Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of the car seat...

SEP 3, 2019
NALANI JOHNSON: Surveillance images show kidnapping suspect, car at Sheetz on Route 22 in Murrysville
As police continue to investigate the death of Nalani Johnson, they're issuing a public plea for any information about her alleged abduction and the woman charged with kidnapping the toddler from Penn Hills.

[...]

Allegheny County police have released surveillance video images of Sharena Nancy and a black 2017 Toyota Yaris that they said the 25-year-old woman was driving when Nalani was taken. Police said the images were captured Saturday evening at Sheetz on Route 22 in Murrysville.

"Now that the Labor Day weekend is over, many of the businesses along the Route 22 corridor are open today and surveillance video that was not available over the weekend may be accessible," county police Superintendent Coleman McDonough said. "In that vein, business owners and private citizens are asked to review any video footage to see if there is anything that may be of interest to investigators.

[...]

Investigators said they want to speak with anyone who knows Nancy. She is being held in the county jail on charges of kidnapping of a minor, interference with custody of children and concealment of whereabouts of a child.

sharena-nancy-car-1567539528.jpg

Surveillance image of car

sharena-nancy-1567539545.jpg

Sharena Nancy surveillance image

No mention of the car seat...

SEP 3, 2019
NALANI JOHNSON: Surveillance images show kidnapping suspect, car at Sheetz on Route 22 in Murrysville
As police continue to investigate the death of Nalani Johnson, they're issuing a public plea for any information about her alleged abduction and the woman charged with kidnapping the toddler from Penn Hills.

[...]

Allegheny County police have released surveillance video images of Sharena Nancy and a black 2017 Toyota Yaris that they said the 25-year-old woman was driving when Nalani was taken. Police said the images were captured Saturday evening at Sheetz on Route 22 in Murrysville.

"Now that the Labor Day weekend is over, many of the businesses along the Route 22 corridor are open today and surveillance video that was not available over the weekend may be accessible," county police Superintendent Coleman McDonough said. "In that vein, business owners and private citizens are asked to review any video footage to see if there is anything that may be of interest to investigators.

[...]

Investigators said they want to speak with anyone who knows Nancy. She is being held in the county jail on charges of kidnapping of a minor, interference with custody of children and concealment of whereabouts of a child.

sharena-nancy-car-1567539528.jpg

Surveillance image of car

sharena-nancy-1567539545.jpg

Sharena Nancy surveillance image

Below is a video of the car being towed. The vehicle above and the vehicle in the video do not look the same to me?

Toddler reportedly abducted in Pennsylvania found dead

Definitely. However, I wonder what role his friend has in all of this, if any. Perhaps his friend didn't know they were having a relationship. What was the fight about that caused her to allegedly kick them out of the car? If this was something planned between her and the father, but the friend didn't know anything about it, perhaps the friend freaked out and demanded that the father call 911 after he allegedly tried to call her on the phone after she took off.
Friend would have known if the child was dead or not.

It would be pretty stupid to set up your own accomplice.

Unless the accomplice wasn't actually an accomplice but a witness you couldn't trust.Maybe they were all at the park when whatever incident occured.They drove around in the car for a few hours trying to come up with a story that would protect all of them.Nancy gets mad,doesn't like any of the plans,makes them get out of the car,and thats when they decide to pin it on her.

My research looks at water in two ways: manner of death versus disposal of a body. Women will use drowning as a way to kill their children (i.e. Andrea Yates and Susan Smith). It's usually women who have never shown any signs of abusing their children, sometimes it's because of a psychotic break or it's a spontaneous act. It can be a very "passive" way to kill a vulnerable child and I can't help but think this might have been the case here. Women are also what I like to call "fast dumpers" and want to get away as quick as possible. Men will use the water more as a way to dump a body as opposed to killing but it does definitely happen. There was a case not too long ago that a man thru his child strapped into a car seat into a river from an overhead bridge and that is what my initial thought was for this little girl too. If she had just been left out in the elements, chances are she would have survived a few nights alone. I hope that answers your question. I really need to spend more time on updating my research, its soul sucking to spend too much time on it

Thanks so much ESO!!!

I don't know if the father were involved in the death of Nalani or not, but there seems to be a lot of people here who seems to be more eager to believe him being able to harm his child, and who not want to think that a woman is willing to harm a child to get even when she's angry at a man, and that she only wanted to help the man hiding a dead child.

I really think this is an excellent theory... What if they left Nalani in the car while they were occupied inside (drugs, sex, etc) and Nalani died in the car. They have an argument about what to do. Nancy doesn't want to report it bc she's got family in India depending on her income so she drives off to dump Nalanis body and the dad calls police... They both tell concocted stories and here we are.

Unless the accomplice wasn't actually an accomplice but a witness you couldn't trust.Maybe they were all at the park when whatever incident occured.They drove around in the car for a few hours trying to come up with a story that would protect all of them.Nancy gets mad,doesn't like any of the plans,makes them get out of the car,and thats when they decide to pin it on her.

I really think this is an excellent theory... What if they left Nalani in the car while they were occupied inside (drugs, sex, etc) and Nalani died in the car. They have an argument about what to do. Nancy doesn't want to report it bc she's got family in India depending on her income so she drives off to dump Nalanis body and the dad calls police... They both tell concocted stories and here we are.

I think the body was dumped before she made dad and friend get out of the car.

Below is a video of the car being towed. The vehicle above and the vehicle in the video do not look the same to me?

Whoa... The wheels don't look the same, nor does the trim/shape of the windows. o_O Good catch, pink!

