Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard, the Uber driver wasn't cooperating with LE. I didn't hear any specifics beyond that.

I got the Amber Alert for this yesterday, and my initial thought was that maybe there was a language barrier between the Uber driver and father, and somehow the driver left not knowing the kid was with her. And even when they found her, I was thinking "well, maybe she left the kid somewhere thinking it was the right thing to do."

But now, it seems clear that is not the case. Otherwise, they would have found Nalani by now.

I see earlier in this thread that Nancy is an acquaintance of the parents (though we don't know how). Could it be that she was their Uber driver before, which is how they knew each other, so she was aware of the child? That might provide an opportunity to plan something. Just wait until you get called back to their address to do it.

Even that seems to be a stretch to me because, as an Uber driver, she's being tracked. I don't see how you get away with anything when you do it so blatantly, and while driving for a company that is tracking you (and knows you were with the victim - or at least the parent who paid for the ride).

I'm shocked that this wasn't resolved yesterday. There definitely seems to be some major pieces of the puzzle we are missing. I hope little Nalani is found safe (and soon).

This might have already been addressed but the family said it was a Jitney driver, NOT an Uber driver. Not sure if it's just a Pittsburgh thing but a jitney driver is an informal unregistered unregulated driver. No tracking, nothing. Just someone with a car.

So Nalani’s parents are not together? Who has custody of the beautiful little girl? Could this possibly be a situation where one parent is trying to keep the child from the other parent?

Why did Nalani and her father travel to this location? How long in advance did he secure the ride?

According to this article, Nancy claims that Nalani's father sold the child for $10,000 and told Nancy to take her to a gas station in Monroeville.

Nancy claims that she handed Nalani off to a woman with out-of-state plates. I get the impression that LE doesn't think this is what happened.

Besides, if you know this is what's happening, why would you agree to do it and not immediately go to LE (or take the child to LE once she is in the car)?

AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT: Woman charged, family asking for public to help search for abducted toddler

I haven't seen a presser. The article linked below says she was pulled over about 8 p.m. So, this is what I have:
  • 5:00 PM – Nalani’s father reported her missing; last seen at the intersection of Bryant Dr and Clay Dr in Penn Hills.
  • 5:13 PM – The vehicle was seen at the intersection of Rt. 48 and Rt. 22 in Monroeville.
  • Between 5:30 and 7:30 PM - The vehicle traveled to the Blairsville, New Alexandria and Delmont Areas of Westmoreland County.
  • 8:00 PM - Police pulled Nancy over on Rodi Road. Nalani was not in the car.
  • Google Maps
Husband Of Woman Accused Of Abducting 2-Year-Old Speaks Out
When police pulled Nancy over around 8:00 Saturday night, Nalani was not in the car.
This is when she was pulled over per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Woman charged in Penn Hills child kidnapping claims father sold daughter
Police issued an Amber Alert for the vehicle, and a Penn Hills police officer spotted it Saturday at 7:26 p.m. as it was heading north on Rodi Road.​

According to this article, Nancy claims that Nalani's father sold the child for $10,000 and told Nancy to take her to a gas station in Monroeville.

Nancy claims that she handed Nalani off to a woman with out-of-state plates. I get the impression that LE doesn't think this is what happened.

Besides, if you know this is what's happening, why would you agree to do it and not immediately go to LE (or take the child to LE once she is in the car)?

AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT: Woman charged, family asking for public to help search for abducted toddler
Well people do questionable things for money, but we don’t know if she said she was paid to take the child to a gas station or if she had proof of being paid.

ETA I agree that I don’t get the feeling LE believes her story.

nancy......why would she do as Nalanis father said? unless she was paid....where is Nancys cash payment for this 'job'? and where is the 10,000,000 that Nalanis father has allegedly been paid for his little girl? where?? if all this is true....

money is the motivation....so prove it ,where is the money? no money? then its a pack of lies. she sounds as thick as mince this Nancy bird!

SEP 1, 2019
Husband Of Woman Accused Of Abducting 2-Year-Old Speaks Out
[...]

22-year-old Raihan Uddin spoke with us for about 20 minutes Sunday afternoon. He is the husband of 25-year-old Sharena Nancy who is in police custody. State police believe she abducted Nalani.

[...]

Uddin said he was confused about everything that has happened. He said his wife was working as a ride-share driver Saturday night. He claimed the two were talking as she finished up around 7 p.m., and she didn’t tell him anything about having a child in the car.

“She has me on the dashboard, so I mean I saw the car – the whole thing. She called the video off, but I still could hear her,” he said through a video call.

According to Allegheny County Police, this is the timeframe the car Nancy was driving was in the areas of Blairsville, New Alexandria, and Delmont Westmoreland County. It was a black Toyota Yaris with Pennsylvania Plate KLW 3926. The believe Nalani was in the car during this period between 5:30-7:30 Saturday evening.

[...]

When police pulled Nancy over around 8:00 Saturday night, Nalani was not in the car.

[...]

