Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We did not find out that actual location of the search near McDonald's right? I would like to google map it. Anyone know?

I believe it is this heartgoesout-
7702 McKnight Rd Pittsburgh, PA 15237

There are 2 on McKnight Road but this is the one open 24 hours.

In trying to figure out where Paul was going on the video, I tend to believe that he was not going to get something to eat. The basis for this opinion is the video of Paul holding the bandage on his wrist. It looks to me like he is trying to stop the bleeding by applying pressure and/or the bandage is not secured and requires holding. Nurses are trained to be extremely careful about handling blood. I just can't see him going into an eating establishment with a bloody wound. I do welcome and respect opposing opinions. Please feel free to disagree.:)

In trying to figure out where Paul was going on the video, I tend to believe that he was not going to get something to eat. The basis for this opinion is the video of Paul holding the bandage on his wrist. It looks to me like he is trying to stop the bleeding by applying pressure and/or the bandage is not secured and requires holding. Nurses are trained to be extremely careful about handling blood. I just can't see him going into an eating establishment with a bloody wound. I do welcome and respect opposing opinions. Please feel free to disagree.:)
Exactly. Which is possibly why he didn't drive. He needed to keep pressure on the wound.

I mean the location of the search near McDonald's, the park? Anyone know the exact search spot?

I think there is a lot of confusion or reporting issues going on. I have seen that his last contact was at 1:30 and 1:49.

Look at this article -

http://www.dailylocal.com/general-n...-for-missing-south-coventry-native-paul-kochu

"Paul went missing after going out with friends on Dec. 16 to watch Monday night football at a local bar."

Which is obviously incorrect or worded wrong. He did not watch Monday Night Football on the 16th. He went missing on the 16th. It is little things like that that can be damaging. Like the phone call/text at 1:30 or 1:49 - A lot can happen in twenty minutes. Are reporters reporting wrong? Or are they being given incorrect information? I don't know.
Accuracy is not the media's strength. The Monday night football example is a great example of why news reports shouldn't be considered gospel with updated with accurate information. An updated article doesn't mean the article was updated to provide more accurate information. An updated article merely indicates the article was changed.

The 1:49 is on the very first missing person's flyer. Since reporters weren't responsible for making that flyer, I give it much more weight. Another thing that makes 1:30 phone/text unlikely is subsequent flyers and LE continue to state that 1:30 was the last time Paul was SEEN. It's impossible the last time he was seen and the last time he texted a roommate are the very same time. If not impossible, it's unnecessary redundancy. I think these three sources can be considered much more accurate than news reports.

Paul was walking alone when last seen.
Those of you hinting at roommate involvement...what do you think they did? Go out looking for him?

The 1:49 is on the very first missing person's flyer. Since reporters weren't responsible for making that flyer, I give it much more weight. Another thing that makes 1:30 phone/text unlikely is subsequent flyers and LE continue to state that 1:30 was the last time Paul was SEEN. It's impossible the last time he was seen and the last time he texted a roommate are the very same time. If not impossible, it's unnecessary redundancy. I think these three sources can be considered much more accurate than news reports.
Many errors here. The early poster was wrong. I don't much care whether you believe it or not. It does concern me though, that you come on here and take thinking off track with erroneous information. You keep playing catch-up with information. You didn't even know the roommates were nurses. You just grab information from here there and everywhere and spin.

Since you don't believe the roommates, this is for those that do.

"Ben Monito, Kochu’s roommate, said they were watching a football game at Smokin' Joe's Saloon on East Carson Street. Monito said his roommate was intoxicated and went home around midnight.

"He called us a little bit after
saying that he was cut, he cut himself on broken glass or something, so we came home, helped clean that up and got the bleeding to stop,” Monito said. "At the time, he was really emotional."

People don't look at their watch to make sure they are giving precise information. Paul called them within an hour or so after he left the bar at midnight. That would have been around 1am. They came home, treated the cut and left for food somewhere around 1:30-1:45am. That was the last time they saw Paul in person.

What you just wrote above is also in error when it says 1:30 was the last time Paul was seen because he was seen on the surveillance video at 2:50 or so.

A post by a verified insider says that there was a search by Allegheny Rescue, and that

So, someone believes that it is a possibility that he was taken to that area. I have no idea how that played out. Maybe there is other evidence that leads them to that conclusion.
Unless they searched a small community park or playground, the park that's near where they went to McDonalds is North Park. It's the largest park in Allegheny County at 3,075 acres including a 75 acre lake. That area will require multiple searches because North Park is bigger than South Side.

Some people will say it's impossible PK is at North Park (or anywhere in the North Hills) because he was seen walking past the camera on Wharton after the roommates returned from McDonalds. What they're not taking into consideration is there are many, many hours between the time PK walked past that camera and when the roommates called his family to say he was missing. A lot could have happened in that time period.

Keep in mind, police only released a video the roommates knew existed via friends finding the video while searching for Paul.