Here's a side-by-side:

Screenshot 2019-09-04 05.23.43.png Screenshot 2019-09-04 05.33.33.png

Photo 1: Toddler reportedly abducted in Pennsylvania found dead
Photo 2: NALANI JOHNSON: Surveillance images show kidnapping suspect, car at Sheetz on Route 22 in Murrysville

I don't know if the father were involved in the death of Nalani or not, but there seems to be a lot of people here who seems to be more eager to believe him being able to harm his child, and who not want to think that a woman is willing to harm a child to get even when she's angry at a man, and that she only wanted to help the man hiding a dead child.

I would have believed that it went down this way but the police keep insinuating there were more than 1 person involved.I think maybe they may know what happened but are waiting for the actual autopsy reports to prove it and want to give the family time to grieve.

Hi! I am sorry if this was answered before, but after reading through everything I am trying to figure out, was Nalani’s mother in Chicago during this time? Was Nalani just visiting her dad for the holiday weekend? What is the custody agreement? Does her mom have full custody? How often did Nalani see her father if her mother lives in Chicago? Thanks so much. My heart is breaking for this little girl. I hope the family gets the answers it deserves. And justice is served for this sweet baby girl.

Lindsay Ward on Twitter
We just made it to Pine Ridge Park in Blairsville, Indiana County. This is where Nalani Johnson’s body was found yesterday. A makeshift memorial is set up with teddy bears and a lit candle. @KDKA
EDnD5XWXoAAnHoJ.jpg

5:30 AM - 4 Sep 2019

MEGHAN SCHILLER on Twitter
Everyone who followed this abduction case- both locally and out of town- likely feels sick this morning after the worst case scenario happened last night. @LindsayWardTV is live on @KDKA Morning News at the growing park memorial. #NalaniJohnson
5:53 AM - 4 Sep 2019 from Pittsburgh, PA

Mike Holden on Twitter
Sharena Nancy remains locked up in the Allegheny County Jail, charged with kidnapping #NalaniJohnson. Nancy and Nalani’s father were in the beginning of a romantic relationship and got into a fight Saturday night before Nancy drove away with the girl, per police. @WPXI
EDnJ4ZGXUAEnrVm.jpg
EDnJ4ZBX4AET5km.jpg

5:56 AM - 4 Sep 2019

Chris Lovingood WTAE on Twitter
An autopsy is scheduled today in Nalani Johnson’s case—and although Sharena Nancy has been charged with kidnapping, police say they believe she’s involved in Nalani’s case, but they’re trying to determine the extent of Nancy’s involvement.
6:28 AM - 4 Sep 2019

Mike Holden on Twitter
Heartbreaking ending in the search for Little #NalaniJohnson. She will not be coming home for her 2nd birthday. Investigators discovered her body in a Blarisville Park last night. I’m live on @WPXI with the latest on the case right now.
EDnRpQ-XUAELDaL.jpg

6:30 AM - 4 Sep 2019

Lindsay Ward on Twitter
Crime scene tape remains at Pine Ridge Park in Blairsville where Nalani Johnson’s body was found. ⁦@KDKA
EDnYdi0WwAIRxZr.jpg

7:00 AM - 4 Sep 2019

Last edited:
Hi! I am sorry if this was answered before, but after reading through everything I am trying to figure out, was Nalani’s mother in Chicago during this time? Was Nalani just visiting her dad for the holiday weekend? What is the custody agreement? Does her mom have full custody? How often did Nalani see her father if her mother lives in Chicago? Thanks so much. My heart is breaking for this little girl. I hope the family gets the answers it deserves. And justice is served for this sweet baby girl.
We haven't heard much about Nalani's mother but I seem to remember a post that she was in Chicago. I'm still not quite awake... :oops:

She and Nalani's father are seen in this video outside the police station in Greentree during the time LE was searching the park. At about :42 in this video, they share a hug.

NALANI JOHNSON: Toddler abducted from Penn Hills found dead in Indiana County, Pennsylvania

Crime scene tape is still up at Pine Ridge Park in Indiana County where Nalani Johnson’s body was found. We’re awaiting to learn the latest from investigators in her case. I’ve seen several people drive by and take a moment to observe the growing memorial in Nalani’s memory @WTAE
EDnY8IpWkAEY0_1.jpg
EDnY8IqXYAAN9e_.jpg

7:02 AM - 4 Sep 2019

Christine McLarty on Twitter (Video)
AUTOPSY FOR CHILD: An autopsy is scheduled Wednesday for Nalani Johnson. The child from western PA was found dead in a park Tuesday, just before her 2nd birthday. Who killed her, how and why? Stay with @abc27News for the latest.
7:37 AM - 4 Sep 2019

Last edited:
Anyone know what the temperature on Saturday was in Pittsburgh? Pure speculation she could of been left in the car for an extended period of time.

I’m kind of holding out hope that this might of been a terrible accident that was than attempted to be covered up by Nancy and possible other involved parties. Just so hard to imagine how someone could harm this beautiful innocent child. If that’s the case the only way to describe it is pure evilness.

I’m caught up reading and don’t see this answered yet. Saturday was a beautiful day in Pittsburgh. Spent the afternoon on a long motorcycle ride. Partly sunny and mid 70’s. A glorious day. The Amber Alert came at 8:10 pm. We don’t often get the alerts, so it sent me straight to the tv. The local stations had news tickers across the bottom with the alert. They said someone was in custody, but Nalani was still missing.

Sunday was cloudy and low 70s. The storm came Sunday evening and it absolutely poured for a long stretch - lightning, thunder, the big show. It was a brutal, extended storm.

Kept hoping Nalani was safe somewhere and not lost in the woods. I was hoping against hope. We all were.

Good catch! The trim and the wheels are not the same at all! Doesn’t matter what angle either camera caught the car at, those changes in appearance are too much to deny. I wonder if this, combined with the different models put out in the Amber Alert is a hint to the “individualS” mentioned in the press conference yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop