Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I’m a little surprised. Those car seats are big and awkward to carry. Evenflo’s site says it weighs 9.6lbs. NAMUS said Nalani weighed 30lbs. That would be a difficult 40lbs to carry for most people imo. It leads me to believe Nalani was deceased before being removed from the car or not struggling/fussing for some reason while being carried through the park. My own kids turned into Tasmanian devils with 15 arms at 2 years old when they didn’t want to be in their car seats.

I wonder the same thing. Didn’t someone say there were terrible storms Sunday?
I do think carrying the car seat with the child in it would have been hard to handle? If Nalani was alive I would think she would have been very scared and crying maybe?
If i go back to what my initial thoughts were when I first heard of Nalani going missing I thought Nancy had took the child and left her alive somewhere in woods I was hopeful she would be found alive if that woman put her in that park alive and didn’t tell the police where to find her before it was to late She is a special type of evil! I’m not sure where she was found was it near houses if it was more secluded then people may not have heard her crying

I do think carrying the car seat with the child in it would have been hard to handle? If Nalani was alive I would think she would have been very scared and crying maybe?
This is such a terrible and disturbing thing to picture! My heart hurts.

Well that is interesting. No visible trauma. Several of us thought that perhaps she was already deceased before Nancy took off with her.

Pulling my hair out. Accidentally overdosed on a drug laying around? Alcohol poisoning?

If she had just passed away of a medical emergency, they could have just called 911.
We need that autopsy report. Do we know if she had any medical conditions?

The reporter said he or someone at KDKA spoke to the DA (or DA's office?) - they were having a meeting about the jurisdictional issue... MOO

I heard the same report from KDKA/ John Shumway ON THE TV at 6 PM EST I heard Shumway say Nalani was probably still alive when left in the park and she was left to “nature. ” He also said she may have died from dehydration. Now when I play this link back - this whole piece is missing. Perhaps the reporter gave out too much info and it was edited out. I’ll continue to look for a link to this info.

I heard the same report from KDKA/ John Shumway ON THE TV at 6 PM EST I heard Shumway say Nalani was probably still alive when left in the park and she was left to “nature. ” He also said she may have died from dehydration. Now when I play this link back - this whole piece is missing. Perhaps the reporter gave out too much info and it was edited out. I’ll continue to look for a link to this info.
My theory is Nancy and Nalanis dad had an argument in the car in her rage she’s driven off with the child and left her somewhere maybe hoping she would Be found then when the police have arrested her she’s panicked and she doesn’t want to tell the police she kidnapped the child so she made up the story about the dad selling his daughter

If it turns out she was alive in her car seat when left out there, it does seem maybe an impulsive, rash decision to speed off with her and just dump her. But if so for her not to cooperate and fess up to where she was???!! OMG. That is a monster.

Anyone know how long it takes to determine the location of a cell phone ping?

If Nancy’s phone ping ultimately led police to the location at Pine Ridge Park, I cannot help but wonder if they had gotten there on Saturday night or Sunday, might Nalani have still been alive?

I realize autopsy will give a time of death, and we have so much more to learn.

But I can’t get this thought out of my head.

SEP 4, 2019
PFA filed against Nalani Johnson's father, 4 months before police say toddler was kidnapped while in his care
[...]

According to the protection from abuse paperwork, Duarte wrote, "After picking me up from work he snatched my phone out of my hand, pulled over, pulled his gun and put it to his head threatening to kill himself. My daughter was in the backseat. He then admitted to almost killing my daughter and himself."

A judge ordered Johnson to surrender all of his weapons, excluded him from the home he shared with Duarte and granted only supervised visitation with Nalani.

According to Penn Hills Police Chief Howard Burton, the PFA expired April 30 and was not active at the time police said Nalani went missing while in the care of her father on Saturday.

[...]

Omg. I didn’t see the 6 pm news. So it’s true. She was left to die. I’m sick.

This is such a terrible and disturbing thing to picture! My heart hurts.

Jumping off here with this latest news report.
I know we’re still waiting on official autopsy reports. Prior to her being found, I was really hoping that Nalani’s was just dropped off somewhere (not in water) still in her car seat alive and just needed to be found. Not that it would of been ideal, but better than my mind going to the alternative of death.
Now, picturing her out there alive all alone for 3 days so afraid, those Sunday pm storms.... I can only hope she was deceased in a quick and painless way prior to. Ugh, typing all that make me want to throw up.
Just asking, but if dropped off alive there, how long could she have lived without food and water?
Has any info been given as to where in the park, sheltered under a tree maybe, how far off the roads in the parks?
I don’t think we know when the cell records were obtained do we? Seems IMO may be not until yesterday then she was found quickly and if so, why still after Kelsey Smith does it take days for LE to receive cellular records!
While it does bug me the amber alert wasn’t received until 8:10, PGH and it’s 2+ hour possible driving distance (at that time) really wouldn’t have told anyone where to look, IMO without those cell pings, I don’t think.

Yes. It stormed fiercely Sunday evening. Lightning strikes all over the place. Rained very hard for several hours. Flash flood warnings etc.

Wow, I’m a little surprised. Those car seats are big and awkward to carry. Evenflo’s site says it weighs 9.6lbs. NAMUS said Nalani weighed 30lbs. That would be a difficult 40lbs to carry for most people imo. It leads me to believe Nalani was deceased before being removed from the car or not struggling/fussing for some reason while being carried through the park. My own kids turned into Tasmanian devils with 15 arms at 2 years old when they didn’t want to be in their car seats.

I was thinking the same. But, the person that just dropped her off at that location, also could’ve just driven a little off road and slid the seat out as to not have to carry it far. IMO from the google maps, pics and news videos of the taped off location area, that’s a possibility.

Yes. It stormed fiercely Sunday evening. Lightning strikes all over the place. Rained very hard for several hours. Flash flood warnings etc.

My thoughts when I thought she could have been left out alive and remembering the mention of terrible storms, I thought drowning. If she is face up in a car seat, she could have been crying. Little folks tend to keep their mouths wide open when they scream and cry. It would be horrific!! I hope Nancy gets exactly what she deserves!! And it is just as horrific!
Edit by me for spelling.

I was thinking the same. But, the person that just dropped her off at that location, also could’ve just driven a little off road and slid the seat out as to not have to carry it far. IMO from the google maps, pics and news videos of the taped off location area, that’s a possibility.
True and she could have just drug the car seat. She obviously did not care about protecting little Nalani from danger.

I want to know the same. Was it a bystander who didn't see anything like bruises, torn clothing, etc.

Or did it come from someone in LE?
TV news stated paraphrasing, a member of LE told KDKA that she had no visible signs of trauma. That still leaves many possibilities of death prior to dumping, IMO.
Either alive or not when left, one good thought is if no visible signs, animals didn’t get to this precious girl. I’m so sorry to be graphic. My mind overnight and all day until hearing this was fearing the coyote population PGH areas are having. :(

Your first sentence is correct. However, that doesn't necessarily mean her father lied. One news channel reports per grandma that Nancy is "unknown" to the family, and others regurgitate it. This happens frequently in the beginnings of these cases. Then when corrected info comes out, it appears like people are lying. Unless the police make a statement about dad being dishonest, I will chalk it up to the hazards of early reporting.
Also, his Dad has the same name and was quoted that he (Nalani’s Grandpa) didn’t know Nancy.
As for the PFA.... unfortunately none of know if it was originally filed out of truth, or retaliation for whatever in a domestic dispute. I’m hoping the latter and that Nalani ever being in danger from one of her parents isn’t true. HOPING, but sill keep an open mind until more facts come out. Perhaps pie in the sky thinking on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46