Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd like to hear more about that beach trip Lindsey took with her friends the weekend prior to her disappearance. According to some accounts (was it on this board?) they'd been consuming alcohol. She returned from the beach trip and disappeared shortly afterward.

During the weekend at the beach did she and her friends -- or, more likely, one particular acquaintance/friend -- strategize and, then, finalize Lindsay's plan to disappear? I have to go back and read more on this topic to see if there's any more information about that weekend at the shore and the people who accompanied her there. That info. is important, to say the least.

Also, while they were at the shore, were they drinking? After re-reading this thread in an attempt to find posts that suggested Lindsey was drinking the weekend before she disappeared, I have turned up nothing. However, I did see a post somewhere that affirmed it, I think.

If Lindsey had been drinking prior to her vanishing, I'd like to offer the following, based on my own personal history.

I clearly remember being age 18 and drinking for the first time during senior week at the shore. I was with friends and threw caution to the wind. However, I also vividly recall the way I felt the following day, upon my return (with friends) home. The feeling is as real to me now as it was then - a deep, dark well of desperation inside me that had no end. I remember being devastated about something so insignificant now, but that at the time seemed critically important. A boy I'd met during that weekend had neglected to contact me for my phone number. I knew I'd never see him again. I remember thinking about ways in which I could "end it all," and contemplated walking down to the ocean and disappearing into the surf - forever. On the ride home I cried inconsolably - for the entire 80 minutes. The song playing on the radio during that ride was "Alone Again - Naturally," by Gilbert O'Sullivan.

My point in bringing this up is to highlight the mood lability that can occur with alcohol consumption, particularly in young people whose moods may already be unstable just by virtue of their age, hormonal influences, stressors, etc. etc. In my case, the first stirrings of what turned out to be a life-long battle with depression became apparent at age 17, with the second "marker" occurring during the end of my senior- week trip (as told above).

In my case, I was naive to alcohol's effects as it was my first real time drinking; even so, I believe alcohol exacerbated my type of depression and, to this day, I don't drink because of its negative aftermath.

The reason for my raising this topic is obvious. Perhaps Lindsey had a severe episode of depression brought on by a weekend of partying. Of course this is a "stretch," so to speak, but a plausible scenario none the less, particularly if she had experienced depression in the past. Alcohol, after all, is a depressant. And a rather potent one at that. The effects aren't always at their worst when the alcohol is being enjoyed. It often inflicts its physical - as well as its emotional - damage the next day, as I suspect most would agree. With this thought in mind, suicide would not be outside the realm of possibility as difficult as it is to contemplate such a theory.

*crickets*

LP might be as close as Tyler State Park, or as far away as Mozambique.

__where where where__

Unless there is another information reveal from the family or LE I fear this case might remain stagnant, and even if there is a reveal the information might not lead to public-workable clues.

Interesting... I've not heard nor read anything regarding LP's vehicle / house keys.

Did LP leave her keys with her vehicle or did she take them on her venture outside the vehicle?

What items were discovered in LP's vehicle's cabin and trunk?

We know something was found if we assume bags on LP's vehicle's trunk deck (as displayed in photos of LP's vehicle) contained items discovered / removed from the vehicle.

Why is the discovered item list a secret?

Does LE yet suspect foul play?

This story doesn't seem to have any connection to Lindsey in any way, but I wanted to say that I have a subscription to BCCT, so if anyone needs anything clarified that's behind the pay wall, PM me. I don't follow this site regularly, but if you PM, a notification comes to my email. I'll paste the story 10% at a time. LOL.

Sad, but it's what I expected. RIP, Lindsey :(. I hope searchers can learn something from this case. She was good at hiding herself, it seems :(.

Oh no. :(
I was holding out hope she was in hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew she was in that park and someone was going to find her. There was no way they searched that entire park in that short amount of time, and there was in independant SAR's that came in.

Thoughts to her friends and family. This has to be devastating for them.

I heard they found her, during my long ride home from up near Tyler State Park.

Rest in Peace. Sad outcome.

Oh no. Not the answer anyone wanted. Rest in peace dear girl.

She's in the park. They'll find her..........eventually.

Be prepared for our favorite catch phrase, "She was found in an area previously searched".

This Sh@@t happens way too much...........and nobody ever bothers to explain it when it does. I think they need to take all of their current "Search and rescue" manuals and throw them in the garbage can. Start over, use information you've learned from the past, revise the way grid searches are conducted, revise the training procedures, and for god's sake let more people aid in the searches if they are willing. This park was closed and searched numerous times by LE and SAR. There's something wrong with their search techniques.......

We can save the usefulness of tracking dogs, cadaver dogs, their trainers and handlers for another time...................

Human Remains Found In Newtown's Tyler State Park

A body has been found in Tyler State Park, according to park officials, and reports say police believe the body is that of 21-year-old Lindsey Piccone.

According to Fox 29, Bensalem Police said they believe the body found Tuesday is Piccone, who went missing in September.

Police said "skeletal remains" were located by a park staffer who was clearing vegetation, the outlet reports.
http://patch.com/pennsylvania/newtown-pa/human-remains-found-tyler-state-park

REMAINS BELIEVED TO BE OF MISSING BUCKS CO. WOMAN FOUND

Lindsey.jpg
Human remains found in a Bucks County park on Tuesday are believed to be those of a woman who has been missing for nearly two months.

The remains were found in Tyler State Park by a staff member who was clearing vegetation, investigators said.

Police believe they are of 21-year-old Lindsey Piccone of Bensalem, who was last seen on September 6.

Bensalem police say the Pa. State Police and the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources are on the scene to investigate.

There was no word on a possible cause of death.
http://6abc.com/news/remains-believed-to-be-of-missing-bucks-co-woman-found/1583903/

Police: Body found in Tyler State Park believed to be missing Bensalem woman

Body Located.jpg
Police rope off the scene Nov.1, 2016

Authorities believe the body to be that of Lindsey Marie Piccone, 21, who has been missing for almost two months, said Bensalem Director of Public Safety Fred Harran. Authorities still are investigating.

Harran did not say why authorities believe the body is Piccone's or reveal the cause of death.

However, Tyler State Park Manager Brian Flores said late Tuesday that one of his employees found the remains while doing an annual high grass mowing about 75 yards off Dairy Hill Trail near the rear of the park in Northampton.

He would not say if any weapons were found near the body, but did say the body was clothed when it would found at about 10:30 a.m.

"That grass was about 5 feet tall during the summer and we normally mow it at this time of the year. He saw what he thought was a body and went over to look. He called me," Flores said.

Flores said the area where the body was found had been searched, but due to the high grass, the K-9s likely could not get a scent.

"Our deer hunt is Dec. 7, and we had a feeling something might come up once we cut the grass. The state police are working the case and we do not know if it is Lindsey yet," he said.

Piccone went missing Sept. 6 and her car was found that night in the 1,711-acre park. Rangers then closed the park for several days so numerous agencies — including state police, local police, fire departments and ambulance squads, and a Philadelphia police helicopter with infrared surveying technology — could search for her. They found nothing.

Authorities closed the park, which also falls in Newtown Township and Wrightstown, again on Oct. 20 for a second search, and again found nothing.

http://www.theintell.com/news/local...cle_30f98694-864c-596f-891a-a074461cc855.html

Very sad.
I am thankful she did leave a note. I hate that this seemed to be her only choice and it was time to act. She did not want to be stopped.
RIP Lindsey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024