Ok, assume there was a fist fight, a knife cut, a head injury. What then. What did the roommates do with Paul? This is what bugs me about these roommate theories. People want to consider them suspect, but suspect of what? Play it out; i.e. the scenario of what they did with him. One that is logical. Nobody has done that. Do you think the roommates went out with their car, threw him in it, killed him, and then threw him in the river or in the woods behind McKnight McDonalds? Seriously???

My logical cliff note version. I think there was a substantial disagreement at the bar. Paul left in anger. The roommates came home and the tension and argument continued . Probably a few attempted punches thrown. Despite that they've been drinking, the roommates leave for McDonald's to leave the situation. They stop at the park and finish off a joint, discard a bloody towel and toss Paul's wallet they stole. (this is all speculating on why they searched the park, there's a reason and they're looking for something!) They come home, Paul is even angrier as he's had more time to stew and drink. Tempers flare again. Now there's a good fight. On both ends, some serious punches thrown, a glass thrown, some wrestling, a head punch etc...The roommates told Paul to get out. He's ticked, he's hurt and buzzed. We see him on the video. He may not even know where he's going!

So to answer your question, Det. K. I suspect the roommates indirectly caused harm to Paul that night that contributed indirectly to his disappearance. I suspect the whole story has not been told out of fear. I do not have the answers. That's why I question. I'm glad you question, that's what makes us think!

Not knowing is why in the back of my head I still question: Did one of the roommates go after Paul, undetected by cameras? Did Paul slip in the river? Did he go to the Get Go and we should be questioning those employees? Did he fall in a grate? Did he sit to rest and die of hyperthermia? Did he commit suicide? Did he get in someone's car? Is he still out there walking around with amnesia? etc...

I can verify that's the one on McKnight that open that late at night. I live in the North Hills.

It looks to me like he's pissed off.

Those of you hinting at roommate involvement...what do you think they did? Go out looking for him?
IMO, I think he returned to the apartment after he got something to eat at Get Go.

Maybe they did, undetected by cameras. I googled map and took a virtual walk around the area. In the immediate area of their apartment there are not cameras. They don't know what route he took, it's possible they took a route without cameras. If their friend and roommate left really emotional, it's not out of the question to think this is a possibility. Maybe this is where the knock out fight happened and yikes he ended up in the river?! Just don't know. I so want to not suspect the roommates, but I keep going back there. : (

I just refuse to take the roommates statement as absolute truth.

Many errors here. The early poster was wrong. I don't much care whether you believe it or not. It does concern me though, that you come on here and take thinking off track with erroneous information. You keep playing catch-up with information. You didn't even know the roommates were nurses. You just grab information from here there and everywhere and spin.

Since you don't believe the roommates, this is for those that do.

"Ben Monito, Kochu’s roommate, said they were watching a football game at Smokin' Joe's Saloon on East Carson Street. Monito said his roommate was intoxicated and went home around midnight.

"He called us a little bit after
saying that he was cut, he cut himself on broken glass or something, so we came home, helped clean that up and got the bleeding to stop,” Monito said. "At the time, he was really emotional."

People don't look at their watch to make sure they are giving precise information. Paul called them within an hour or so after he left the bar at midnight. That would have been around 1am. They came home, treated the cut and left for food somewhere around 1:30-1:45am. That was the last time they saw Paul in person.

What you just wrote above is also in error when it says 1:30 was the last time Paul was seen because he was seen on the surveillance video at 2:50 or so.
I'm not playing catch up. I studied the hell out of this. It seems you've been so entrenched in your version that you can't see the forest for the trees you've been staring at for so long.

Let me help you remember the context of this discussion was if a 1:30 text is accurate compared to a 1:49 phone contact. If you believe the roommates left between 1:30 and 1:45, how can you believe a 1:30 text to a roommate is more accurate than a 1:49 phone contact?

If you think what I wrote was an error, you must think LE is in error because I wrote, "LE continues to state 1:30 is the last time he was SEEN." That's not inaccurate on my part. It's the time LE continues to state as the last time he was seen. Since LE is sticking with 1:30 even after the video was found, I assume LE means 1:30 is the last time roommates claim to have seen him at the apartment.

The time the roommates left the bar was "a bit after" or "half hour/30 minutes" or "12:30" <<<rough estimates. If you want the exact times mentioned in the media for leaving the bar, I'll post ALL of the links.

I never once saw any mention of the roommates leaving the bar as late as 1:30 for Paul to contact them about his cut hand, so I'm not sure why you're dragging the time of their leaving the bar into a discussion about a 1:30 text/1:49 phone contact.

IMO, I think he returned to the apartment after he got something to eat at Get Go.

And it is possible that he was seen on video, and then went back to the apartment undetected by cameras and now there's a whole heck of a lot of unanswered time...

Detective Klimpt, respectfully, what is it that makes you so adamently believe the roommates?

And it is possible that he was seen on video, and then went back to the apartment undetected by cameras and now there's a whole heck of a lot of unanswered time...
It's also possible LE has video of him returning the apartment, and LE hasn't released that information to anyone. LE tends to keep its evidence private so future potential suspects are unaware of what LE knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back