GUILTY Pa - One Adult, 20 Students Stabbed At Murrysville High School, 9 April 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pokemon ?

Isn't that for really young kids? I know mine liked it was he was little and he liked those other stupid expensive cards Yo Gi Oh or some such nonsense.

I hear lots of kids are into that Japanese anime and being a "furry"
I'll never understand that. I asked my kid and his friends. They don't either... But there are lots if kids into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMVHO - yep! But he was into it...

gee, is Pokemon still around??? I remember that from 15 years ago...........

Well, I think JerseyGirl was being facetious (I know, I know, it is hard to believe that us Jersey Girls can be that way! :facepalm:).

But you know, the "Brady Bunch" types like their Pokemon....so I've been told.

On a serious note, our kids really need to learn coping skills 'cause we've been seeing to much of them snapping and killing innocent people. They have to learn that not everyone is going to be the Prom King, not everyone will have a perfect SAT score, not everyone is going to like them, not everyone will have the latest and best car (insert jeans, sneakers, phones, concert tickets, webpage, yadda, yadda).

How can parents and caretakers teach coping skills? Does our current trend of supporting "entitlement" and "everyone is a winner" set some kids up for failure when they really don't buy it and it does not play out in the real world? I dunno'?????

Well, I think JerseyGirl was being facetious (I know, I know, it is hard to believe that us Jersey Girls can be that way! :facepalm:).

On a serious note, our kids really need to learn coping skills 'cause we've been seeing to much of them snapping and killing innocent people. They have to learn that not everyone is going to be the Prom King, not everyone will have a perfect SAT score, not everyone is going to like them, not everyone will have the latest and best car (insert jeans, sneakers, phones, concert tickets, webpage, yadda, yadda).

How can parents and caretakers teach coping skills? Does our current trend of supporting "entitlement" and "everyone is a winner" set some kids up for failure when they really don't buy it and it does not play out in the real world? I dunno'?????

I almost wish I was. :(

The trick is finding the happy medium - which is in all honesty being harder & harder to find.

He was into The Elder Scrolls, too. Anybody know anything about TES?

I'm lost. Please explain.

I tried to google it and my computer freezes............what is this? a game?

Yes, it's an online video game. I'm unfamiliar with it but I've heard of it. I googled it & looks like a rpg. He mentioned TES IV on his FB. TES also has a chat option in real time, just like most online rpg games do. Maybe that has something to do with why his FB wall looks so barren. Maybe his presence was more seen on the chat functions of the online games he plays.

Attorney Patrick Thomassey = Pittsburgh's version of Mark Geragos. Criminal defense attorney who never met a camera he won't stop in front of. Notice how many statements he's put out already?

-------------------

Anybody posting here who was ever bullied as a child? I was. For wearing glasses at a time when you just didn't see small children in glasses. Oh, and I participated in "Duck and Cover" exercises up until Junior High School. And we were told all about the Russians and how they might bomb us with nuclear bombs. No games of sardines for us. It was all we hate the Communists and they hate us!

How did any of us ever manage to grow up without violently killing our classmates?

Sounds like a very lonely life, isolated, immersed in fantasy play.
Does he actually have friends?
How old are they?

Yes, it's an online video game. I'm unfamiliar with it but I've heard of it. I googled it & looks like a rpg. He mentioned TES IV on his FB. TES also has a chat option in real time, just like most online rpg games do. Maybe that has something to do with why his FB wall looks so barren. Maybe his presence was more seen on the chat functions of the online games he plays.

Sorry to quote myself. My oldest computer geek son just told me TES isn't just for a computer, it's also on PS3 & XBox360. It's a single player rpg game. I'm looking to see if it has a chat function since its single player.

TES IV was game of the year.

Omg why is it so hard to find out if it has a real time chat function or not! Ugh!

Attorney Patrick Thomassey = Pittsburgh's version of Mark Geragos. Criminal defense attorney who never met a camera he won't stop in front of. Notice how many statements he's put out already?

-------------------

Anybody posting here who was ever bullied as a child? I was. For wearing glasses at a time when you just didn't see small children in glasses. Oh, and I participated in "Duck and Cover" exercises up until Junior High School. And we were told all about the Russians and how they might bomb us with nuclear bombs. No games of sardines for us. It was all we hate the Communists and they hate us!

How did any of us ever manage to grow up without violently killing our classmates?

:grouphug:

Sorry to quote myself. My oldest computer geek son just told me TES isn't just for a computer, it's also on PS3 & XBox360. It's a single player rpg game. I'm looking to see if it has a chat function since its single player.

Omg why is it so hard to find out if it has a real time chat function or not! Ugh!

learning more & more everyday..............I thought TES IV was a drug IV
LOL

-------------------

Nuclear war and nuclear meltdowns after 3 mile island...scary!

Most of my childhood friends turned to drugs and alcohol. It was the 1980's and most of mine didn't survive to see the year 2000. I never got to either one. It was sad to loose so many I cared about, they were so young.

I am in the burbs here and funny never heard of or seen this attorney before

Son says no chat feature within the game- but one can always use the chat feature of the Xbox360 & on PS3

Son says no chat feature within the game- but one can always use the chat feature of the Xbox360 & on PS3

Please let your son know I said Thank You!

Ok, now I wonder what platform he played this game on...or what did he use most. If he had a PS3 or XBox360, I wonder if police took that too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back