Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did not have a hand in this search even though it was almost in my back yard, however I will make some comments:

1. In PA, SAR teams do NOT get any funding from the State like Fire Departments do. They buy equipment out of their own pockets.
2. In PA, SAR team members do NOT get any paid training like Fire Fighters do. They pay for all their training.
3. SAR team members only search areas assigned to their team by the Incident Commander. That could be anyone from the local Police Chief, Fire Chief or Park Manager. Very few LE and Fire Officers have been certified as Search Managers by the PA Fire Academy, yet in most cases they do not relinquish their command status to a trained SAR Manager.
4. 99% of SAR team members do their utmost to find missing people, they give of their free time including taking vacation from work or losing pay to perform this service.
5. In PA there is quite a bit of organizational rivalry, and why SAR teams tend to be overshadowed or misused by Incident Commanders.
6. In PA there are still quite a few "podunk" Fire and Police Departments.
7. Many SAR team members suffer "critical incident stress" when they do not locate the missing person, or later when that person is found near an area they were assigned. They miss time from work and in some cases need counseling.
8. SAR teams pay astronomical insurance coverage out of their own pockets...no state aid at all.

Holding individual searchers accountable when you take the above into consideration is pure BS. Unless you go out and get the training and volunteer to do SAR work, you are talking smack about something you have little to no knowledge of. I did not go on this case as there were at least three teams I am aware of involved and the "water gets too muddy".

After speaking with a insider a few days ago... there were issues at play that were not being stated because LE didn't want it to be. This is why I stopped posting, out of respect. Had we known this information our theories wouldn't have been so "outlandish". I would say the most Outlandish statements came from LE refusing publics help by stating they were certain they had fully searched a 1700 acre park and did not need publics help . She was close to the creek they stated the dogs kept going towards...so I wonder if they had the divers search there instead Of more heavily focusing on the other side of the creek because I'm really not sure what I would think if the dogs search took me to a creek..

That all being said none of this matters now and in these cases there's no reason for anyone to blame anyone....we all had the right intentions. I will use this as a reminder to treat people the best I can each day because I never know what battle someone is silently fighting internally...I'll use this to listen better and more closely to others and as always look for the broken people who need healing. RIP Lindsey this world was lucky to have you. May the family and all those affected find some peace in this some how, and may we all learn to treat those around us the best we can even if we can't know or prevent something like this. I'm so sorry she was found this way, we all wanted her to be okay, but at least the healing process can finally begin.

RIP Lindsey <3 I'm so sorry it ended this way. :tears::tears:

We had a LOT of very hot days since she went missing. I don't understand how all of those searchers and park-goers did not find (smell) her!

After speaking with a insider a few days ago... there were issues at play that were not being stated because LE didn't want it to be. This is why I stopped posting, out of respect. Had we known this information our theories wouldn't have been so "outlandish". I would say the most Outlandish statements came from LE refusing publics help by stating they were certain they had fully searched a 1700 acre park and did not need publics help . She was close to the creek they stated the dogs kept going towards...so I wonder if they had the divers search there instead Of more heavily focusing on the other side of the creek because I'm really not sure what I would think if the dogs search took me to a creek..

That all being said none of this matters now and in these cases there's no reason for anyone to blame anyone....we all had the right intentions. I will use this as a reminder to treat people the best I can each day because I never know what battle someone is silently fighting internally...I'll use this to listen better and more closely to others and as always look for the broken people who need healing. RIP Lindsey this world was lucky to have you. May the family and all those affected find some peace in this some how, and may we all learn to treat those around us the best we can even if we can't know or prevent something like this. I'm so sorry she was found this way, we all wanted her to be okay, but at least the healing process can finally begin.

BBM: What in the world does this mean?

1) Who has responsibility for Search and Rescue (SAR) operations on DCNR State Park or State Forest lands?

DCNR Bureau of Forestry or Bureau of State Parks is responsible for conducting all SAR operations on State Forest or State Park land. The Department may occasionally delegate some responsibilities to cooperating agencies/organizations but DCNR is ultimately responsible for SAR.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cs/groups/public/documents/document/dcnr_009694.pdf

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/recreation/searchandrescue/index.htm

I wouldn't further pursue that line of inquiry... "out of respect." The answer includes information relevant only for family.

Are you asking about the initials Bolded By Me(BBM) or the actual text bolded?

Thinking the actual text. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just means personal details to the case aren't always released if they aren't seen as absolutely relevant, or if they could interrupt an investigation.

Shes found now. My only point was that we had little to go off of so very little is "outlandish". Nothing further there.

RIP Lindsey.

Does anyone know how to post this as solved or to post Lindsey as found. I looked for somewhere to report it but didn't see anywhere.

So many weird unanswered questions for the general public (based on purposefully vague comments here). RIP Lindsey. I'm sorry you felt you had nowhere to turn.

KB answered all of the questions on here. I just meant that by talking to an insider I realized that LE guides these cases, For instance, if LE doesnt want the fact there was a note released to the public its because they don't think its necessary to help us find her. If all it states is a goodbye, then its intimate and belongs with the family. The only reason it would be released, is to help keep the case active and to spark interest. but releasing that then instigates questions from the public that could hurt the families feelings. I am sorry if you feel i was being vague intentionally. However, the fact there was a note was JUST released not too long ago, and I think it changed a lot of our theories from an abduction theory to something she did on her own will.

