Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been speculating a bit. I'm still wondering if the roommates came home, WHILE Paul was still there and continued the earlier argument that now becomes quickly physical, causing the hand injury, possible head injury and he got roughed up a bit. Did Paul storm out? Did the roommates kick him out? Is it an angered gait we see him walking with along with a fresh defensive hand injury and a buzz from earlier drinking? Just me wondering and brainstorming. Where are you Paul?

Some observations:

It's interesting that the roommates are not listed as friends on Paul's Facebook page.

It's interesting that the roommates really don't have a social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

I continue to put my focus on WHERE he was headed on foot after he left the house. The incidents (back story, if you will) that took place prior may shed light on WHY he left, but I don’t think if we know why it would help us figure out what happened to him.

If Paul was trying to get away from a dangerous situation, he would have driven his car. Agree? There is a reason he set out on foot rather than driving. Why is the question. Earlier I thought that it was because he needed one hand to put pressure on the other to stop the bleeding; thus, he couldn’t hold the steering wheel. Walking to the hospital, as impractical as that may be, is all I can come up with. I do not think he just walked out of the house in a huff and was walking off anger or frustration. For one thing, his family has written on FB a few times that Paul did not like the cold. Therefore, I don’t think he would be out walking in it needlessly.

LE is not treating Paul’s disappearance due to foul play (moo). If they, were, the case would not have grown cool. Not saying this is a cold case, but I don’t think LE is putting much effort into locating him.

Taking information from old, and various, news articles and writings will give you some incorrect information. Some articles put their own spin on things, changing the wording and often ending up with errors and inaccuracy. Most (if not all) of the information coming from the parents was gotten from the roommates.

The first reporting of Paul's disappearance mentioned that there was an argument at the bar and that is why Paul left (intoxicated). I can't find the link to that information on the web anymore. That information was relayed by the roommates to the parents. Then the parents mentioned it in interviews, using their own words that changed the meaning a little bit. The aunt, who gets her information likely from her sister (Paul's mother) talks about 'tempers needing to cool' (or something to that effect). Then some of you take that and run with it, thinking there was some heated and maybe physical thing going on between all of these guys. My point in all this rambling is that I think some people are relying on poor sources of information and not verifying what is fact and what is not.

I agree with you, DK. Just the changing of a word or a description can change the whole scenerio. "Emotional". Now does that mean angry or does that mean teary? Unfortunately we have so very little to work with so we have to use the little we have. I mean, when was the last time we had some new inforamtion? When the video came out? Some one brought up a very question a few days ago. Has any of the bar patrons or staff at "Smokey Joes" been interviewed? They very well may have and LE is just not releasing that information, but like you said, it doesn't seem like LE is all over this case. IMO, it seems like they have very little involvement.

Here's is a good recent example of an article dated March 12 with erroneous information.

"The latest police have to go on is surveillance video showing Paul walking home early that Tuesday morning. His roommates say Paul decided to walk home from a bar because he cut his hand on a glass. His roommates say they came home to help Paul with his hand, then left the apartment to go get food."

source: http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regio...olds-out-hope-of-finding-missing-son/31770996

The mother put this up on FB today. Didn't she read the article and have them correct it? Do you guys see what I mean about the errors out there? Someone not following this case as closely as I and some others are will read this and think it is correct.

Wfmz is a sloppy source. They report bad info on a regular basis. They are a d-list news station north of Philly. I'm not sure why the family wouldnt ask for a correction. Maybe she shared it just because they mentioned Paul?

It was a post here. It was a super long one from muffet. She made several observations from the old thread.

That article from wfmz is extremely incorrect.. But If It were true, it definitely makes the roommates look guilty.

Its been so long since he went missing and wfmz goes heavily by tips. That leads me to think the family contacted the station to do a story. Maybe the family gave a condensed version of events to the reporter and in turn the story is what it is? I'd think they'd want Pitt news to cover the story since that where he went missing and that's where you want people to be on the look out.

There is most likely other video the police have not released. We have no idea what is or is not on said potential videos.
I always refer to the old saying, "No body, no crime". The law says he could still be alive. They need to find him to put the pieces of the puzzle, albeit a lot of info we don't know, in place. There are many cases where LE has a pretty good idea what happened but making an arrest(s) without solid evidence would allow a murderer to walk. Paul needs to be found to help put the person(s) away if in fact there was foul play.

Det Klimpt, I don't think he got in his car because he was drinking and a DUI would effect his job.

Some observations:

It's interesting that the roommates are not listed as friends on Paul's Facebook page.

It's interesting that the roommates really don't have a social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

Here is Paul's Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/T_Varisuness

I have observed that he did have interaction with his roommates through social media accounts.

IMOO.

Can someone tell me why my posts are disappearing? Is it because I referred a deleted post?

Can someone tell me why my posts are disappearing? Is it because I referred a deleted post?

It may be because your post included fb information or rumors. I am not saying that was in your posts, but we can no longer access the first thread. I just spoke to a moderator and they pulled the first thread because of this, so they may be hyper vigilant in everyone's posts and what they contain. Again, I'm not accusing you of this, just a suggestion to help you out

That makes sense. I couldn't access the link to back up my statement so it could be taken as conjecture.

Here's is a good recent example of an article dated March 12 with erroneous information.

"The latest police have to go on is surveillance video showing Paul walking home early that Tuesday morning. His roommates say Paul decided to walk home from a bar because he cut his hand on a glass. His roommates say they came home to help Paul with his hand, then left the apartment to go get food."

source: http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regio...olds-out-hope-of-finding-missing-son/31770996

The mother put this up on FB today. Didn't she read the article and have them correct it? Do you guys see what I mean about the errors out there? Someone not following this case as closely as I and some others are will read this and think it is correct.

I'm not so sure I agree this is sloppy reporting or wrong info.

I'm not so sure I agree this is sloppy reporting or wrong info.
You're kidding, right? There are direct quotes from one or both of the roommates that say he went home, cut his hand, and then called them to come home and assist. I am sure this information has been verified by LE. I believe the roommates and it sounds like you may not.

http://www.wtae.com/news/pittsburgh-police-looking-for-missing-south-side-man/3030
Ben Monito, Kochu’s roommate, said they were watching a football game at Smokin' Joe's Saloon on East Carson Street. Monito said his roommate was intoxicated and went home around midnight.

"He called us a little bit after saying that he was cut, he cut himself on broken glass or something, so we came home, helped clean that up and got the bleeding to stop,” Monito said. "At the time, he was really emotional."

I know where that newspaper got their wording. It was from the latest missing poster. That poster indicates he cut himself at the bar and went home. I think that is very incorrect.

You're kidding, right? There are direct quotes from one or both of the roommates that say he went home, cut his hand, and then called them to come home and assist. I am sure this information has been verified by LE. I believe the roommates and it sounds like you may not.

http://www.wtae.com/news/pittsburgh-police-looking-for-missing-south-side-man/3030
Ben Monito, Kochu’s roommate, said they were watching a football game at Smokin' Joe's Saloon on East Carson Street. Monito said his roommate was intoxicated and went home around midnight.

"He called us a little bit after saying that he was cut, he cut himself on broken glass or something, so we came home, helped clean that up and got the bleeding to stop,” Monito said. "At the time, he was really emotional."

I know where that newspaper got their wording. It was from the latest missing poster. That poster indicates he cut himself at the bar and went home. I think that is very incorrect.

Nope, not kidding. This is the information taken off a missing poster flyer. (can be found on the #findpaul twitter page)
I do not think that is sloppy reporting. The reporter took it directly from the missing person flyer.

I do however question the punctuation on the one particular flyer that could be what is confusing. Is the flyer is missing punctuation? "Around midnight he went home to his apartment (COMMA or PERIOD needed here??) after cutting his hand on a water glass. (COMMA needed here also?) His roommates returned home to help him...
That comma or period makes a huge difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back