Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the same location that they found her other clothing items. 3104 Harvest Drive, in Ronks.
Did they find more clothes??
The first report said they found articles of clothing buried. This latest report says along railroad tracks which implies they were visible to the naked eye. Is that 2 places that clothing was found or just one ? Was the clothing buried along the railroad track ?

They wait as long as possible because once they charge, the clock for a timely trial starts ticking. I think they may be waiting to see if they find her body soon, and he is going to stay locked up in the meantime so he isn’t going anywhere.
They can't charge him with murder without evidence.
If they did, The Judge would throw it out at the preliminary hearing due to lack of probable cause.

The first report said they found articles of clothing buried. This latest report says along railroad tracks which implies they were visible to the naked eye. Is that 2 places that clothing was found or just one ? Was the clothing buried along the railroad track ?
Either they found more clothing or more bad reporting with incorrect info. I guess we will hear more soon.

Last edited:
Either they found more clothing or more bad reporting with incorrect info. I guess we will here more soon.
am80, I am thinking first time they found clothing which was buried, they would have scoured the area looking for more clothing, her body or anything connected to this crime. I'm thinking it's highly unlikely they didn't see clothing along railroad tracks visible to the naked eye. JMO.

Last edited:
Thanks. For your helpfulness I will ask for more if you don't mind educating me. TIA

Question 1: Is a kidnapping charge (with an adult victim) usually enough to ensure that the suspect will be held without bond? It doesn't seem like that would necessarily be enough. Therefore, if I had more charges at the ready I would want to add them on.

Question 2: If LE has the evidence, what is the harm in charging the suspect with something more and revising, as warranted, later? For instance, I'm aware that in some cases a suspect is charged with Murder 1 and its later changed to Murder 2. There doesn't seem to be any issue with making such a revision. In fact, it seems to occur pretty frequently, IMO.

You are very welcome.

Since kidnapping is a very serious felony itself along with LE knowing the suspect has harmed his kidnapped victim it was more than enough evidence that any presiding judge would hold him without bond. Imo, the DA knew he would be denied bond.

Imo, with what they know already was enough to convince the judge what the end results will likely be.

Sadly this isn't the only case where a missing person was kidnapped, and murdered.

Imo, it has all the earmarks of sexually motivated kidnapping, and then murdering the victim afterwards to silence them.

I am not sure of the procedures in PA, but most states have it in place where a GJ can only indict on premeditated first degree.

There isn't any reason at the moment for the DA to bring murder charges.

I don't think they will ever indict him on second degree. It just doesn't fit with what we even know now.

Anyone while in the commission of another serious felony, and then murders the victim that is felony murder. A capital offense that makes the case eligible for the Death Penalty in states who have it.

So again at this time there is no need for additional charges. They know he isn't going anywhere. They will continue to gather more evidence until such time the DA is sure they can prove capital murder BARD. Or have enough probable cause to arrest him for murder.

There is no reason to rush. It's far better to not rush, and to get it right.

Jmho

Last edited:
This is how I interpreted it as well, Curiosity1234! Of course a few words in a tweet aren’t much to go on but if it’s new news I take it to mean more clothing was found and it sounds like they were visible vs being buried. Purely first assumptions on reading it. Hope we get more on this soon.

I was house, pet and niece sitting for my sister/brother-in-law for a week around the Fourth of July weekend in the Ronks area. With Linda's disappearance, we all felt cautious about my niece and curbed her staying alone and going outdoors alone. I went for a bicycle ride late afternoon on the 4th, parking my car at the front of Harvest Drive Family Inn, 3368 Harvest Dr, Gordonville. It is a 1.6 Mile bicycle ride to the 3104 Harvest Road location and I bicycled past there and then onto S. Weavertown crossing 340 to the other side and back around - 9/10 mile ride. IT IS a little more isolated along that stretch where the business is, but a few buggies were out. And now I am just recalling that a driver in a red sedan passed me while I was getting my bike and securing my car. I felt a pause and watched the back of the car as it was driving away, wondering if my car was in a safe place. For me that was strange, as the Lancaster countryside and farm fields have always felt peaceful.

Last edited:
Here is some clarification.... Per the Lancaster DA, the Kia’s whereabouts are known. They are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the car. therefore the car is NOT missing.

Attachments

• BEB84BB0-D9F4-4BEB-AB30-3192A575E72A.png
    BEB84BB0-D9F4-4BEB-AB30-3192A575E72A.png
    225.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I was house, pet and niece sitting for my sister/brother-in-law for a week around the Fourth of July weekend in the Ronks area. With Linda's disappearance, we all felt cautious about my niece and curbed her staying alone and going outdoors alone. I went for a bicycle ride late afternoon on the 4th, parking my car at the front of Harvest Drive Family Inn, 3368 Harvest Dr, Gordonville. It is a 1.6 Mile bicycle ride to the 3104 Harvest Road location and I bicycled past there and then onto S. Weavertown crossing 340 to the other side and back around - 9/10 mile ride. IT IS a little more isolated along that stretch, but a few buggies were out. And now I am just recalling that a driver in a red sedan passed me while I was getting my bike and securing my car. I felt a pause and watched the back of the car driving away, wondering if my car was in a safe place. For me that was strange, as the Lancaster countryside and farmfields have always felt peaceful.

You should report this. May be nothing but, in questioning you they may get valuable info.

Here some clarification. Per the Lancaster DA, the Kia’s whereabouts are known. They are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the car. therefore the car is NOT missing.

Well that clears things up about the vehicle. They have it. Bad news reporting once again. How in the heck did WGAL conclude LE were still looking for the vehicle!! Nothing I read made me come to that conclusion.

I was house, pet and niece sitting for my sister/brother-in-law for a week around the Fourth of July weekend in the Ronks area. With Linda's disappearance, we all felt cautious about my niece and curbed her staying alone and going outdoors alone. I went for a bicycle ride late afternoon on the 4th, parking my car at the front of Harvest Drive Family Inn, 3368 Harvest Dr, Gordonville. It is a 1.6 Mile bicycle ride to the 3104 Harvest Road location and I bicycled past there and then onto S. Weavertown crossing 340 to the other side and back around - 9/10 mile ride. IT IS a little more isolated along that stretch, but a few buggies were out. And now I am just recalling that a driver in a red sedan passed me while I was getting my bike and securing my car. I felt a pause and watched the back of the car driving away, wondering if my car was in a safe place. For me that was strange, as the Lancaster countryside and farmfields have always felt peaceful.
Have you contacted LE about your sighting of a red sedan on the afternoon of July 4? According to almino's post above, they would like to hear from you. It is possible you saw something that may help them find Miss Stoltzfoos.

Please consider telling LE what you remember seeing that day!

They are pleading with people to come forward if they saw a red car in the area!! Again, please report this!!

Here is some clarification.... Per the Lancaster DA, the Kia’s whereabouts are known. They are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the car. therefore the car is NOT missing.
LE is looking to track his every movement if they can with help from the public. Since it appears he works nights they are hoping the public can provide some of his daytime movements.

Well that clears things up about the vehicle. They have it. Bad news reporting once again. How in the heck did WGAL conclude LE were still looking for the vehicle!! Nothing I read made me come to that conclusion.

Odd wording, though. "The Kia's whereabouts are known." I want to hear "we have the car and we are examining it for evidence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966