Delaware County, Pennsylvania
18 to 40 year old Female

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Amanda DeGuio 1990 Pennsylvania
Melissa Rodriguez 1982 Pennsylvania
Melissa Rodriguez 1982 Pennsylvania
Kortne Stouffer 1991 Pennsylvania

http://6abc.com/news/crews-digging-basement-for-delco-woman-missing-since-2013/1675660/

Action News has learned new developments in the disturbing case involving Melissa Rodriguez, a young mother of two who mysteriously vanished nearly four years ago.

On Tuesday night, the eerily quiet Collingdale, Delaware County white home that long sat empty along Lafayette Avenue was buzzing with police activity.

In recent days, cadaver dogs have made positive hits in the basement of her estranged husband's former home. Police say the area they're digging up in the basement has a "fresh cement job."

Cadaver dogs found signs in the basement. Crews are digging in the basement. I was hoping you would be found alive, Melissa. But perhaps this will bring about the justice that is needed and someone will go to jail for the rest of their life!! And those baby girls will get reunited with Melissa's family!! Prayers may be answered, but not the way I wanted them to be. Continuing to pray!!!
http://6abc.com/news/crews-digging-...g-since-2013/1675660/http://6abc.com/1675660/

[h=1]Radar used in search of missing woman's Collingdale home[/h]
COLLINGDALE, Pa. (WPVI) --

Police brought out specialized equipment in the ongoing search for a missing Collingdale, Delaware County woman.

Last week, cadaver dogs reactive positively to something in the home's basement, but no remains were found. Some investigators thought there could be remains nearby.

So the radar was brought in.
"We all thought there was something there," he said. "The anomaly was six foot by three foot and a four-and-a-half to five foot mark deep."

A small excavator was brought in to dig. Ultimately, however, they found nothing.

Apparently the anomaly was in part a mass of heavier denser clay, something that might have been there underground for decades.
http://6abc.com/news/radar-used-in-search-of-missing-womans-collingdale-home/1688357/

Updated Charley Project link: Melissa Ortiz-Rodriguez – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Melissa was last seen leaving home in the 400 block of Lafayette Avenue in Collingdale, Pennsylvania on April 19, 2013. She planned to take a train to Newark, New Jersey to visit a friend for the weekend, but never arrived there and has never been heard from again. Her estranged husband, Jose Rodriguez, said he didn't hear from her all weekend, and she didn't respond when he sent her a text message on April 21. He reported her missing on the 23rd.

Melissa and Jose were separated at the time of her disappearance. Their marriage was troubled; the police had been to the home multiple times in response to domestic disputes, and Melissa found out Jose had had a child by another woman. She herself was seeing another man, and told her family she wanted a divorce. Melissa filed for a protection order in February 2013, but withdrew it two weeks later.

Jose now lives in New Jersey with the couple's two daughters. He maintains his innocence in his wife's disappearance. Police stated Jose had been uncooperative in the investigation and gave contradictory stories as to when he last saw Melissa and what she was wearing.

Melissa didn't have a credit card at the time of her disappearance, and she left her car behind at home. She was due to start a new job on April 22 and was excited about it. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved.

Good evening everyone! I am doing an episode about Melissa Rodriguez for my podcast, Who You Let In. I have been trying to reach some of her family members and friends to see if they would be willing to be interviewed. I was able to reach two people but would like to interview a few more. If you are, please send me an email at WhoYouLetInPodcast@gmail.com with your name and how you are related to her (friend / relative, etc.). I am hoping that this episode will get people talking about her case again! Thank you! :)

Good evening everyone! I am doing an episode about Melissa Rodriguez for my podcast, Who You Let In. I have been trying to reach some of her family members and friends to see if they would be willing to be interviewed. I was able to reach two people but would like to interview a few more. If you are, please send me an email at WhoYouLetInPodcast@gmail.com with your name and how you are related to her (friend / relative, etc.). I am hoping that this episode will get people talking about her case again! Thank you! :)
wow still nothing on her

Article in the Philadelphia Inquirer noting that it's been 10 years + since Melissa Ortiz-Rodriguez was last heard from. A Delaware County mother vanished 10 years ago. Her loved ones are still searching for answers. (Behind a paywall unfortunately.)

The article includes an interview with the friend Melissa Ortiz-Rodriguez was supposed to visit that day in Newark NJ, about 100 miles away, and comments from Melissa's aunt and Collingdale police.

Melissa Ortiz-Rodriguez' husband Jose Rodriguez is still the last person known to have seen her.

"The couple had separated, but the two were still living together, family members said, and Ortiz-Rodriguez was considering a divorce after discovering that Rodriguez had an infant son with another woman.

That February, Ortiz-Rodriguez had sought a protection-from-abuse order, alleging that Rodriguez locked her and her children out of the family home and damaged items inside. She withdrew the complaint two weeks later.

Police questioned Rodriguez about his wife’s whereabouts, but after providing an initial statement, he refused to participate in further questioning and hired an attorney."

The Rodriguez home at the time, and its grounds, have been searched extensively over the years since Melissa's disappearance, using ground-penetrating radar, cadaver dogs and other techniques. Jose Rodriguez put the home up for sale after Melissa's disappearance and moved with their children to NJ. Jose Rodriguez is currently in federal prison for mail fraud related to the online sale of equipment including "scores of chain saws"(!) which he had stolen from his then-employer, Amtrak.

"Anyone with information about Ortiz-Rodriguez’s disappearance is asked to contact the Collingdale police at 610-586-0502 or Delaware County detectives at 610-891-4700."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back