Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEP 4, 2019
Court Paperwork: Nalani Johnson’s Mother Filed For PFA Against Girl’s Father
The mother of Nalani Johnson filed for a Protection from Abuse Order from the girl’s father, Paul Johnson, earlier this year.

[...]

In the petition, the mother of Nalani Johnson alleges that the little girl’s father, Paul Johnson:

1) Tampered with her car causing an accident
2) Ripped her pictures off the walls, cleaned out her fridge, stole her shoes and XBOX
3) Held a gun up to his head, threatening to kill himself, while the little girl was in the backseat
4) Admitted to almost killing Nalani
5) Threatened to kill the mother and “anyone I was with.”
6) Pulled a gun on the mother’s sister who was trying to protect the mother from him

[...]
I’m only just now seeing everything that’s happened in the last 24 hours as my phone charger broke hearing this about the father really bothers me! Mother had been on SM defending Nalanis father just like Maleah Davis mother defended her partner who ended up being the one who killed her daughter! If that is true that he admitted to nearly killing Nalani he should have never been given contact with her again!

Horrible! A lot of people failed precious Nalani included the Allegheny judge who didn't give Nalani a PFA because her mom didn't show up to court. It takes a tremendous amount of effort and several hours to file the initial PFA papers (to get a temporary PFA before the actual court date) which someone did complete.

(I do realize that it's only a piece of paper, but we'll never know if this could have helped because the judge didn't sign it. )

Last edited:
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Twitter
The memorial for Nalani Johnson at the entrance of Pine Ridge Park has grown. A collection of bears, flowers and figurines has gathered to remember the 23-month-old, whose body was found in the park on Tuesday. Sharena Nancy is charged with kidnapping and is in custody.
EDoPzCrX4AALoeF.jpg
EDoPzCoXYAAG0qX.jpg
EDoPzCrXYAI_5J0.jpg

11:02 AM - 4 Sep 2019

I think they were married in February 2018 and then his student visa expired that Spring. A coworker told me it can take a few months for the paperwork to process for citizenship through marriage. So I’m thinking that’s why he was deported for the time being. I can’t figure out why he would have taken the daughter.
Normally when one marries a US citizen one has to start the green card process at the American Embassy in one’s country of origin. They make you do a criminal background check, full health check and also a financial check. They then issue a temporary visa to travel to the US where the green card process takes another year or two. Marrying a US citizen in the US doesn’t cancel these requirements.

I am new here, so I am not sure if I am allowed to link the court documents, but it looks like Sharena Nancy was arrested earlier this year. I am not sure what for tho.
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-02-SA-0000123-2019&dnh=+mFfjaUNYtRrJLoOhzZOjA==

The charge was permitting an unlicensed driver to drive her vehicle.

ETA: She also has another traffic citation from March that was dismissed.

ETA Again: This is a link to the docket for her Kidnapping charges

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docke...-CR-0000489-2019&dnh=Hp7KelPkPzhlR7f+BVZ3uw==

Last edited:
SEP 4, 2019
NALANI JOHNSON: Timeline of abduction, search and discovery of Nalani Johnson
[...]

Sunday, Sept. 1
Sunday morning, Nalani's grandfather, who is also named Paul Johnson, talked to Channel 11 said who said he didn't know Nancy. .

"You know her as a jitney driver," Channel 11 asked. "I didn't know her at all," Johnson said.

[...]

The grandfather. Why would he know her if they were in the beginning of a relationship?

Also, it's weird to me that the media kept using the term "jitney." We don't describe Uber or Lyft that way.

The grandfather. Why would he know her if they were in the beginning of a relationship?

Also, it's weird to me that the media kept using the term "jitney." We don't describe Uber or Lyft that way.
I wouldn't expect him to know her but I think it's good that the reporter asked - just in case he could tell them anything about her.

They are using the term "jitney" because at the time, SN wasn't driving for Uber or Lyft despite the stickers being displayed on her vehicle.

MOO

No mention of the car seat...

Investigators said they want to speak with anyone who knows Nancy. She is being held in the county jail on charges of kidnapping of a minor, interference with custody of children and concealment of whereabouts of a child.

sharena-nancy-car-1567539528.jpg

Surveillance image of car

sharena-nancy-1567539545.jpg

Sharena Nancy surveillance image
Snipped by me respectfully- I found the the line that I bolded to be interesting. Interferrence with custody of children? Not child, but children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop