or water.
If this is the case, I fear even more for Linda. Imagine if she's not being fed while he's in jail? ;_; I could go down the spiral of imaginations, but that would be tragic

Being held somewhere has already happened in several cases. Always hold out hope even if chances are slim.

I don't see where any evidence has been provided where 'we' could conclude the police have the car. They say they know where it is. That is all. Could it be in the impound lot? Yes. Could it be in, say, a body of water somewhere? I say yes it could be anywhere until they tell us exactly where it is. They must have their reasons for just saying "the Kia's whereabouts are known" instead of saying "we have it and we are processing it for evidence."

From the York Daily Record

Police: More details about missing Amish teen Linda Stoltzfoos

"Investigators could see a red sedan traveling along Beechdale Road around 12:42 p.m. The driver's side window was down and a white object could be seen on the front seat passenger side.

Authorities identified the vehicle as a red Kia Rio with a spoiler and stickers on the trunk. A records check showed that Justo Smoker, 34, of Paradise, owned a vehicle fitting that description, and he worked at a business in Gap.

Investigators drove to the business, saw the red Kia Rio in the parking lot and found that it matched the vehicle in the video. During their surveillance, police noted it left the business around 5:25 p.m. on July 8, and they later found it parked behind Smoker's apartment along the Lincoln Highway."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog