Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, guys:

For What It's worth....

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/police-missing-22-year-old-last-seen-south-side/njWYJ/

"Updated: 8:57 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 21, 2014 | Posted: 3:40 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014"

"The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Missing Persons Unit said Paul Kochu was last seen at his Wharton Street residence around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday."

Ok, so that article first posted on Dec. 18th at 3:40PM.

Now UNDER THIS PHOTO IN LINK...

https://www.facebook.com/wpxi/posts/10152473654116615?fref=hovercard

AT 7:03PM, Dec. 18th, a summary of what Paul's sister says
is that he was reported missing at 1:30 am, but the police got it wrong in his statement, so I don't know who's statement
she is referring to, and is she referring to That specific time being wrong, or that specific time being correct.

Perhaps you all have any ideas on this?

IMOO.

So we do not know where the search was. North Park is just a guess?

I don't think he's adamantly believing the roommates. There's nothing besides a Nancy Grace-like speculation to not believe the roommates.

It's a shame groovy girl no longer participates because she was an excellent source of info. I hope she wasn't scared away by some of the militant posts about the roommates.

I don't know what happened to Paul, none of us do but the lack of info, leads, tips or anything else from LE after all this time, leads me to think only Paul knows what happened to Paul. If things were going towards the roommates, the le would be moving a lot faster. The longer time drags on....

AT 7:03PM, Dec. 18th, a summary of what Paul's sister says
is that he was reported missing at 1:30 am, but the police got it wrong in his statement, so I don't know who's statement
she is referring to, and is she referring to That specific time being wrong, or that specific time being correct.

Perhaps you all have any ideas on this?
This could explain why GroovyGirl saying they left at 2:00 am doesn't match LE saying they left at 1:30. Which is very possible, but then it further complicates the information about a 1:30 text and 1:49 phone contact since 2:00 am places PK with his roommates at those times.

I continue to believe there is a reason LE insists on sticking with 1:30. Roommates could have reported one thing, and LE could have formed another conclusion upon investigation of their statements.

So we do not know where the search was. North Park is just a guess?
North Park is the only logical conclusion based on my living in the North Hills almost my entire life. Regardless, I can't imagine a search and rescue organization looking at a map of the area near McDonalds and not deciding to check North Park first.

It's a shame groovy girl no longer participates because she was an excellent source of info. I hope she wasn't scared away by some of the militant posts about the roommates.
It's possible her friends pointed out her posting here wasn't helping the roommates. Her posts raised even more suspicion for me. That nutty excuse she said they gave for why Paul was subsequently seen on a video 6 minutes after they initially claimed to have arrived home just screamed bullcocky to me. That could have been something they only told friends and not LE. That sort of talking is what often gets people convicted in court later in many cases throughout the history of time.

If things were going towards the roommates, the le would be moving a lot faster. The longer time drags on....
How much faster do you think LE can find PK's body? Think about it. LE needs PK's body.

I think if it was the roommates, the le would have understandably put the heat on and the roommates would lead them to a body.

I have experience in broadcast and family in law enforcement, this case is playing out like many accidental death cases.

I can't remember the post, but someone early on the fb page was searching homeless camp nearby and then dropped off. Not sure if the leads dropped off or if the homeless were uncooperative.

I think if it was the roommates, the le would have understandably put the heat on and the roommates would lead them to a body.

I have experience in broadcast and family in law enforcement, this case is playing out like many accidental death cases.
That's just as much speculation as anything else. It's also possible LE is letting them feel safe so they continue to say stupid things to their friends. Since LE could do either, LE's not putting heat on the roommates doesn't conclude anything for me.

My logical cliff note version. I think there was a substantial disagreement at the bar. Paul left in anger. The roommates came home and the tension and argument continued . Probably a few attempted punches thrown. Despite that they've been drinking, the roommates leave for McDonald's to leave the situation.
I don't believe that happened, but it is at least logical. If I knew these guys, I could better form an opinion of your thinking here. If I am to believe Paul's mother, Paul was a gentle, loving type. He would not be the type to be throwing punches I don't think.

heartgoesout said:
They stop at the park and finish off a joint, discard a bloody towel and toss Paul's wallet they stole. (this is all speculating on why they searched the park, there's a reason and they're looking for something!)
Except for the joint smoke, the other part is not reasonable to believe. They stole his wallet and discarded a bloody towel...um, no way. We don't even know if they searched any park. If they did, my thinking is that the family got the cousin to get the rescue people to search there because the family is grabbing at straws for answers. I don't think there is any secret information out there to cause someone to search that area.

heartgoesout said:
They come home, Paul is even angrier as he's had more time to stew and drink. Tempers flare again. Now there's a good fight. On both ends, some serious punches thrown, a glass thrown, some wrestling, a head punch etc...The roommates told Paul to get out. He's ticked, he's hurt and buzzed. We see him on the video. He may not even know where he's going!
I'm actually chuckling out loud right now. But ok, this is logical and possible too although I think it's far fetched. Probably it's because I am at a loss for what they could argue about that would create such fury.

heartgoesout said:
So to answer your question, Det. K. I suspect the roommates indirectly caused harm to Paul that night that contributed indirectly to his disappearance. I suspect the whole story has not been told out of fear. I do not have the answers. That's why I question. I'm glad you question, that's what makes us think!
Ok, I can buy into this; that the roommates were the cause of Paul leaving the house. But that's not the issue. The issue is what happened to him and I do not think the roommates have anything to do with that. I will accept that they caused him to leave.