He is confused by the situation. He told KDKA the couple got married in 2018 and lived in Monroeville until he was deported. Right now, he lives with the couple’s daughter in India. Nancy supports them with her job in the area.

According to Uddin, he was able to speak with his wife after she was taken into custody. She told him she didn’t take Nalani.

“I don’t know if she did or if she didn’t. One part of me believes that she can. Another part is like nothing’s been found. It has to be solved and you can’t make conclusions,” he said.

[...]

Video of the interview in the article

This part snipped from the interview /article is interesting that Nancy’s husband said “I don’t know if she did or if she didn’t. One part of me believes that she can.

Why does part of him believe that she could be involved?

I don’t know much about immigration or deportation. Why was Nancy’s husband and child deported? Is she a citizen? If so, wouldn’t her child be allowed to stay with her here in the USA?

Is her child the same approximate age as Nalani? If so, could she have taken Nalani to fill the void from missing her own child? Or sold her as a means to make money she needs to bring her child here?

Just exploring possible motives. My own musings/opinions.

I can't wrap my head around this story. If dad did sell her, why include the driver? They apparently knew each other, he could have just said "hey, can you do me a favor and drop Nalani off with her "aunt" at the gas station, I have an emergency kind of bull crap. I think part of her story is true, SHE sold the child and the $ is probably being wired to the husband. I don't see where the dads friend comes into play if Dad set this up. Why have another witness that could turn on him? This whole thing is a mess. Meanwhile there is a poor little scared girl out there. Breaks my heart.

If I'm following correctly then his times aren't lining up with media reports. Wasn't it reported that she drove off with Nalani at 5 pm and arrested not very long after? Then how was he video chatting with her at 7 pm?

Ninja Edit: I suppose it's entirely possible that he's just wrong on the time seeing as he's in India and I imagine there's a huge time difference.

I’m also confused about him saying he could see the whole car and then saying the video was off but he could hear. Maybe his English isn’t the best, but that doesn’t make sense to me. MOO

Last edited:
I’m also confused about him saying he could see the whole car and then saying the video was off but he could hear. Maybe his English isn’t the best, but that doesn’t make sense to me. MOO
I think the conversation happened after the "deed" was done. He's in on it. She was letting him know it. IMO. FOLLOW THE $

[URL="https://twitter.com/JimWTAE/status/1168518892676886529"]Jim Madalinsky on Twitter[/URL]
#TheLatest: An arrest overnight as authorities continue to search for Nalani Johnson. Police tell us they were able to track the driver that is now charged to 3 locations in Westmoreland and Indiana counties. Delmont, New Alexandria and Blairsville.
9:39 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Jim Madalinsky on Twitter
All 3 spots are off of Route 22. We’re told the family is planning a search today starting in Delmont. Please continue to share and we’ll keep you updated. This is a photo of Nalani Johnson.
EDdqjnsWwAEBPc4.jpg

9:43 AM - 2 Sep 2019

[URL="https://twitter.com/MeghanKDKA/status/1168525974880870400"]MEGHAN SCHILLER on Twitter[/URL]
#BREAKING: The FBI says the Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team (CARD) is now on its way to Pittsburgh to assist in the search for the abducted 2 yo Nalani Johnson. The local team-CART- is already helping. @KDKA
EDdwLc0XoAsuTur.jpg

10:07 AM - 2 Sep 2019 from Pittsburgh, PA

Joe DeStio on Twitter
Several dozen volunteers gather at Delmont Walmart to begin search for 2 year old Nalani Johnson, abducted Saturday evening in Penn Hills. More @KDKARadio
EDd8fyvWsAELsu5.jpg

11:01 AM - 2 Sep 2019 from Municipality of Murrysville, PA

Melanie Marsalko on Twitter
These are the flyers family, friends, first responders and strangers are putting up in the area to try and find Nalani Johnson. Delmont Fire Dept is leading a search to scour the area for the little girl #WPXI
EDd9YCaWsAAg92R.jpg

11:05 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Lindsay Ward on Twitter
This is Taji Walsh, grandmother of Nalani Johnson who was kidnapped on Saturday. She tells us what her family is doing to find Nalani and why her son is NOT involved in the kidnapping. ⁦@KDKA
EDd_vlCW4AEoz_X.jpg

11:15 AM - 2 Sep 2019

If I force myself to believe the "she was sold" line being told by Nancy then I lean more towards Nancy kidnapping her and selling her to someone rather than the dad selling her to Nancy. That puts the money in Nancy's pocket rather than Dad's which makes more sense to me right now.

Nancy is not only supporting herself in the states, but also her husband in India. I imagine that's not easy on a jitney/Uber/Lyft salary (if that's her only job).

Is her child the same approximate age as Nalani? If so, could she have taken Nalani to fill the void from missing her own child? Or sold her as a means to make money she needs to bring her child here?

This was my first thought since her own child is living so far away, but then where is she? So I lean toward some truth in what she said about her being sold. But she’s the one who sold her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298