TTF I think the most important fact about this case that NOONE knew including family is that its very likely she had depression or something else going on that would cause her to fight against her own self will to live, which self preservation for humans is normally the leading drive. Noone ever fully knows why someone commits suicide (assuming thats what happened) . There are homeless people out there with no family who are frankly, quite happy. I don't think theres ever going to be, a "reason" for suicide, and truly noone would know if she was on any medicines to help with depression that she got off of because shes over 18, so that information will likely never come out. She was beautiful, kind, had a loving family, a good job, good friends, and a new car.. and no known drug use and no current significant others. Just tells you, you never know what someone is going through.

The location of the car and other details, come out when LE states it should come out. The fact they had her wallet comes out when LE says it does. So when I was saying the family was being suspicious by not releasing information, that wasn't really fair to the family and it could hurt those who knew Lindsey. This was not guided by the family this was guided by LE. Thats all I meant.

I was responding to the "outlandish" comment, but at this point believe our main goal should be to accept the outcome of this case and not blame SAR, LE, Web Sleuthers, or most importantly family/ friends (not that anyone is)...This family needs to be allowed privacy and time to heal. In their minds Lindsey was alive. They truly didn't seem to think she had done this- because as far as I know or anyone knows the only clue she had was the note. I wish they had a go fund me page or anything to donate to to help with any cost during this time- but I haven't seen one. I won't be responding anymore on here, because I don't want to see the murder/suicide theories. I just want to believe shes resting peacefully now wherever she is.

KB answered all of the questions on here. I just meant that by talking to an insider I realized that LE guides these cases, For instance, if LE doesnt want the fact there was a note released to the public its because they don't think its necessary to help us find her. If all it states is a goodbye, then its intimate and belongs with the family. The only reason it would be released, is to help keep the case active and to spark interest. but releasing that then instigates questions from the public that could hurt the families feelings. I am sorry if you feel i was being vague intentionally. However, the fact there was a note was JUST released not too long ago, and I think it changed a lot of our theories from an abduction theory to something she did on her own will.

TTF I think the most important fact about this case that NOONE knew including family is that its very likely she had depression or something else going on that would cause her to fight against her own self will to live, which self preservation for humans is normally the leading drive. I mean noone ever fully knows why someone commits suicide (assuming thats what happened) . I mean there are homeless people out there with no family who are frankly, quite happy. I don't think theres ever going to be, a "reason" for suicide, and truly noone would know if she was on any medicines to help with depression that she got off of because shes over 18, so that information will likely never come out. She was beautiful, kind, had a loving family, a good job, good friends, and a new car.. and no current significant others. Just tells you, you never know what someone is going through.
Very well said and if all you meant by your earlier comment was that they did not initially release the presence of a note, I apologize for my comment.

With that said I really fail to see why that was not released. She could have been found so much sooner if they'd conveyed the message she was likely in the park.

Do we still need to do more work around the stigma of mental illness/instability? I feel bad for her if her note was brushed off.

I believe family wanted to release that information, but they also don't release information until LE determines its okay to --and not so much HA as I initially thought ( she was not involved with the investigation against my earlier theories) I don't think they were ashamed of her note, and I don't think they were ignoring her note. I think if you give out all your details the first week, then it hits the news, people get bored, and move on within a short span of time. So they release the details slowly to re-spark the publics interest. I think they also wanted to verify that she did write the note and not someone else.. all I know is this information is all released when LE says its safe to.

I also apologize, its hard to not look for someone to be defensive/ or look for blame in these cases. It hurts everyone when they turn out this way.

I believe family wanted to release that information, but they also don't release information until LE determines its okay to --and not so much HA as I initially thought ( she was not involved with the investigation against my earlier theories) I don't think they were ashamed of her note, and I don't think they were ignoring her note. I think if you give out all your details the first week, then it hits the news, people get bored, and move on within a short span of time. So they release the details slowly to re-spark the publics interest. I think they also wanted to verify that she did write the note and not someone else.. all I know is this information is all released when LE says its safe to.

I also apologize, its hard to not look for someone to be defensive/ or look for blame in these cases. It hurts everyone when they turn out this way.
I guess I'd just like to believe that there would be a huge compassionate effort to find her if it was a likely suicide from the beginning. Maybe that's delusional &#128577;. I'm sure LE knows more from experience and training than I'll ever know.

We had a LOT of very hot days since she went missing. I don't understand how all of those searchers and park-goers did not find (smell) her!

She was in tall grass that is most likely not mowed as it is natural fodder, cover and bedding for wildlife. The smell of a decomposing body to human scent receptors is the same for a human as it is for a deer.

By the time search operations were mounted, any "push down" from her walking into the tall grass would have been lost, or at least not been very noticeable. We are not privy to information indicating if the Incident Commander assigned a team to that area or not and the reasons.

Does anyone know how to post this as solved or to post Lindsey as found. I looked for somewhere to report it but didn't see anywhere.

There is a red triangle in the bottom left corner of your post. Click on it and it will send a note to a mod who will move the thread. But I guess it hasn't been done yet because an official confirmation that the body is indeed Lindsey has not been given yet?

Lindsey's mind is at rest, her body at peace, and her spirit is with us.

Despite some tension, some theories I didn't agree with, and some wrongfully pointed fingers I truly believe you were a community trying to help the best way you could. Thank you all for your time, effort, and thoughts of this case. We are all coping with this tremendous loss of a beautiful woman. But as Lindsey would say: "we gotta stay positive, always".

Thank you all. Kb out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back