Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of Paul, his family and friends... :praying:

Was there something about the body that was pulled from the water that made it more or less likely to be Paul, or have those details not been released? Either way prayers for the family of whomever this individual is. Any idea how long an ID or rule out should most likely take?

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/8032371-74/kochu-body-pittsburgh#axzz3VHzXDfy7

Kochu said she has been on the phone with police in Pittsburgh and Wheeling since the remains were pulled out of the water.

“They think the person came from up north. The detective said the body was very bloated and discolored, so they weren't sure if he was black or white,” Kochu said. “He had no clothes on, but they feel the current is so strong that they could have come off in the water. The detective said it appears the body had been in the water for anywhere from one to three months.”

Kochu said she has not been contacted about the results of an autopsy scheduled for Monday.

That poor dear woman. What a horrible thing to have to hear. Let's hope answers come soon.

Was there something about the body that was pulled from the water that made it more or less likely to be Paul, or have those details not been released? Either way prayers for the family of whomever this individual is. Any idea how long an ID or rule out should most likely take?

Based on what OkieGranny posted above, it definitely sounds like a strong possibility of it being him. As far as how long it will take, since they have dentals, I would think they could do it fairly quickly, I think they would know today or tomorrow.

I can't imagine the pain and anguish the family is going through right now...:(

Oh goodness, the agony of waiting must be horrendous. If you look at the Find Paul fb page today "they" post about numbers and how "they" (the poster) are hoping that due to several numbers adding up, and being flipped, and that today is day 99. Paul's jersey number etc. is 9, and they hope that something will happen today! So perhaps they are preparing themselves for the findings no matter the outcome, or maybe they already know more than they are able to let on.

But I have a question, no matter who it is, since they are unable to determine race, will they be able to determine COD? I assume it would be based on wether or not the deceased had water in the lungs, right?

"An autopsy is set for Tuesday."

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/8032371-74/kochu-body-pittsburgh#axzz3VHzXDfy7

I don't know how to put this delicately.
I am wondering about this UID.
The article mentions the body is bloated and discolored, and they don't know if this individual is black or white.

In other cases on WS for UID's, hair color is mentioned, or they knew the race by the hair.

It is said that Paul has short brown Hair.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/27583

Paul's dentals have also been entered and charted in NamUs.

I wonder if this UID had an intact body?

I will stop there.

IMOO.

It is very possible that any body that travels in icy water will be beat up. I'm wondering if dentals would be useless if the body was jostled around too much. The discolored worries me. That could be from dirty water, time in the water or other factors. Discolored could mean lighter, like the body fluid has totally been replaced by water and the body looked also tranlucent or darker, like major decomp and sun exposure. Bodies do weird things in water but thankfully it's cold. Remember the bodies they were pulling during Katrina? Heat is bad.

The part saying "he was a big guy" is useless to me. A body can bloat 2-3x bigger than it original size.

Sorry for anyone who just ate lunch.

It is very possible that any body that travels in icy water will be beat up. I'm wondering if dentals would be useless if the body was jostled around too much. The discolored worries me. That could be from dirty water, time in the water or other factors. Discolored could mean lighter, like the body fluid has totally been replaced by water and the body looked also tranlucent or darker, like major decomp and sun exposure. Bodies do weird things in water but thankfully it's cold. Remember the bodies they were pulling during Katrina? Heat is bad.

The part saying "he was a big guy" is useless to me. A body can bloat 2-3x bigger than it original size.

Sorry for anyone who just ate lunch.

Perhaps they mean not only size but height as well? IMOO.

His NamUs states:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/27583

"Height (inches) 72.0 to 73.0 "
"Weight (pounds) 180.0 to 200.0 "

Possible. But the last time I saw a dead body, the last thing I noticed was height. ��

Joking aside, I hope some kind of results or ID comes soon. Waiting must be anguishing.

That's only after a week but still a good example. The coloring is kinda like what I was talking about. The water floods the body and you really can't tell race.

WV I believe is one state that has a "body farm" where they can constantly learn about different ways to autospy a body after an array of circumstances. Whatever they find, I'm comfortable with their findings.

So, if the body found is indeed PK, how far would he have traveled in the river..approx?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back