Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I seeing things or are there 2 different vehicles going on here?
AMBER ALERT: Police say 2-year-old girl abducted from Penn Hills
Black 2017 Toyota Prius bearing Pa Registration KLW3926
AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT issued for toddler abducted in Penn Hills
2017 black Toyota Yaris with PA plate KLW3926
Neither of them are SUV's.
FYI, They do look alike though

The car is neither a Prius nor a SUV.
The car is a Toyota Yaris, a subcompact hatchback.
LE issued a correction that it was not a Prius but have not yet issued a correction for calling the car a SUV.

SEP 1, 2019
Husband Of Woman Accused Of Abducting 2-Year-Old Speaks Out
[...]

22-year-old Raihan Uddin spoke with us for about 20 minutes Sunday afternoon. He is the husband of 25-year-old Sharena Nancy who is in police custody. State police believe she abducted Nalani.

[...]

Uddin said he was confused about everything that has happened. He said his wife was working as a ride-share driver Saturday night. He claimed the two were talking as she finished up around 7 p.m., and she didn’t tell him anything about having a child in the car.

“She has me on the dashboard, so I mean I saw the car – the whole thing. She called the video off, but I still could hear her,” he said through a video call.

According to Allegheny County Police, this is the timeframe the car Nancy was driving was in the areas of Blairsville, New Alexandria, and Delmont Westmoreland County. It was a black Toyota Yaris with Pennsylvania Plate KLW 3926. The believe Nalani was in the car during this period between 5:30-7:30 Saturday evening.

[...]

When police pulled Nancy over around 8:00 Saturday night, Nalani was not in the car.

[...]

He is confused by the situation. He told KDKA the couple got married in 2018 and lived in Monroeville until he was deported. Right now, he lives with the couple’s daughter in India. Nancy supports them with her job in the area.

According to Uddin, he was able to speak with his wife after she was taken into custody. She told him she didn’t take Nalani.

“I don’t know if she did or if she didn’t. One part of me believes that she can. Another part is like nothing’s been found. It has to be solved and you can’t make conclusions,” he said.

[...]

Video of the interview in the article

how long will the driver be held for?

any reward offered yet?
Not a lot of details on what's happening with Nancy, was being questioned and uncooperative last update I read in the posts above. Haven't checked SM. Did not see reward offered as of this morning
AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT issued for toddler abducted in Penn Hills
The family told Channel 11 they are offering a $2,500 reward for any information leading to her safe return.

the husband is throwing her under the bus. This is one hot mess! Shocked that LE is not at least doing an update to keep Nalani's face out there. Silence. They could just say nothing ( like we've gone thru before) but still keep talking about it. UGH!

I have such an issue with the fact that the mom and dad know the driver (Nancy). Also, where's the friend that was in the car with the dad at this time? If there were a time to talk, it's now! IMO

FBI Pittsburgh on Twitter
#FBI Pittsburgh is assisting @AlleghenyCoPD in the search for missing 2 year old Nalani Johnson. Anyone with information should call the tipline at 1-833-ALL-TIPS.
EDZzRNNW4AAgtSt.jpg

3:42 PM - 1 Sep 2019

Since Nancy was an Uber and Lyft driver law enforcement has to know whether she picked up any fares after 5 PM as well as know when and where that would be and any passengers could be interviewed. Such things would narrow the time line. The description of the Westmoreland locations suggests that Nancy was driving along US 22.

Of course that completely contradicts the earlier reports of her vehicle being stopped shortly after being seen at 5:13 PM on Rodi RD. Rodi Road intersects US 22 and other reports said PA-48 and US 22 was where Nancy was located and that is about 1 mile east on 22 from Rodi Road.

I really don't know what to make of this case. Have police or FBI given a press conference?

SEP 1, 2019
Husband Of Woman Accused Of Abducting 2-Year-Old Speaks Out
[...]

22-year-old Raihan Uddin spoke with us for about 20 minutes Sunday afternoon. He is the husband of 25-year-old Sharena Nancy who is in police custody. State police believe she abducted Nalani.

[...]

Uddin said he was confused about everything that has happened. He said his wife was working as a ride-share driver Saturday night. He claimed the two were talking as she finished up around 7 p.m., and she didn’t tell him anything about having a child in the car.

“She has me on the dashboard, so I mean I saw the car – the whole thing. She called the video off, but I still could hear her,” he said through a video call.

According to Allegheny County Police, this is the timeframe the car Nancy was driving was in the areas of Blairsville, New Alexandria, and Delmont Westmoreland County. It was a black Toyota Yaris with Pennsylvania Plate KLW 3926. The believe Nalani was in the car during this period between 5:30-7:30 Saturday evening.

