Found Deceased PA - Matthew James Branning & co-worker, Michael Allen Stark (arrested), Perkasie Boro, 15 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Matthew's NamUs page is down at the moment. I wonder if his body has been found and identified.

Probably just a coincidence, but a UID profile was also removed earlier today and I wonder if that could be him:

UP93634
ME/C Case 21-15028
DBF 11.02.2021
Age From 50 Years
Age To 70 Years
City Reisterstown
County Baltimore
State Maryland
Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Last edited:
FYI, The trial began today with jury selection.
I'm in contact with one of his family members and she said her sister was going to testify this afternoon apparently. I'm assuming if a jury can be seated today..

Apparently the body found in Maryland has been positively identified as Matt.
haven’t found any other information besides this.
When Bucks County authorities charged a Montgomery County man last year with the 2021 murder of his co-worker at a Silverdale parts manufacturer, they had evidence, but not a body.

The next month, though, dental records confirmed an unidentified man found in Maryland in December 2021, was Sellersville resident Matthew Branning, 50, who was reported missing in October.

DOYLESTOWN, PA — A man was sentenced to life in prison on Monday, Sept. 9 after being convicted of the kidnapping, robbing and killing of Matthew James Branning, a Sellersville man who went missing in October 2021 after leaving his job in Silverdale Borough.

Michael Allen Stark, 50, of Royersford, was found guilty by a Bucks County jury of first-degree murder, second-degree murder, robbery, kidnapping, theft by unlawful taking, flight to avoid apprehension, and abuse of a corpse.

The verdict was reached quickly and came on the fifth day of the trial where Bucks County prosecutors presented testimony and evidence that showed Stark killed Branning, his co-worker at Enchlor Inc., in Silverdale.

Man Sentenced To Life For Kidnapping, Killing Bucks County Man

I'm so glad to see this outcome, finally. Granted, this case hasn't been going on as long as some of the cases we all know/follow that are still hung up in the courts, but I'm glad his family received some sense of justice for their loss. I don't understand this crime - MAS was the last person seen with the missing man (Matthew); what did MAS expect would be the outcome when he nor his colleague returned to work? And how much money could he have possibly gotten at the time? Wasn't it an ATM withdrawal? My debit card maxes out at $500 or $600, depending on the ATM. That is not enough money to risk life in jail in my opinion.

Matt was a friend of mine and he has been missed by a lot of friends and family. To most people he probably just another statistic, but unless you knew him you never knew how good of a person he actually was.

After a five day trial, it took a Bucks County jury a half-hour to convict a Montgomery County man in the 2021 murder of his coworker. What happened.
Former coworker guilty on all charges in 2021 disappearance, murder of Sellersville man

Matt was a friend of mine and he has been missed by a lot of friends and family. To most people he probably just another statistic, but unless you knew him you never knew how good of a person he actually was.

After a five day trial, it took a Bucks County jury a half-hour to convict a Montgomery County man in the 2021 murder of his coworker. What happened.
Former coworker guilty on all charges in 2021 disappearance, murder of Sellersville man
He’s not just another statistic to us.

I’m originally from Lancaster County, PA so this story touched me right from the start. I could tell that Matt was a good, honest, hard working man, and that he had the unfortunate circumstance of working with a devious, corrupt lowlife. I so hoped and prayed for a different outcome. I’m so sorry for your loss.

While I’m glad this monster is behind bars forever, where he belongs, I know it will never bring Matt back and for that, I’m sorry. Just remember this earthly life is short and you will see Matt again in a better place, where there will be no monsters or pain.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back