Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why are they waiting? No "official" confirmation as of yet.

So strange, the latest piece of news I can find is from two days ago (I apologize if this is a repeat,) and it is indeed not an official confirmation.

Missing Bensalem woman found dead in park, family says

Police haven’t confirmed the identity of the clothed, skeletal remains a park employee found about 11 a.m. Tuesday as of yet, but a Facebook page dedicated to finding Piccone was changed late last night to “Remembering Lindsey Piccone.”
“It has been confirmed that remains found in Tyler State Park in Newtown, PA are that of 21 year old Lindsey Piccone,” the post states. “Our hearts are heavy and prayers are with her family and friends at this difficult time.”

bbm

The discovery of her vehicle prompted a multi-day search of the park in early September as park rangers, first responders and family members scoured the woods and fields for three days.

Three canine search and rescue teams fanned out across the park while helicopters from the Philadelphia Police Department, using heat signature radar, searched from above for the missing woman.

Subsequent searches of the park by first responders were organized by the Bensalem Police Department in October.

http://www.buckslocalnews.com/artic...5818f6b852adb753082295.txt?viewmode=fullstory

I'm not looking to BLAME anyone or team or group.

I am attempting to determine why LP was not detected in an open field that Tuesday (9/6) and Wednesday (9/7).

This applies to other cases in which the "body was discovered in a previously searched area."

50+ personnel available for search.

1 helicopter (Philly PD) equipped with FLIR.
attachment.php

https://www.phillypolice.com/assets/directives/D4.9-AviationUnit.pdf

3 canine SAR teams.

Tyler State Park is large (land and water).

LP was recovered from an *open field*.

The open field (~100' wide x ~400' long) consists of tall grass (2' - 3' at the time), no trees, is easily accessed from a commonly-used path and is located within ~800' from where LP's vehicle was discovered.

attachment.php

An oversimplification, focused on locating a person, not searching for immediate small-item evidence at this point:

Map an arched-grid, concentric-circles layout from the vehicle, out to 1/2 mile (when complete, expand the circles).

Include areas that are easily accessed and quickly searched so that you may check them off the list early.

No water features in that field, no apparent hazards, relatively flat land on a ~5º to 10º incline... that field qualifies for as a first-search area.

A fingertip-to-fingertip span of 8 or 10 people across, walk up on one half-width, then down for the other half-width, approximately 400' length.

How much time would that take, 15-20 minutes (searching for person)?

No heat signatures detected by FLIR (forward-looking infrared on the chopper) and no visuals detected in the open field (assuming the open area was included in the aerial pattern).

No scent detected at the field (I read at least one article that quoted an official as "the K-9 probably was unable to detect a scent because of the high grass"). If that is the case, I suspect it is not a new discovery that vegetation might affect scent detection... so WALK the field!

The other possibility: LP was not in yet in that field Tuesday and Wednesday.

Attachments

• N95PD.jpg
    N95PD.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 550
  • piccone - discovery location - 03.jpg
    piccone - discovery location - 03.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 553
please know it was her. Please respect the family & loved ones by not continuing your theories. She is no longer in the mental pain as she was before. We know it is here but there are certain tests and protocols you need to follow before releasing such information. It is a similar circumstance as the evidence being held by the police. the official announcement will be made soon.

I only came on here because of an email alert I received. Rest assured I will not return again especially since I can see the wild rumors and theories will never end.

let her be at peace.

bbm

please know it was her. Please respect the family & loved ones by not continuing your theories. She is no longer in the mental pain as she was before. We know it is here but there are certain tests and protocols you need to follow before releasing such information. It is a similar circumstance as the evidence being held by the police. the official announcement will be made soon.

I only came on here because of an email alert I received. Rest assured I will not return again especially since I can see the wild rumors and theories will never end.

let her be at peace.

That is not in dispute.

LP has been recovered, this case essentially is over (as far as Websleuths) but it is a given that more people will go missing and searches will be performed. My hope is, as I suspect it is for others, that all 'failed' search experiences from relevant cases be reviewed to determine what may be improved.

This case, in addition to other cases are perfect examples for argument as to why searches might need a re-approach.

It is important for future cases.

I am sorry for your loss.

Found Deceased - PA - Lindsey Marie Piccone, 21, Bucks County, 6 Sep 2016

Found Deceased on Day 57 - Lindsey Marie Piccone - W/F/21

Obituary ::: Services This Thursday Morning, November 10th

http://www.obittree.com/obituary/us...mlinson-funeral-home/lindsey-piccone/2764279/
&
http://www.tomlinsonfh.com/book-of-memories/2764279/piccone-lindsey/service-details.php
&
http://www.tomlinsonfh.com/book-of-memories/2764279/piccone-lindsey/view-condolences.php:

Several Pages of Condolences

Our Thanks To Those Who Provided
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

bbm

http://www.buckslocalnews.com/artic...5818f6b852adb753082295.txt?viewmode=fullstory

I'm not looking to BLAME anyone or team or group.

I am attempting to determine why LP was not detected in an open field that Tuesday (9/6) and Wednesday (9/7).

This applies to other cases in which the "body was discovered in a previously searched area."

50+ personnel available for search.

1 helicopter (Philly PD) equipped with FLIR.
attachment.php

https://www.phillypolice.com/assets/directives/D4.9-AviationUnit.pdf

3 canine SAR teams.

Tyler State Park is large (land and water).

