Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled it and it is (if I have it correctly) 1 Hour and 15 Minutes from Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County.
Very possible it could be her, but we will have to wait and see.
It appears, just from first reports, that he did not go too far away while wandering the town and familiar places, but he could have taken an hour or so drive before LE got on to him.

View attachment 255712
This was reported as an African American female. Not Linda.Sadly still someone's loved one.

Yes! I completely agree! I believe RAD is a component in this situation. I am well versed on RAD and I’m very impressed someone suggested this.
Most people are completely unaware of the disorder unless it impacts them.
The children lack remorse and empathy but they can often “mimic” social norms. (At least to those not in the immediate family)
RAD can often turn to sociopathy
Isn't RAD also similar to psychopath ?

This was reported as an African American female. Not Linda.Sadly still someone's loved one.
Ugh. There have been a few murdered and discarded bodies found in Philly recently. So awful, and so upsetting for the people who discovered the bin today.

I wonder what boundaries LE has discovered for JS’s travels between the abduction and his arrest. I know there was a search done in Maryland. If he killed Linda, how far away could he have taken her body? Unless JS decides to talk or someone gives a great tip, seems like it could be a long time until she’s found. But why did he keep going back to that Harvest Dr location?

So JS had gotten out of his vehicle & approached LS. And then they walked out of the frame of the surveillance camera. Her family also said there is no way she would have willingly gotten into his car. Makes me sick to my stomach.

More detail below...

More Details On Linda Stoltzfoos’ Disappearance

Last edited:
Ugh. There have been a few murdered and discarded bodies found in Philly recently. So awful, and so upsetting for the people who discovered the bin today.

I wonder what boundaries LE has discovered for JS’s travels between the abduction and his arrest. I know there was a search done in Maryland. If he killed Linda, how far away could he have taken her body? Unless JS decides to talk or someone gives a great tip, seems like it could be a long time until she’s found. But why did he keep going back to that Harvest Dr location?
I wondered the same thing. Imo... Money rock/quarry area. I asked if I was able to help search along with other friends of mine. I was told at this point fbi, law and first responders only. I felt like even if I didn't know her I could at least show there are lots of people who care.

I wondered the same thing. Imo... Money rock/quarry area. I asked if I was able to help search along with other friends of mine. I was told at this point fbi, law and first responders only. I felt like even if I didn't know her I could at least show there are lots of people who care.
That is so thoughtful of you @Divine for offering to help find Linda.

I agree, FBI know way more then we do, but that small pond behind his workplace would be an area of concern.
Its isolated by railroad track, surrounded by trees, and easy access from the rear of his work place. I wish FBI would release his phone pings so volunteers can retrace his path and help look.

That’s great wanting to help. I think they are still ok with people helping by donating water for the searchers and things of that nature.

When I saw that they were only wanting to have trained searchers, it made me think that they must be concerned about evidence being destroyed or mishandled. I guess initially they wanted droves of people covering the various locations hoping to locate Linda quickly. Now it seems like the emphasis has shifted to finding more puzzle pieces to determine what happened and to make a case against the suspect.

A few thoughts/questions that come to mind while catching up on this thread:

JS may not have realized there were so many cameras in this rural, Amish area. A lot has changed in the 12 years he was in prison. He may have thought "rural, no cameras, few people, Amish don't have phones/social media....he could get away with a crime and have time before being noticed/police notified".

JS visiting the business on Harvest Rd twice and looking in windows/checking doors makes me think he may have initially wanted to "plant" evidence inside the building to frame someone who owns it or works there. When he couldn't get in, he buried the stockings and bra behind the property.

How did JS bury the articles of clothing? Did he bring a shovel with him or did he use a shovel from the property? I wonder if police checked for fingerprints/DNA on shovel handles on the property.

The Harvest Rd business owner may have taken pics of the car from the inside of his building. It's possible to zoom in on a car's interior.

Are the railroad tracks behind the Harvest Rd business active? If so, what time did a train go by the area in question? Trains may have cameras.

I read that at 12:42 on June 21 JS's car was caught on camera with a white object on the front passenger side seat. What could that have been?

