Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The report states that the dark colored foot stockings were found knotted together, consistent with what Linda’s friend said she saw when she watched Linda depart after church. The report does not say the bra was knotted up with them. The searchers found a bra, and also found a pair of foot stockings knotted together.
Well, like I said in my original post, I was looking at this from a different angle and that's why I took the time to put that post together. I think I'll just respectfully disagree not only with you, but with the other posters that disagree with me. And that's okay, we're all here to toss ideas around. There's no ego or hard feelings in this, we all have a common goal to find Linda. I just feel like the bra/stocking subject is open for interpretation and I obviously interpret it a different way. The other really interesting thing is that the guy took pictures from inside JS's car. Why did he do that? There must have been something alarming there. I don't think most people run around just willy nilly taking pictures of the inside of cars. The license plate...yes, the inside, not usually, unless there's something there.

Well, like I said in my original post, I was looking at this from a different angle and that's why I took the time to put that post together. I think I'll just respectfully disagree not only with you, but with the other posters that disagree with me. And that's okay, we're all here to toss ideas around. There's no ego or hard feelings in this, we all have a common goal to find Linda. I just feel like the bra/stocking subject is open for interpretation and I obviously interpret it a different way. The other really interesting thing is that the guy took pictures from inside JS's car. Why did he do that? There must have been something alarming there. I don't think most people run around just willy nilly taking pictures of the inside of cars. The license plate...yes, the inside, not usually, unless there's something there.
Different angles are always good as one can get hung up on what one thinks happens, but different opinions are welcome.
I honestly have not thought much about HOW the bra/stockings were found, other than that they were found.
I am trying to catch up on that
I do agree about the guy who took pics of the Inside of JS car is strange and would love to discuss more about the "why" he did that?
what made him think to do that ??
I know that we locally, have a FB group and if something, a car, a person, etc look out of place, we let each other know.
that being said, I have taken a few pics of vehicles on the OUTSIDE, License plates, make and model, etc of suspicious vehicles as have my neighbors.
I never once thought to take a photo of INSIDE the car.
so yeah, that makes me curious.

Different angles are always good as one can get hung up on what one thinks happens, but different opinions are welcome.
I honestly have not thought much about HOW the bra/stockings were found, other than that they were found.
I am trying to catch up on that
I do agree about the guy who took pics of the Inside of JS car is strange and would love to discuss more about the "why" he did that?
what made him think to do that ??
I'm not sure why he took the pictures, but someone posted a good possibility.
He may have thought he was going to have his tools stolen, so he took pictures so it would show the car absent of any tools before the possible theft, and that would be proof he stole them if there were tools in it after.

It was said the Pacifica belonged to JS girlfriend but I don't think that was ever established.
As the Pacifica was burning, and before any fire companies arrived, a passer by snapped a picture of the car engulfed, lit just minutes earlier, if you carefully zoom in on that picture and look in the side mirror of that persons car who snapped a picture you will see a red car driving away, there is no way to tell the make and model or if it had a spoiler, but its a small red car. Makes you wonder if he did light the fire and then quickly drive off and it was all captured.

Last edited:
There's a local webslueth member who messaged me. I can't seem to message you back. It was about tall grass. If you're reading this, just know, I'm not local, I'm near Pottstown. Sounds like you are. My advice to you is look for turkey vultures in the area. I know it's gross, but it's a very important indicator.
Actually, the vultures circling is a very important indicator.
I have read this in numerous cases and it is always accurate.

I keep watching the cam but its looking more like flashing lights from the rail workers, I even saw someone walking around with a flashlight, (got my hopes up) but the more I watch, its presumed rail work
Great observation.
If you can keep watching, you just never know.
Thanks for sharing.

I agree-- I feel there is something missing.
Unless he was lying in await for her-- which would be pre-planned.
But WHY???
This is where I've been stuck for a couple days. This has never felt pre-planned to me... but then WHY would he have turned on Beechdale to pull off and wait, if he didn't know she was headed in that direction. Sounds like you are stuck in the same place. Grrrr... Hopefully someone has a logical explanation that we are just missing.

This is where I've been stuck for a couple days. This has never felt pre-planned to me... but then WHY would he have turned on Beechdale to pull off and wait, if he didn't know she was headed in that direction. Sounds like you are stuck in the same place. Grrrr... Hopefully someone has a logical explanation that we are just missing.
I still think he drove past her and looked in his mirror and saw her turn down Beechdale, and that's why he turned down that way after he turned around. I know the timing may have been a few minutes off, but are we sure the timing posted was exact? It's only a few minutes off according to the reported timeline, and I believe that was speculation.

Tuesday, July 21st:
*Preliminary Hearing-POSTPONED! (@ 9am ET) - PA – Linda Stoltzfoos (18) (last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County) – *Justo Roberto Smoker (34) arrested (7/10/20 at work at Dutchland, Inc.), charged & arraigned (7/11/20) with felony 1st degree kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Denied bail. Held without bond.
Case info reference post #965 here:
ACTIVE SEARCH - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

7/11/20 Update: Appeared before Magisterial District Judge B. Denise Commins for a preliminary arraignment. Charged with felony kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Denied bail. Bail Action Reason: Due to the nature of the charges & ongoing investigation into the status of the victim. Next preliminary hearing on 7/21/20.
7/20/20 Update: Preliminary hearing has been postponed. No future date set yet.

If we are going to venture down that road, Turkey Vultures are one of the most visible of the carrion eaters that we use as body indicators. Swarms of flies and opossums also fall into the "animal indicators" group.

I just opened the Strasburg site and clicked on the camera for Leamans Junction, which is near JS house, why are the flashing lights currently there, whats going on or is that normal?

Leaman place junction is where the Strasburg Railroad joins the Amtrak lines. Strasburg is a short line tourist steam railroad that also does some short hauling on its line for additional income. The cam is a live feed. I'm not sure if any of the cams are recorded for insurance purposes.

Depends what color the flashing lights were and where. Rolling stock on a siding may have a flashing amber light on head end and flashing red light on tail end. Flashing blue means workers are doing maintenance on the rolling stock or right of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member