[...]

When police pulled Nancy over around 8:00 Saturday night, Nalani was not in the car.

[...]

He is confused by the situation. He told KDKA the couple got married in 2018 and lived in Monroeville until he was deported. Right now, he lives with the couple’s daughter in India. Nancy supports them with her job in the area.

According to Uddin, he was able to speak with his wife after she was taken into custody. She told him she didn’t take Nalani.

“I don’t know if she did or if she didn’t. One part of me believes that she can. Another part is like nothing’s been found. It has to be solved and you can’t make conclusions,” he said.

[...]

Video of the interview in the article

If I'm following correctly then his times aren't lining up with media reports. Wasn't it reported that she drove off with Nalani at 5 pm and arrested not very long after? Then how was he video chatting with her at 7 pm?

Ninja Edit: I suppose it's entirely possible that he's just wrong on the time seeing as he's in India and I imagine there's a huge time difference.

Since Nancy was an Uber and Lyft driver law enforcement has to know whether she picked up any fares after 5 PM as well as know when and where that would be and any passengers could be interviewed. Such things would narrow the time line. The description of the Westmoreland locations suggests that Nancy was driving along US 22.

Of course that completely contradicts the earlier reports of her vehicle being stopped shortly after being seen at 5:13 PM on Rodi RD. Rodi Road intersects US 22 and other reports said PA-48 and US 22 was where Nancy was located and that is about 1 mile east on 22 from Rodi Road.

I really don't know what to make of this case. Have police or FBI given a press conference?

I agree, the time changed TODAY. It did go from 15 mins (ish) to 2 and 1/2 hours, yet I don't think the distance calls for that kind of time unless something else was going on. This is why LE needs to at least straighten this info out. IMO

If I'm following correctly then his times aren't lining up with media reports. Wasn't it reported that she drove off with Nalani at 5 pm and arrested not very long after? Then how was he video chatting with her at 7 pm?

Ninja Edit: I suppose it's entirely possible that he's just wrong on the time seeing as he's in India and I imagine there's a huge time difference.

There was an Amber Alert Update today around 5:30pm.
The child was allegedly abducted around 5pm, the car was seen around 5:13pm but LE did not make contact with Nancy (in the car) until sometime after 7:30pm.

The following article is the best written and least confusing one I could locate:
AMBER ALERT: Police say 2-year-old girl abducted from Penn Hills

I agree, the time changed TODAY. It did go from 15 mins (ish) to 2 and 1/2 hours, yet I don't think the distance calls for that kind of time unless something else was going on. This is why LE needs to at least straighten this info out. IMO
I don't get it. The car's computer will yield information such as where the car was, when it stopped, when it started, which doors, if any, opened and closed, etc. in great detail. And there is no doubt that law enforcement would have retrieved that by now and know so much about the activities. So they should be able to ask the public in a specific area if they had seen the car, Nancy, or Nalani at or around a specific time.

They also should know if Nancy made any calls or texts and to whom and when those happened.

I don't get it. The car's computer will yield information such as where the car was, when it stopped, when it started, which doors, if any, opened and closed, etc. in great detail. And there is no doubt that law enforcement would have retrieved that by now and know so much about the activities. So they should be able to ask the public in a specific area if they had seen the car, Nancy, or Nalani at or around a specific time.

They also should know if Nancy made any calls or texts and to whom and when those happened.

Just to clarify, you're saying that LE should be able to pinpoint the car's locations in the general areas of Westmoreland and Allegheny County from 5pm until when they pulled Nancy over on Rodi Rd.?

Maybe they don't want to be too specific at this time?

Just to clarify, you're saying that LE should be able to pinpoint the car's locations in the general areas of Westmoreland and Allegheny County from 5pm until when they pulled Nancy over on Rodi Rd.?

Maybe they don't want to be too specific at this time?
If the goal is to find a 2 year-old alive you want as much help as you can get with the most useful information possible in the smallest possible geographical area in the smallest time frame. If the goal is something else then have the public focus on a two and a half hour time range along a path that spans the entirety of the northern part of Westmoreland County on a very heavily traveled road(s). Law enforcement has to know more than what we have been told. The clock is ticking.

I mean, if they know she traveled specific roads, then say so. If they know when she was on a specific road and for how long and turned on another road for a period of time, and so on, then say so. If they know she stopped somewhere for a period of time, say where and when.

As for the information from the car's computer, yes, there will be GPS information as the car was moving along with how fast the car was traveling, when the gas pedal was pushed or released, when the brake was pushed or released, each door is recorded for opening and closing, and all other kinds of information. If you are going to commit a crime don't use a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro