PA PA - Melissa Rodriguez, 30, Collingdale, 19 April 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just came across this thread again and this really does make me sick..Someone knows something about where this missing mother is and part of me feel the Collingdale Police have sort of let it go and aren't asking enough questions to people who could possibly have answers..

We KNOW based on court documents and neighbor witnesses that Jose was abusive to his wife, She suddenly goes missing and he isn't talking or working with police this should be a red flag to the Collingdale Police and they should be pushing in anyway possible to get answers from him I'm not normally one to point fingers but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck well..it isn't a dog..Jose in my opinion and I'm not even a cop has shown more reason to be suspicious of him than to think he's just a grieving husband I mean hell switched his daughters schools from PA to NJ within days of his wife being missing who does that? Someone who obviously was sure she wouldn't be coming back..someone who knows more than they are saying.

Now we have this fb page for Melissa being missing that was created before she went missing? SMH..I feel like someone is just asking the collingdale police to wake up and catch them and here we have detective leict simply saying it was back dated because she was last heard from the 19th?Makes no sense to me..It's almost as if someone knew ahead of time she'd be missing

Now once again I don't really like pointing fingers but if I was a cop on this case this would give me so many red flags in my head I'd have to ask questions its reasons like the police just dismissing these key things that Melissa is still missing today..they need to step it up and get Melissa home rather it be alive or deceased her family deserve answers and whoever is responsible should not be allowed to be just walking the streets free and able to strike again whenever they please

I called Detective Leicht. Dwayne Ortiz is. He was aware of the FB page and thinks the "born" date was back dated to reflect the last time someone spoke to her was the 19th.

Thank you...that makes sense...

I was wondering if there was a way to insert a specific "born date" for Facebook accounts in special instances...

JMO

I called Detective Leicht. Dwayne Ortiz is. He was aware of the FB page and thinks the "born" date was back dated to reflect the last time someone spoke to her was the 19th.

Dwayne Ortiz is Melissa's cousin. As for the whole back dating thing on FB pages, I'm not sure about it. I will have to test that theory myself.

You are presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Trust me when I tell you that the cops a not sitting back doing nothing.

They can't lean hard on a guy that has lawyered up. Sadly that's the way it goes.

They can't lean hard on a guy that has lawyered up. Sadly that's the way it goes.

Good to know LE is continuing to work hard on this case...

too bad they are running up against those obstacles...

JMO

I agree. It has to be just as frustrating to LE as it is to us knowing what happened and having who did it sitting in front of your face, but you can't do anything about it because you don't have a body and no one is talking. I would definitely hesistate before blaming CPD for anything.

I feel better knowing that LE is looking at every angle, every lead, every phone call. I would feel a heck of a lot better if she was found....which is how we all feel on this board.

I would feel HORRIBLE if they arrested the guy who we all think did something and he got off on a technicality.

LE is doing their job.....everyone keep their eyes and ears open and report anything....even if they think it's not relevant. You just never know.

Yea I agree they can't do much with someone who is lawyered up I understand that it's just frustrating when so many things go back to the husband but yet LE can't do anything about it because he lawyered up and it's not that I think they are doing nothing I just think they are over looking some things that they should maybe looking more into (not just with Jose) but like I wonder if they ever even questioned her boyfriend? Or even the people she was supposed to be seeing? I mean even tho alot of things do point to Jose someone else still could be responsible for what happened to Melissa even if right now it doesn't seem likely it sucks because it seems like LE could be headed for a dead end with this case and it just breaks my heart because of her daughters and I wonder what those poor little girls think about whats happened to their mom Jose did say he didn't say anything to them but they were questioned by police so they have to know to some point something bad happened to their mom..those poor little girls I still pray one day Melissa will return to her daughters

Bumping this for Melissa and thought I'd mention something interesting last night I had a dream about Melissa (not sure what triggered it I usually do not have these sort of things happen to me where I dream often about things like this) anyway here's what happened in my dream from last night..

In my dream I was watching the news (which I also don't do) it was channel 10 news NBC10 and they did a breaking news thing that Melissa's remains had been found in Louisianna which struck me as odd because what in the world would she be doing Louisanna? I don't know how or even if this is at all helpful or anything but like I said before bumping for Melissa and her girls and figured I'd share this odd sort of dream

Has anyone heard anything new on the case?