Not knowing is why in the back of my head I still question: Did one of the roommates go after Paul, undetected by cameras? Did Paul slip in the river? Did he go to the Get Go and we should be questioning those employees? Did he fall in a grate? Did he sit to rest and die of hyperthermia? Did he commit suicide? Did he get in someone's car? Is he still out there walking around with amnesia? etc...
It's possible that one/both of the roomies went looking for Paul. Again, if they found him what did they do with him? Not buying into the GetGo theory one little bit. Didn't sit to rest and die from hyperthermia or else someone would have found him. Fall in a grate? That's a good thought. I hope searchers looked at them. Amnesia, no. I never believed he had a head injury. Picked up in someone's car. Now that is a remote possibility, but still a very reasonable one. It would have to be a pschopath. Suicide, yes. Still at the top of the list. Either that, or he died on land and they haven't found him yet.

It's possible her friends pointed out her posting here wasn't helping the roommates. Her posts raised even more suspicion for me. That nutty excuse she said they gave for why Paul was subsequently seen on a video 6 minutes after they initially claimed to have arrived home just screamed bullcocky to me. That could have been something they only told friends and not LE. That sort of talking is what often gets people convicted in court later in many cases throughout the history of time.
I agree about that nutty excuse. GroovyGirl was our only poster that had a connection to the roommates. I don't think the connection was as close as we'd like to think. We we ask her if she was connected, I think her answer was "sort of". I got the impression that her source was Paul's x-girlfriend, Shannon. She could have been friends with Shannon or should could have been friends with Shannon's mom/brother/sister. She could have been friends with a friend of the roomies. I do not think she was talking directly to the roomies. Therefore, the information we got from her was 2nd-3rd hand.

In order to speculate on what was done with the body if the roommates were involved, I would need much more information about the roommates. I'd need to know if any of them were Pittsburgh natives and what part the metro they lived if they were. I'd need to know if they were scheduled to work the following day or if it was their day off. If they were scheduled to work, I'd need to know the schedule and if they went to work.

Knowing if they were natives would be important in figuring out which direction they would go. Pittsburghers tend to stick to the side of the metro their most familiar with. I thought it was interesting they went to the McDonald's on McKnight Road when there is one open 24 hours in Dormont. Their choice indicated to me that one of them might be very familiar with the North Hills. But it could also mean they're not familiar with the metro overall at all.

My big thing is I don't believe they would have owned a spade shovel. There are very few places to buy one in the middle of the night. There are no 24 hour Walmarts on McKnight. There's one on Route 8 in Richland/Gibsonia. Time would need to be taken into consideration. Why be so set on North Park if a shovel is needed? If you're already at the Walmart on Route 8, there's North Park and Hartwood acres, but there's also Hardies Lake down the road west of that Walmart. Only a North Hills local would know about Hardies Lake, and even most people living in North Hills don't know about it. Also, why not head up Route 28 to the Walmart at Pittsburgh Mills? It's in a very rural area with plenty of places to bury bodies. Also, a native could go home to their parents house to get a shovel and then that puts a whole different areas of possibilities based where the parents house would be located.

If water was chosen due to lack of a spade shovel, North Park Lake makes no sense. It's extremely shallow and was emptied for a couple of years recently to dredge it. Anyone from around the area would know that would be a possibility. The river would be a more desirable place to dispose of a body IMO. But people do dumb things all the time when disposing of bodies.

snipped "Except for the joint smoke, the other part is not reasonable to believe. They stole his wallet and discarded a bloody towel...um, no way."

klimpt, I clearly said that I was speculating on why they might be searching a park. I thought I made that clear. You asked for my logical theory, I gave you one. You don't need to agree. But to so ignorantly say that you chuckle out loud at someone else's opinion, after you asked for it, is rude and arrogant.
I read that post of yours as your brainstorming possible reasons for searching near McKnight without the searchers suspecting the roommates were involved in his death. And your wallet and bloody towel theory did a good job of proving it's extremely unlikely a search would be done there without suspecting their involvement. Your post was a very clever way of saying McKnight would only be searched if the roommates were suspected without outright saying it.

Muffet, i should clarify I was thinking of a snow shovel a few posts up. I agree with you 100% that kids their age would not have a spade shovel. Sorry we were on two different pages ; )

Muffet, i should clarify I was thinking of a snow shovel a few posts up. I agree with you 100% that kids their age would not have a spade shovel. Sorry we were on two different pages ; )
I should clarify when I said it would be 59 degrees with partly cloudy skies today, I thought it was Saturday instead of Friday, which didn't help that today is my anniversary, and I didn't even realize it until my husband wished me a happy anniversary this morning. :D

I read that post of yours as your brainstorming possible reasons for searching near McKnight without the searchers suspecting the roommates were involved in his death. And your wallet and bloody towel theory did a good job of proving it's extremely unlikely a search would be done there without suspecting their involvement. Your post was a very clever way of saying McKnight would only be searched if the roommates were suspected without outright saying it.

Yes, that was the way it was intended. Brainstorming and thinking why, why, why? In my humble opinion , to not look at all avenues, and if for nothing else to toss out possibilities limits one's ability to be objective. I'm not a follower or a minion conformist. : )

Today I need my snow shovel! 6 inches of snow here on the first day of spring. whomp whomp

Yes, that was the way it was intended. Brainstorming and thinking why, why, why? In my humble opinion , to not look at all avenues, and if for nothing else to toss out possibilities limits one's ability to be objective. I'm not a follower or a minion conformist. : )

Hey, don't be slamming the Minions. My kids love them:)

Hey, don't be slamming the Minions. My kids love them:)

Sorry for the double post. Not sure what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asmok
Back