LP was recovered from an *open field*.

The open field (~100' wide x ~400' long) consists of tall grass (2' - 3' at the time), no trees, is easily accessed from a commonly-used path and is located within ~800' from where LP's vehicle was discovered.

attachment.php

An oversimplification, focused on locating a person, not searching for immediate small-item evidence at this point:

Map an arched-grid, concentric-circles layout from the vehicle, out to 1/2 mile (when complete, expand the circles).

Include areas that are easily accessed and quickly searched so that you may check them off the list early.

No water features in that field, no apparent hazards, relatively flat land on a ~5º to 10º incline... that field qualifies for as a first-search area.

A fingertip-to-fingertip span of 8 or 10 people across, walk up on one half-width, then down for the other half-width, approximately 400' length.

How much time would that take, 15-20 minutes (searching for person)?

No heat signatures detected by FLIR (forward-looking infrared on the chopper) and no visuals detected in the open field (assuming the open area was included in the aerial pattern).

No scent detected at the field (I read at least one article that quoted an official as "the K-9 probably was unable to detect a scent because of the high grass"). If that is the case, I suspect it is not a new discovery that vegetation might affect scent detection... so WALK the field!

The other possibility: LP was not in yet in that field Tuesday and Wednesday.

Don't worry, they aren't going to change a single thing they do when it comes to searching. Apparently not only do they not learn from their mistakes, but they also don't share their mistakes with other search crews. Nobody adds to the manuals and nobody revises them. Therefore, the mistakes are never recognized or corrected, and continue to be made over and over again.

You can expect something very similar to this to happen again in the next month or two. Different circumstances----exact same results.

Does anyone know how she died? Was it pills, or did she slit her wrists? This is very sad. She was beautiful.

I live near the park and I walked there. She was so close to the path. I can't understand why she wasn't discovered sooner in all honesty. I should have brought my dog up there. He has a nose that is good enough for the police department to hire him. There is a path that cuts through where she was found. She was a few feet from Dairy Hill path. The path winds around so if you are on the other side, it's 75 feet from where she was found. But if you crossed the water bridge, made a right until it dead ends, she is directly in front of you in that field to the left corner. I am trying to visualize why she picked that spot. It's just an open field. The grass was shorter at the time she went missing, so I don't understand why they didn't look there. odd.

I do not know the details of how she passed but just wanted to comment. I am at this park at least once a week and was there today after a few week's absence (I'm a runner sprained ankle early October). I saw exactly where she was found as there are flowers and a ballon there. I was utterly shocked they could not find her. Of course the outcome would be the same but the family could have had peace sooner. But when I saw the spot, I've easily passed it 3-4 times since she was missing. And it's a common hiking area too as there is a path probably about 30-40 feet from where her body was. I just can't understand it. Wish I knew how to post a picture I took of the spot.

attachment.php

In this photo, I am actually standing on the path - that is how close it is. I'm going to lay down flowers this weekend. She was a beautiful girl. So sad she had to take such desperate measures.

Attachments

• 922.jpg
    922.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 290
Here is a picture from 2 weeks ago. She was only a few feet from the Dairy Hill Path (if you come from the little bridge that crosses the water-Neshimy Creek) I can't believe she was not found sooner.

Abbey - on the Quick Reply toolbaf, just click on the 3rd square from the right. It has a tree on it. And upload from your computer. I am shocked too that she wasn't discovered sooner. The smell alone should have been an indicator.

WE LOST LINDSEY BECAUSE OF CYBER BULLYING.....
Here is her story. Lindsey was a beautiful 21 year old girl who loved life and lived it to the fullest. She always tried to please the people she loved and couldn't bear to see anyone disappointed. On Tuesday September 6, 2016 I came home in the evening to find a note on Lindsey's bed. She explained that she was being threatened by someone on snapchat going by the screen name "liveitup" the night before. We believe she was overwhelmed by this threat.
Her car was found shortly after at Tyler State Park. Lindsey was then a missing person for the two most grueling months anyone could ever imagine. She was found on November 1st deceased from suicide. We were all shocked and devastated after holding out hope that maybe she had just run away.
Her case is closed and despite a few leads, we were never able to identify the person who sent the threats. We have not given up on finding out who that person is. We want and need them to know how they have devastated and forever altered our lives. We need to know they understand how they have left people broken beyond repair. We need the world to understand what effect words can have on another person. While there has been much speculation about why Lindsey did what she did, the only motivation we KNOW for sure is what was in that note... That someone threatened her on snapchat and she couldn't bear it anymore. PLEASE SHARE HER STORY TO HELP RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF CYBER BULLYING.

cheriewhite.wordpress.com

#suicideawareness 1-800-273-8255

Her mom posted this last night.

:tears: Oh that's so terribly sad! My heart goes out to Lindsey and her family. I hope they find out who did this to her.

So very sad. People can be so cruel without reason and without thought of consequences.

I hope the bully is found and brought to justice.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Dairy Queen manager is arrested after 'bullying worker, 17, until he killed himself'

A Missouri jury ruled that a Dairy Queen manager be charged with involuntary manslaughter for her role in the suicide of a 17-year-old employee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-charges-teenagers-suicide.html#ixzz4Xv5mdFnX

Another heartbreaking suicide due to bullying. Bullying is taken very seriously nowadays, as it should. I hope Lindsey's family finds the guy and brings him to justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back