Bumping this for Melissa and thought I'd mention something interesting last night I had a dream about Melissa (not sure what triggered it I usually do not have these sort of things happen to me where I dream often about things like this) anyway here's what happened in my dream from last night..

In my dream I was watching the news (which I also don't do) it was channel 10 news NBC10 and they did a breaking news thing that Melissa's remains had been found in Louisianna which struck me as odd because what in the world would she be doing Louisanna? I don't know how or even if this is at all helpful or anything but like I said before bumping for Melissa and her girls and figured I'd share this odd sort of dream

Has anyone heard anything new on the case?

Thank you for sharing about your dream...

Maybe it will jog someone's memory... Like that Melissa... Or someone she was connected to... Has ties to Louisiana...

JMO

If I may weigh in, as a Philly native, there is no way she walked to those train stations. 30th street is the hub, so it's likely someone would take a train from there, IMO. There are so many people walking around though, tons of police...it seems strange that nobody would see her there if she did get to the train station.

I'm near the area and I'm wondering if there have been any search teams? I notice usually on Websleuths that there are usually a lot more messages in a thread. This one only has 9 pages...wondering if there's another one, or if this is just an odd missing case ? Thanks to those who have contributed information!

Excuse me for the double post. In that article, Jose's lawyer is using a lot of language that points to his client knowing a lot about Melissa's disappearance, IMO: "Police Chief Adams and his cohorts treated Mr. Rodriguez like a suspect, like an animal...(snip)..The next time, maybe he will treat people with a little more courtesy and a little more respect. Under those circumstances maybe he'll get better results," he added. "Police Chief Adams is reaping exactly what he sowed in this case."

Cohorts? His cohorts are the police....when lawyers try to paint LE as the bad guys, you know something is up. And mentioning that Jose will not help b/c of how he was treated is a clear indication that finding his missing wife is not a priority. Sick.

Excuse me for the double post. In that article, Jose's lawyer is using a lot of language that points to his client knowing a lot about Melissa's disappearance, IMO: "Police Chief Adams and his cohorts treated Mr. Rodriguez like a suspect, like an animal...(snip)..The next time, maybe he will treat people with a little more courtesy and a little more respect. Under those circumstances maybe he'll get better results," he added. "Police Chief Adams is reaping exactly what he sowed in this case."

Cohorts? His cohorts are the police....when lawyers try to paint LE as the bad guys, you know something is up. And mentioning that Jose will not help b/c of how he was treated is a clear indication that finding his missing wife is not a priority. Sick.

I will say this, if I were innocent and the police kept at me telling me I killed my spouse, and seemed to do little else but attack me, i would 1. lawyer up and 2. be much less ready to talk to them because I can no longer trust them.

Its easy to say you would take anything they threw at you but when innocent and they aren't looking everywhere else but you, you know they aren't doing their job because you know you are innocent if that makes sense. Look at Riley Fox's dad. AThey kept at him until he confessed because they convinced him that he must be guilty. Thank god the DA sent the dna in that excluded him and they found the right guy. What they did there was a travesty. So we know they can mentally attack until a false confession is given. If they did that to her husband i understand his lawyers statements.

THat doesn't mean I think he was innocent but it certainly doesn't show me guilt because I would do the same thing. I would be so angered at them not focusing on getting the guilty i would clam up. Probably sue them too

I am NOT defending him, just that aspect. I think he probably killed her but i have seen to many cases where cops have tunnel vision and tear apart an innocent persons life just to make it fit.

IMO

I agree. I don't blame people for lawyering up in Jose's position. Regardless of his guilt or innocence, there will be a bright light cast on him in this situation, and it's completely appropriate and smart to have legal counsel to keep informed. However, this attitude of "well, the police were mean to me so I'm not going to help them find the mother of my daughters out of spite" is so callous that it's impossible to believe it doesn't implicate him in the disappearance.

If I were in his spot and innocent, I would definitely get a lawyer, but then I'd be as helpful as I could be under the lawyer's advice, not outwardly and publically hostile and disruptive to LE. Regardless of his feelings to Melissa, his kids have no mother right now, for God's sake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back