Welcome to WebSleuths, Divine, and thank you for your kind offer of assistance in the search for Linda. I am sure the offer was appreciated even if the current search teams couldn't take you up on it for logistical reasons. Their concerns may include the risk of untrained searchers inadvertently damaging evidence, or a lay person being traumatized by something they find.

It sounds as though you are local to the Lancaster County area, so by being here talking things over perhaps you can be of assistance in other ways with your local knowledge. While many of us are strictly amateur sleuths, it's not unheard of for law enforcement officials and other professionals to follow cases on this site to see if any helpful ideas pop up. I hope you find your time here well spent and informative, even though the discussion topics are usually grim.

I agree, FBI know way more then we do, but that small pond behind his workplace would be an area of concern.
Its isolated by railroad track, surrounded by trees, and easy access from the rear of his work place. I wish FBI would release his phone pings so volunteers can retrace his path and help look.
Yes, as do I. I at least could be on the look out as I do some hiking in the area.

Welcome to WebSleuths, Divine, and thank you for your kind offer of assistance in the search for Linda. I am sure the offer was appreciated even if the current search teams couldn't take you up on it for logistical reasons. Their concerns may include the risk of untrained searchers inadvertently damaging evidence, or a lay person being traumatized by something they find.

It sounds as though you are local to the Lancaster County area, so by being here talking things over perhaps you can be of assistance in other ways with your local knowledge. While many of us are strictly amateur sleuths, it's not unheard of for law enforcement officials and other professionals to follow cases on this site to see if any helpful ideas pop up. I hope you find your time here well spent and informative, even though the discussion topics are usually grim.
Thank you kindly! I been following this case from the beginning. Seeing her billboard and flyers all over Lancaster county has pulled on heartstrings as It often does when I hear of humans being horrible to each other. I do understand why a untrained person can harm evidence without even knowing so. I've lived here my entire life and know the areas well. First time actually involving myself in a discussion even though I watch everything around me at all times. My heart just goes out to all involved. Feeling helpless at times and I will definitely be trying to find out when the next search is even just to offer food, drinks etc. Hopeful this ends soon and she is found. Either way the healing process can then begin. Love and light to all...

Bouncing off the sexual deviant comments...

Imo: they should ask the gf (didnt i I see mention of a gf) if hes been strange during sex at all. It's interesting if he had been because then he would have wanted an outlet and not his gf though.

Also on adoption and rad and all things fostering.

A child's most impressionable age...age to which they can change, is around 7. Who they are will be who they are. Obviously he didnt have what he needed so he will go against social norms and his feelings and actions will be all over the place.

Rad is interesting, thought our foster had it a while, but realized it's probably odd. ODD could be another thing he has...its so similar to rad in my eyes. He could have had odd as a child hence the trouble he was.

Either way I think hed have trouble with authority in general. He needs to feel the control. He probably didnt feel that in prison.

How he is with his gf if there is one would indicate his feelings on women in general. That's an interesting Avenue to explore into his psyche.

But also.. if there was no trafficking...he had a short window of driving time at least she would be here...somewhere to find. When they open searching to people I want to go. If they made a plea for everyone to search their properties maybe everyone would? In the circle area he could have driven?

If he tries to remove of a body... but not the clothes with it... where could he have done so that no one would find it ever. Water..its gonna turn up....woods..eventually probably turn up. Is there a way he could have burned it and not be noticed or done it fast enough? Is there a place in his circle of driving ability that is more likely.

Speaking of have we made a circle of where he could have driven in his allotted time?

Sorry, this is how my brain works so it all get spit out randomly....

Moo

Good morning world.. Reading our local paper it was stated that both Linda and JS were 3rd cousins. It was also stated that they didn't know each other. I'm assuming this was only because of his adopted parents. (not blood relation IMO) Not that this matters just a little info I didn't know.
That’s interesting, but not totally surprising. Plain people here have genealogy books they call “The Fisher Book” or whatever their name happens to be where all this is recorded. The Amish generally have such large families that third cousins might not know each other even if no one had left the Amish church.

I had an Amish lady in her early 70s who did some work for me. She had 70+ grandchildren and was starting to get great-grandchildren. Her custom was to give each new baby a stuffed animal, and I was happy to supply her with ones my kids had long outgrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214