PA PA - Melissa Rodriguez, 30, Collingdale, 19 April 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very interesting that dogs hit on yard of house!

Possible movement of body?

:dunno:

Her husband sounds just like mine. My heart goes out to her and her daughters. I hope she got away and started her life over with her BF and is trying to make plans to secretly reunite with her daughters, but hearing about the dogs hitting on the yard and those two mopheads and the bottle of cleaner takes away a lot of my hope for that scenario. I know people said she wouldn't leave without her daughters but there comes a point in the fight or flight desperation where all you can do is ask yourself if you'd be more useful to your children ALIVE, but elsewhere, or DEAD, but here.

IMO

Hm. I know I'm late to this thread but I only just picked up on this discrepancy:

"The weekend she disappeared, Melissa Rodriguez was to have travelled to New Jersey to visit friends, a trip she had taken several times this year when her husband had the children for the weekend. She typically packed her things in a black weekend bag and took Amtrak to New Jersey, where her friends would pick her up. Jose Rodriguez told police his wife’s weekend bag was pink, the affidavit states."

from link posted a bit above my post - http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2013/05/10/news/doc518d612a22cfc371812050.txt?viewmode=2

ETA: also from that link:

"Jose Rodriguez is reportedly the last person to have seen the young mother, telling police he was with her the morning of April 19 as she readied their daughters for school. He initially told police he left for work before his wife left with the two girls, but later changed his story saying he watched her leave with the children, the affidavit states. He said he has not seen or heard from her since.

On April 25, investigators obtained information from AT&T for Melissa Rodriguez’s mobile phone. The information indicated the phone had been turned off on April 19 and was still off when the request for information was made.

According to AT&T’s records, six text messages were sent to the phone from a phone number belonging to Jose Rodriguez on April 20, according to the affidavit. Another text was sent from his phone on April 21, the records indicate"

<snip>

"In a statement to police, Jose Rodriguez claimed to have had no contact with his wife after seeing her at about 8 a.m. April 19 until he texted her on Monday, April 22. He later added he may have sent a text message on April 21"

hmmmm. He last saw her April 19. Her phone shut off on April 19. She wasn't seen on any videos anywhere between her house and any trolley or train stations or anything else, ever after that.

Yeah I'd say Friday, April 19 was the day something happened to her, and it prevented her from going to see her friends.

Pretty obvious who looks the worst here, IMO.

edit 2 - I only just caught the fact that she was going to the AMTRAK station to take a train and HE WORKS FOR AMTRAK The fact that nobody can find videos of her from any AMTRAK video cameras now has less value to me, because he or a friend could've tampered with something. Not that I think they would've had to because I don't think she ever showed up at the station at all.

"Jose Rodriguez told investigators he was living at a house on Rustic Drive in Ocean, N.J., where his girlfriend and their infant son reside. According to court documents, police in Ocean Township have been called to that address several times in the past and as recently as April 30.

Jose Rodriguez also gave the Rustic Drive address to officials at the Ocean Intermediate School when he registered his two daughters there on April 30, authorities said."

(From above link)

So.. he's had LE called to his new GF's house multiple times already, and as recently as the same exact day that he tried to register the girls in their new school where he and his GF live?

I bet those girls are a wealth of information, and on top of that I sincerely PRAY that this GF and/or her new son don't eventually come up missing. Really, truly pray that she doesn't have an unfortunate accident or anything. IMO this guy is AT BEST really, really bad luck to be around. At Best.

Hm. I know I'm late to this thread but I only just picked up on this discrepancy:

"The weekend she disappeared, Melissa Rodriguez was to have travelled to New Jersey to visit friends, a trip she had taken several times this year when her husband had the children for the weekend. She typically packed her things in a black weekend bag and took Amtrak to New Jersey, where her friends would pick her up. Jose Rodriguez told police his wife’s weekend bag was pink, the affidavit states."

from link posted a bit above my post - http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2013/05/10/news/doc518d612a22cfc371812050.txt?viewmode=2

ETA: also from that link:

"Jose Rodriguez is reportedly the last person to have seen the young mother, telling police he was with her the morning of April 19 as she readied their daughters for school. He initially told police he left for work before his wife left with the two girls, but later changed his story saying he watched her leave with the children, the affidavit states. He said he has not seen or heard from her since.

On April 25, investigators obtained information from AT&T for Melissa Rodriguez’s mobile phone. The information indicated the phone had been turned off on April 19 and was still off when the request for information was made.

According to AT&T’s records, six text messages were sent to the phone from a phone number belonging to Jose Rodriguez on April 20, according to the affidavit. Another text was sent from his phone on April 21, the records indicate"

<snip>

"In a statement to police, Jose Rodriguez claimed to have had no contact with his wife after seeing her at about 8 a.m. April 19 until he texted her on Monday, April 22. He later added he may have sent a text message on April 21"

hmmmm. He last saw her April 19. Her phone shut off on April 19. She wasn't seen on any videos anywhere between her house and any trolley or train stations or anything else, ever after that.

Yeah I'd say Friday, April 19 was the day something happened to her, and it prevented her from going to see her friends.

Pretty obvious who looks the worst here, IMO.

edit 2 - I only just caught the fact that she was going to the AMTRAK station to take a train and HE WORKS FOR AMTRAK The fact that nobody can find videos of her from any AMTRAK video cameras now has less value to me, because he or a friend could've tampered with something. Not that I think they would've had to because I don't think she ever showed up at the station at all.

:thumb: Great sleuthing, GGE! :websleuther:

This is heartbreaking.

http://www.collingdalepolice.com/news/index/layoutfile/home

"Every day, Olga Ortiz gets on her knees in front of the tabletop shrine she has created in the sparse dining area of her modest apartment.

Along with the Holy Bible, carefully arranged votive candles, and religious figurines are pictures of her daughter Melissa Ortiz-Rodriguez. In every photograph - even in the missing-person posters that serve as the table's backdrop - Ortiz-Rodriguez is always smiling.

"Whatever it is, Lord, I just want the answer," said Ortiz, looking upward."

<snip>

"They have served more than 20 search warrants in their quest to find Ortiz-Rodriguez. The FBI has joined the search."

<snip>

"Ortiz-Rodriguez was the oldest of Ortiz's three children. She was the girl with the Mariah Carey voice who had enough gumption and confidence to try out for American Idol and The Voice."

<snip>

"Signs of emotional and physical abuse became evident to family and friends."

(much more at link)

This is no good.
"Police searched the husband's work truck on April 29 and two days later, interviewed the couple's daughters. "
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...lingdale-Mom-Melissa-Rodriguez-212969191.html

So, two days later. That would be May 1. Which means they searched the work truck April 29, then April 30 LE was called to his new home in Ocean, NJ where he was wiht his wife and daughters, also on April 30 he successfully enrolled his girls in their new school in Ocean, NJ (after trying but failing to do the same thing the day Melissa disappeared)... then on May 1 the girls were finally questioned.

Sounds like something very intense happened the day before they were questioned, so intense that LE had to be called.

"Police searched the husband's work truck on April 29 and two days later, interviewed the couple's daughters. Family members say the girls were the last to see their mother before she went missing."
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...lingdale-Mom-Melissa-Rodriguez-212969191.html

I doubt they were forthcoming in that interview, considering the possibility that they had JUST, the day prior, quite possibly witnessed (or been directly the subject of) their father being so out of control that LE had to be called, and not for the first time either (this is IMO based on his past record of abuse and LE calls, though for all I know LE was called for some other reason).

The poor children are probably terrified to tell everything they know...

Given the fater's erratic and dangerous behavior!

:(

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2013/06/26/news/doc51cab21eb1db1742357945.txt

"Collingdale Detective Daniel Leicht and county Detective Adam Sendek obtained a search warrant for the yard of 424 Lafayette Ave. at 11:44 a.m. About 15 minutes later, investigators showed up en masse at the corner house and under the hot midday sun, began digging."

http://w04.co.delaware.pa.us/Parcel...RECID=11-00-01324-00&LABEL=424+Lafayette+Ave+

http://w01.co.delaware.pa.us/publicaccess.asp?UAYN=Y&MyAction=RealFolioSearch&Folio=11-00-01324-00

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/424-Lafayette-Ave-Collingdale-PA-19023/9323793_zpid/

GGE you have NO idea how happy i am that you are on this case!!! great digging so far!

Thanks, guys (gender-neutral "guys" implied, LOL)!

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2013/06/06/news/doc51afff86e122b216252531.txt

"Jose Rodriguez returned to the home he owns on Lafayette Avenue on Sunday, six weeks after his wife Melissa disappeared.

A woman who lives across the street said she saw him walk in through the front door, then seconds later a hand reached out and ripped a &#8220;missing person&#8221; flier for his wife off of the door."

hm. odd...

Bumping for Melissa, who I intend to never, ever stop looking for no matter how long it takes. This case is going to be worked to the bitter end by us here at WS. :seeya:

"Jose Luis Rodriguez, who now resides in New Jersey, hired Philadelphia attorney Michael Diamondstein last Thursday. He also hired Attorney Anthony Gil to represent the interests of his two daughters."

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2013/05/01/news/doc51808fb942160911966349.txt

Why do the 7 and 11 year old girls need a lawyer? Has anyone else ever heard of someone involved in a missing person investigation lawyering up AND lawyering up their minor children?

:confused:

"Jose Luis Rodriguez, who now resides in New Jersey, hired Philadelphia attorney Michael Diamondstein last Thursday. He also hired Attorney Anthony Gil to represent the interests of his two daughters."

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2013/05/01/news/doc51808fb942160911966349.txt

Why do the 7 and 11 year old girls need a lawyer? Has anyone else ever heard of someone involved in a missing person investigation lawyering up AND lawyering up their minor children?

:confused:

Children maybe lawyered up by dad to keep them from speaking freely?....

:no:

Hm the house address is linked to a Mechanic's Lien for over $24,000 that was levied against the Rodriguezes in 2010.

Most people have debt issues in their past, though, seems like. Doesn't necessarily mean anything.

BTW, I read the girls' school was in Chester, PA. That means these towns that they lived and went to school in are VERY close to Philly. I've been to Chester before, by accident sort of. I booked a hotel in the Philly area and thought Chester would be less expensive because it's a suburb. Overnight my car was broken into in the hotel parking lot (upscale hotel, not cheapie) and my stereo was stolen, my ceiling light smashed out, and my keylock on my car door punched out with some kind of professional thief's tool.

I was told at the front desk that it happens all the time, and the lady working the front desk showed me her own car outside that was bare bones, no radio, no nothing and she said her car had been broken into while she was at work at the hotel no less than a half dozen times and she said they even stole her baby's car seat from it so she no longer replaces or fixes anything in it, and just drives it as it is because now there's nothing more for the theives to take or break on it.

True story about Chester, PA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deejay78