GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But when would she have had the time to do this? Where would she have smothered her? Obviously not at the Sheetz parking lot! Besides, LE can't confirm Nalani was in the back seat when she went to Sheetz.

Nor has LE said anything about how the car on the Sheetz surveillance video and the car impounded look like two different cars.

<modsnip - bickering>

the cause of death has not been proclaimed yet and SN has not been tried and convicted. Additionally, other statements have alluded to the investigation still being open to who all may be responsible. Until all facts come out, I think it is prudent and wise to consider all possibilities. But that's just how I view things.

Thanks.

I was honestly curious how your theory may work with the facts that have come out so far. How you work a hot car death into the timeline that LE has provided? The people who have access to the information have said SN acted alone. I can't see a way where SN had time to leave Nalani in a car to die. I guess if one is willing to discard the factual info shared and posit other theories then this is plausible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nor has LE said anything about how the car on the Sheetz surveillance video and the car impounded look like two different cars.
Many folks have noticed this- here and on social media. Makes you wonder about the change in vehicles. Plus, that acquaintance part is interesting to me. May or may not be significant.

I just can't come up with a scenario where this baby died so quickly without signs of trauma It seems like that monster did not have much time to drive straight to the park and back...stopping at the sheetz as well.....
Perhaps the stop at Sheetz was primarily to get a plastic grocery bag? Maybe what she bought has no bearing on anything other than that she wanted something (a plastic bag) to suffocate the poor baby with? Quick; no signs of trauma. If this is the case, perhaps the bag with Nalani's fluids/dna was still in the car when it was impounded and they already know the means based on that alone?
MOO

I m sorry if I offend anyone but the dad saying everything happens for a reason at the vigil is killing me The only reason seems to be him introducing his baby girl to a psycho he s only known for a couple of month I don't care about color sex or anything else 90% of these cases seem to be about a new love interest harming the child yes usually it's the moms boyfriend but this is no different there is no reason to introduce your child to someone your invovled with and obviously don't really know yet It just makes me sick

I m sorry if I offend anyone but the dad saying everything happens for a reason at the vigil is killing me The only reason seems to be him introducing his baby girl to a psycho he s only known for a couple of month I don't care about color sex or anything else 90% of these cases seem to be about a new love interest harming the child yes usually it's the moms boyfriend but this is no different there is no reason to introduce your child to someone your invovled with and obviously don't really know yet It just makes me sick

From page 9 of this thread, a moderator’s post:

“ADMIN NOTE:

Stop arguing as to whether the father is a victim or not. By Websleuths standards, he is considered a victim unless/until LE officially notifies otherwise.
Move on from that discussion please.
Thanks.”

Your holier than thou hindsight certainly won't change anything.

Nancy “walked a pretty good distance from Route 22 … and I believe it was her intention that nobody find that child,” the DA said.

Zappala told Pittsburgh reporters that his office would ask to postpone a preliminary hearing now set for Sept. 16 for Nancy, who was charged with kidnapping of a minor, custodial interference and concealment of the whereabouts of a child, and move forward with court proceedings after adding a homicide charge to the case.

He acknowledged the six-week delay that Overman predicted but told WTAE-TV that “we’re going to send some people out to talk to the pathologists and see if we can shorten that timeframe.”
Investigation into toddler's death continues

My hope is that this is what he has been hearing from others to help him get through this. Along the same lines of “he/she was too good for this earth” and “god must have needed them for something bigger”. A bunch of blah but it helps to keep thoughts positive and heal, for some people.

My thoughts exactly. From what I understand, the distance that she had to walk from her parked car to the spot she left Nalani at is a half of a mile.

Now, I consider myself a strong woman, but carrying a child in a car seat would be no easy feat for a half of a mile. The time line is just too tight for me. The average person in decent shape walks a mile in 15 minutes- great shape, fast pace- 8-10 minutes. So half of a mile, carrying a car seat with a deceased child in it- I would say that would add some time to a person who is in great shape, so we'll just say for the sake of it, she walked it in 8 minutes. Placed her. Walked or jogged back.

Now, here is where my confusion comes in. The times of the events is just too tight for this to all happen and where her phone pinged. Again, I put her walking time as someone in great shape, and we don't know if she is or isn't physically. Many of us here are mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc. We have carried children in our arms. Imagine carrying that child in a car seat- walking in a park, without the aid of a stroller or a carriage? That would cause some delay and fatigue for a normal person.

I am not saying that she didn't do this, but she must have had some high adrenaline rush to do all that she did in such a tight time lime. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all unfolds. Just odd.

I have wondered about this too. Also, was Nalani in the backseat of the car at the convenience store? If not, was she in the trunk in her carseat? and when and where did Nancy put her in there without being seen? Not a lot of time between leaving them and arriving at Sheetz.

I am curious if the timeline is off. Did she have Nalani longer than originally thought? Maybe dad waited to call longer, assuming she would cool off and bring her back? I realize there is some conjecture there but the timing is wonky.

Nancy “walked a pretty good distance from Route 22 … and I believe it was her intention that nobody find that child,” the DA said.

Zappala told Pittsburgh reporters that his office would ask to postpone a preliminary hearing now set for Sept. 16 for Nancy, who was charged with kidnapping of a minor, custodial interference and concealment of the whereabouts of a child, and move forward with court proceedings after adding a homicide charge to the case.

He acknowledged the six-week delay that Overman predicted but told WTAE-TV that “we’re going to send some people out to talk to the pathologists and see if we can shorten that timeframe.
Investigation into toddler's death continues

BBM. Jeez, that wording sounds like Zappala is sending henchmen out to the pathologists to rough them up. But I assume Zappala means they will try to have them move this case up on the priority list.

The testing time itself takes what it takes. More important that they get it RIGHT - vs. get it quickly. JMO

I'm surprised that the media hasn't caught on to that being two different cars and reported on it. Perhaps nobody has notified the media as they could dig into such and answer the question for us.

I have wondered about this too. Also, was Nalani in the backseat of the car at the convenience store? If not, was she in the trunk in her carseat? and when and where did Nancy put her in there without being seen? Not a lot of time between leaving them and arriving at Sheetz.

I am curious if the timeline is off. Did she have Nalani longer than originally thought? Maybe dad waited to call longer, assuming she would cool off and bring her back? I realize there is some conjecture there but the timing is wonky.

Law enforcement has her phone and they know when and where she was moo

I guess we have to trust LE that the baby wasn’t left to die slowly in that car seat for 3 days.

It’s an unbearable scenario.
I keep thinking that this poor little angel was probably crying once she was without her dad and after the arguing she heard in the car. Maybe inconsolable. I think crazy lady probably wanted to shut her up. Sadly, I'm going with smothering. MOO

Radio station KDKA said Nalani was found strapped into a car seat and could have died of dehydration, citing police officers who were on the scene.

“I can tell you there’s no sign of trauma. That’s been eliminated. The baby was fully clothed. She did not die from exposure to the elements. That’s been eliminated,” Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala told WTAE Thursday. “There’s no ligature marks, so you can eliminate strangulation.”
Death of 2-Year-Old Nalani Johnson Remains a Mystery as Coroner Delays Ruling

From their other posts, where they say they can't sleuth mom but to PM them, its clear they are insinuating that mom deserves less of our empathy based on her past.
Snipped for focus
BBM

Yes, it's clear that is what the OP was insinuating.
However, after looking into it further, it appears that the OP was getting the alleged abductor, Sharena Nancy, and Nalani's mom mixed up.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy