Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an Amber Alert Update today around 5:30pm.
The child was allegedly abducted around 5pm, the car was seen around 5:13pm but LE did not make contact with Nancy (in the car) until sometime after 7:30pm.

The following article is the best written and least confusing one I could locate:
AMBER ALERT: Police say 2-year-old girl abducted from Penn Hills

That lines up with my thoughts. I went back and read the original articles. I think it was poor wording. They said the car was “spotted” at 5:13 p.m. They never said it was pulled over at that time.

First the poor child’s name was spelled incorrectly, then they gave the wrong type of vehicle. I guess that can happen when there’s a rush to get things published.

Charges filed in abduction of 2-year-old from Penn Hills
PENN HILLS, Pa. —

UPDATE: Allegheny County Police have filed charges against the driver of the vehicle involved in the abduction, Sharena Islam Nancy.

Nancy was charged with kidnapping, interference with custody of children, and concealment of whereabouts of a child.

Charges filed in abduction of 2-year-old from Penn Hills

IMO, I'm wondering if she was ever in the car to begin with. Sounds odd that the father was getting out of the car and the driver took off before getting his daughter out of the car? Hinky meter!
I agree with this still... I’m wondering what evidence they have in the car or against the Uber driver to say that she took the baby vs. the father having something to do with her disappearing? And what, kidnapping a child given the opportunity? Where would this lady stash this random baby she drove off with? Would she be so heartless to sell a baby? Or the opposite and she feels such a need to nurture a baby? Such a bizarre case. But then also strange that her husband could maybe see her doing this? Lol what the actual. My apologies if I missed something that’s already been discussed... and these are JMOO!

ETA: wait... she knew Nalani’s parents?!?!? Whaaaat anyone know how? Or what’s actually going on? Lol
o_O

Court Paperwork: Accused abductor claims missing child's father told her to take child, sold child for $10,000

UPDATE: According to a criminal complaint, Sharena Islam Nancy told police she was asked to take missing 2-year-old Nalani Johnson by the girl's father.

The court paperwork said Nancy told police the girl's father "sold" the girl to "an unnamed individual" for $10,000. Nancy claims the father asked her to drive the 2-year-old girl "20 minutes from a gas station in Monroeville along U.S. Route 22."

Nancy then told police she eventually met with a person with a silver SUV with out-of-state plates and gave the girl to that person.​

Just to clarify, from what I have read, she had Uber and Lyft stickers on her car but that night she was driving “jitney” which is apparently similar, but for cash. Is it possible that “jitney” is not as easily traceable as Lyft and/or Uber?

Court Paperwork: Accused abductor claims missing child's father told her to take child, sold child for $10,000

UPDATE: According to a criminal complaint, Sharena Islam Nancy told police she was asked to take missing 2-year-old Nalani Johnson by the girl's father.

The court paperwork said Nancy told police the girl's father "sold" the girl to "an unnamed individual" for $10,000. Nancy claims the father asked her to drive the 2-year-old girl "20 minutes from a gas station in Monroeville along U.S. Route 22."

Nancy then told police she eventually met with a person with a silver SUV with out-of-state plates and gave the girl to that person.​

Oh my goodness! I'm not entirely sure i believe this version of events.
Did she have this money on her when she was arrested?

Since Nancy was an Uber and Lyft driver law enforcement has to know whether she picked up any fares after 5 PM as well as know when and where that would be and any passengers could be interviewed. Such things would narrow the time line. The description of the Westmoreland locations suggests that Nancy was driving along US 22.

Of course that completely contradicts the earlier reports of her vehicle being stopped shortly after being seen at 5:13 PM on Rodi RD. Rodi Road intersects US 22 and other reports said PA-48 and US 22 was where Nancy was located and that is about 1 mile east on 22 from Rodi Road.

I really don't know what to make of this case. Have police or FBI given a press conference?
I haven't seen a presser. The article linked below says she was pulled over about 8 p.m. So, this is what I have:
  • 5:00 PM – Nalani’s father reported her missing; last seen at the intersection of Bryant Dr and Clay Dr in Penn Hills.
  • 5:13 PM – The vehicle was seen at the intersection of Rt. 48 and Rt. 22 in Monroeville.
  • Between 5:30 and 7:30 PM - The vehicle traveled to the Blairsville, New Alexandria and Delmont Areas of Westmoreland County.
  • 8:00 PM - Police pulled Nancy over on Rodi Road. Nalani was not in the car.
  • Google Maps
Husband Of Woman Accused Of Abducting 2-Year-Old Speaks Out
When police pulled Nancy over around 8:00 Saturday night, Nalani was not in the car.

From the article:

Nancy claims Johnson showed her a picture of a woman and told her that this woman would flag her down, and she would turn the baby over to her. She alleges she did exactly what the child's father wanted.

Nancy says the woman had out-of-state plates.

Police paperwork says despite this information, the investigation never revealed a silver SUV to be a part of the case and little Nalani is still missing.

Mike Holden on Twitter
Criminal complaint reads “to date, the investigation into Jane Doe’s whereabouts has not yielded any evidence of a silver SUV with out of state plates in the area in which Nancy claimed she transferred custody of the child.” Child’s father is not facing charges. @WPXI
4:25 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Mike Holden on Twitter
#BREAKING overnight: Driver in missing child case arrested & charged. Sharena Nancy claims she was instructed to hand off missing Nalani Johnson to another woman. She claims the child’s father sold her for $10 grand. Dad not charged. Stay with @WPXI.
EDcoOs4W4AASPqb.jpg

4:53 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Lindsay Ward on Twitter
BREAKING NEW DETAILS: Wild developments on the abducted toddler. Police say the woman who took the child is now in jail facing charges. They say she claims the child’s father “sold” his daughter and that she was to hand over the girl to a woman. Details on @KDKA
EDczGFUW4AEafe3.jpg

5:41 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Mike Holden on Twitter
ONLY ON 11: I just spoke with Nolani’s grandma and father. Interview moments away and their plea to bring her home on @WPXI.
EDdDE-vXoAI1NVd.jpg

6:50 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Mike Holden on Twitter
PLEASE SHARE: Nalani Johnson missing since Saturday. Search planned for 10:30 a.m. at the Walmart in Delmont. Family asking for your help. @WPXI
EDdFsfuX4AA6PZH.jpg

7:02 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Mike Holden on Twitter
Family is fully cooperating with police. Father is not in jail. He’s assisting in the investigation.
8:31 AM - 2 Sep 2019

Last edited:
The court paperwork said Nancy told police the girl’s father “sold” the girl to “an unnamed individual” for $10,000. Nancy claims the father asked her to drive the 2-year-old girl “20 minutes from a gas station in Monroeville along U.S. Route 22.”

Nancy then told police she eventually met with a person with a silver SUV with out-of-state plates and gave the girl to that person.

According to the criminal complaint, police found no evidence yet of the mentioned SUV. Police have also not commented on the claims Nancy is making.
Court Paperwork: Accused abductor claims missing child’s father sold child for $10,000

My stomach just sank when I read that the child had been sold for $10,000.00

I'm still not sure what to believe but I do know that in every lie there is usually tidbit of truth embedded in there somewhere. LE believe she's responsible for kidnapping so Nalani must have been in the vehicle. At one point I wondered if she was even there to begin with.

This is a really bad scene. So glad the FBI has been brought in.

I just feel sick.

MOO

Goodness this is terrible! This poor child has obviously been sold to someone by either this woman or her father. What a mess. Her being handed off to someone makes the most sense, but is so scary because she could be anywhere. :(
Sounds like this woman is finally talking so hopefully they’ll have more to investigate and get to the bottom of what really happened. So scared for this baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298