1) Looking North:
attachment.php

2) Looking West:
attachment.php

3) Again, Looking North:

http://listsofjohn.com/mapf?lat=40.23267&lon=-74.97611&d=y&t=t&z=13:

Zoom In >> At the Upper Right Corner, Click on "MS Sat", and "My Topo"

Sleuthers:

Found-Remains Location appears to be about Sixty Feet (20 Meters) above the Trail?
&
Found-Remains Location appears to be about 2,600 Feet (800 Meters) [0.5 Miles] {900 Yards} from the Car?

GPS of Found-Remains:

N 40.2329° :: W -074.9756°
N 40° 13.974' :: W -074° 58.536'
N 40° 13' 58.44'' :: W -074° 58' 32.16''
UTM :: 18T 502075E -- 4453607N

Rest In Peace, Lindsey.

I guess now we wait to hear what those that previous said the park was searched and cleared.

I do hope they will offer an apology to the family of Lindsey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It is an enormous task to find someone who has hidden themselves and don't want to be found. I am grateful for any attempts made to find someone who is missing

It is an enormous task to find someone who has hidden themselves and don't want to be found. I am grateful for any attempts made to find someone who is missing
I understand.

I believe pages back and way too tired to continue looking that the park was given the all clear that she wasn't there.
That would give the family hope and almost 2 months later to find out she was indeed there after all.

I do hope to look back and find the wording being we don't "believe" she is here.

ETA I tried looking again and I saw something about not continuing with the daily searches (I think) and possibly waiting until the leaves thinned out.
Seriously done done until I get sleep.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am so glad Lindsey was found. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that she'd be found in the park. I can't count the number of cases where a deceased missing person was found in a previously cleared area, but I'd say it's at least 50% of the time.

I think the conspiracy theories on this thread got a bit outlandish and I'm grateful Lindsey was found before her family and friends had to see or hear any more foolishness.

Do we have already a confirmation that it is her found?

Up to now, i only find reports with a careful statement like "believed to be her"

BENSALEM, Pa. (WPVI) --

Human remains found in a Bucks County park on Tuesday are believed to be those of a woman who has been missing for nearly two months
http://6abc.com/news/remains-believed-to-be-of-missing-bucks-co-woman-found/1583903/

's link includes that the family has confirmed.
So very sad. RIP Lindsey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so glad Lindsey was found. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that she'd be found in the park. I can't count the number of cases where a deceased missing person was found in a previously cleared area, but I'd say it's at least 50% of the time.

I think the conspiracy theories on this thread got a bit outlandish and I'm grateful Lindsey was found before her family and friends had to see or hear any more foolishness.
You're right, of course, but that is not what this place is about. I mean, if she's in the obvious place and the authorities are telling the public they don't need help searching, then there's nothing to do or discuss here, so this community naturally gravitates towards "what if" it's not the obvious answer as a point of discussion. I think that most people understand that it's still likely that the obvious answer is the right one even if they are discussing the less likely scenarios.

The case that brought me here was Sarah Majoras, who was a friend of a friend. She was drunk and walking home by a canal late at night in the winter and fell in and froze/drowned. LE started searching the canal the first day she went missing, and she was found a couple weeks later in the canal just a couple hundred yards downstream from where they originally started searching. In the meantime, there was all kinds of wild speculation on here about serial killers and other stuff even though most people understood she most likely just fell in, but I think that's natural because if everyone says that they believe she just fell in and eventually LE will find her where they are looking, then there's nothing to discuss and people come here to discuss things, LOL. In the rare cases where the obvious isn't the answer, the early speculation on here can turn into useful information.

One possibility is LP was not in that field until after K-9 and / or other searches.

Possible, but is it likely?

This thought crossed my mind as well - while it seems really cut and dry that she was unhappy and ended her life, I hope they don't just shut it without making sure the whole story and timeline is understood. The amount of time she has been there is troubling mainly because it can make a cause of death hard to determine if it isn't obvious. My heart breaks for her family if it is a situation where it ends up undetermined. People commit suicide in the weirdest places, but with that gigantic park, I am trying to empathize with a troubled mind walking into that particular field so close to a major walkway, laying down and then what? It is a tough one to ponder. Was she found face up or down? Did the responding officers even process the scene that way? Questions like that...

She was off the most common, popular trail in the park. That park is huge, but the area is the area that everyone uses and walks daily. You park, you walk over the bridge and make a right. It's NOT even a remote location in the park. She just walked right into the grass. I've walked that trail hundreds of times. It's one of the most logical places to search. I'm not monday morning quarterbacking but a professional SAR with an organized grid seach would have found her in no time. I'm so upset that she was there for almost 2 months.

Thinking back about what I discovered via the internets... LP a few years ago posted a comment on a photo of herself smiling. She commented she didn't know why she smiled despite being "so broken inside".

Apparently, something had been going on and for far too long. It seems no one noticed or bothered to ask or LP simply never opened up to anyone beyond posting that cryptic phrase. That's what makes this, and other such cases, so tragic. People are afraid to reveal themselves and appear unable to seek help. Likely because they don't know it's even happening until in some cases it's too late to turn back.

There is no way of knowing that if searchers had discovered LP the same Tuesday she went 'missing' if she'd still be alive today... and that bothers me. It bothers me to no end.

21 years old.

This Sh@@t happens way too much...........and nobody ever bothers to explain it when it does. I think they need to take all of their current "Search and rescue" manuals and throw them in the garbage can. Start over, use information you've learned from the past, revise the way grid searches are conducted, revise the training procedures, and for god's sake let more people aid in the searches if they are willing. This park was closed and searched numerous times by LE and SAR. There's something wrong with their search techniques.......

We can save the usefulness of tracking dogs, cadaver dogs, their trainers and handlers for another time...................
For what it's worth I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I applaud the dedicated efforts of SAR peeps 100%. Their hearts are straight, it's the methods that need work. Font even get me started on methods to locate lost toddlers...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok. I am behind because my life kept me off here for a day. I need to mini vent to my fellow WSers.

The statement made by a parks employee gave me acid reflux. He said that they had a feeling that when they mowed the grasses for Dec 7 deer season that they might find her.

WHAT THE EFFING EFF???? I would think it would have cost far less to systematically mow the Dog Damned grass then to mount all of the expensive SAR responses. I'm so befuddled and pissed off. And if you look at the pix, only a small area of that field was mowed before she was located!!!!!!!!! She wasn't even that far in.

Thanks for allowing my vent.

I am as well. SAR are wonderful souls. Their methods need retooling and refreshing. NOT their fault. It's the manual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe
Back