Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragic outcome.

Whatever happened, based on what LE released, seems to have escalated quickly and ended with a presumably murdered child within a short time frame.

The park where they recovered the little girl. It looks open and grassy. Was she found in the open? I'm assuming she was not really concealed but that might be wrong assumption on my end.

It's very wooded. The open area in all the media shots where police were staged is an entry road and behind that appears to be a clearing for power lines. Other than that, the rest of the park is wooded.

Pine Ridge Park Information | Indiana County Parks & Trails

SEP 4, 2019
Community Paying Respects To Nalani Johnson At Makeshift Memorial
[...]

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

[...]

“She was a beautiful little girl,” said CB, who visited the memorial on Wednesday.

MO and CB held back tears while talking about Johnson’s death.

[...]

“She deserved more than this,” CB said. “She was precious, little sweetheart.”

(Source: Allegheny County Police)

The two women at the memorial Wednesday are from Blairsville and said they didn’t know the girl or her family but came out to the memorial to show their support.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

An autopsy was expected today. When do you think the public will get the results? If ever? How long does an autopsy usually take?

Good question. I imagine they will complete the autopsy today, but whether we will get any results from it today is doubtful, especially as it is still an active investigation. However, I have found local LE and PSP to be pretty open and forthcoming providing the public with information so I think it just depends on whether that info needs to be kept under wraps.

An autopsy was expected today. When do you think the public will get the results? If ever? How long does an autopsy usually take?
The autopsy will be completed today. Toxicology results can take weeks to months. Depending on the cause of death, additional testing may be necessary. IMO, we should hear the preliminary autopsy results fairly quickly. Possibly today. MOO

They have photo evidence that Nancy was in Monroeville on Rt 22 near Miracle Mile Shopping center around 5:30-5:45. They also have photo evidence that Nancy was at Sheetz in Delmont (further east than Monroeville) about 6:00. She clearly left Penn Hills and went east towards Blairsville after the kidnapping was called into 911.
Yes, I know this, but is there evidence that Nalani was in the car? As well as the car seat? We haven't heard anything about Nalani herself being present in those videos, at least to my knowledge. Did I miss something? I could have- had surgery yesterday and I admit, I didn't retain much info like I would have liked- rereading things now to make sure I haven't missed anything. Sorry if I did.

Yes, I know this, but is there evidence that Nalani was in the car? As well as the car seat? We haven't heard anything about Nalani herself being present in those videos, at least to my knowledge. Did I miss something? I could have- had surgery yesterday and I admit, I didn't retain much info like I would have liked- rereading things now to make sure I haven't missed anything. Sorry if I did.
I don't believe I read or heard anything about a sighting of her on video (LE may be withholding this information)- just the suspect IIRC. I wonder if she was in the trunk? JMO

The autopsy will be completed today. Toxicology results can take weeks to months. Depending on the cause of death, additional testing may be necessary. IMO, we should hear the preliminary autopsy results fairly quickly. Possibly today. MOO

Thanks PommyMommy. So you feel that LE will release the results to the public even though it's still an active investigation?

Just to play devil's advocate here ... if the PFA you are referencing back in April was so damning, and the mother felt so threatened, then why didn't she appear in court to extend the PFA? That could lead one to believe she no longer felt threatened or in any kind of danger.
I wish that I had an answer for that question, but only the mother knows why she didn't show up. I'm wondering myself, after what happened back in April, how she was so sure that the father was telling the truth about what happened to Nalani- especially after all of what she went through just a few months back? Unless she was trying to stay supportive to see if he would reveal more information to her, or, she could still be afraid of him but was hoping Nalani would be found alive and ok.

Lindsay Ward on Twitter
I talked to these two women who dropped off candles and a stuffed animal at this makeshift memorial in Pine Ridge Park in Blairsville. This park is where Nalani Johnson’s body was found. What the women had to say about the death at noon on @KDKA
EDobPMtW4AAfyLM.jpg

11:52 AM - 4 Sep 2019

I woke up this morning just feeling mentally uncomfortable about going to that site, so didn’t/won’t. Hadn’t thought about the news hanging around, so I’m happy I didn’t go.
Waiting to see about any family wishes they may announce or public memorial, etc. if nothing, I’ll donate this teddy bear and pinwheel in her name to Children’s hospital downtown. Going to catch up with the rest of posts now.

In the petition, the mother of Nalani Johnson alleges that the little girl’s father, Paul Johnson:

1) Tampered with her car causing an accident
2) Ripped her pictures off the walls, cleaned out her fridge, stole her shoes and XBOX
3) Held a gun up to his head, threatening to kill himself, while the little girl was in the backseat
4) Admitted to almost killing Nalani
5) Threatened to kill the mother and “anyone I was with.”
6) Pulled a gun on the mother’s sister who was trying to protect the mother and little girl from him
upload_2019-9-4_13-26-6.jpeg

Court records confirm that Duarte was scheduled to appear in court on April 30 to finalize the PFA, but did not show up. The temporary PFA then expired.
Court Paperwork: Nalani Johnson’s Mother Filed For PFA Against Girl’s Father

Last edited:
So, the bottom line here is that nothing originally reported in this case has proven to be true, at least as far as the public knows.

I think the only things we can say we know as facts are that the father lied (saying he didn’t have any type of relationship with SN), and that Nalani is deceased and discovered (likely hidden) in a park.

We know of no evidence that proves Nalani was in the car at any point (although I suspect she was, just not when they are saying). We have no evidence that SN drove away, kidnapping Nalani. There appears to be no evidence of Nalani being “delivered” to a buyer. (“We” meaning the general public.)

Here is what a possible scenario:

Father killed Nalani. SN and friend either witnessed it or he confided in them.

They took Nalani’s body to the park.

They then went to the area where they were supposedly being dropped off, and SN left the two men there and drove away.

Father called the police and reported a kidnapping.

SN drives around aimlessly waiting to be apprehended.

(Here’s where I think things went sideways with their plan: she realized she was in big trouble if they can prove the baby was in her car, so she changes the game and says the father was selling the baby.)

I think the original plan is that he was going to say she kidnapped the baby, but she would of course deny that she had the baby, making sure she was seen on camera so there would be proof of no baby in the car...meanwhile, he is there with his friend who says the baby was with SN, so father blames her, she blames him, and they thought there would not be be enough evidence to arrest/charge either of them, and LE wouldn’t be able to prove who actually had the baby last. This all depended on three of them sticking to the same story and her body not being found.

I think LE provided enough proof to SN of her whereabouts that day that she gave in but then put the blame on the father, thinking she’d get off easier if she was just someone who drove the baby from Point A to Point B.

Maybe that’s a ridiculous possibility. But that’s where my brain went. The short version is that I think they both knew Nalani was dead and agrees to cover for each other so neither one would get in trouble.

I don’t believe even for one second that she is in this alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop