Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I was a guy in my 20's, busting chops amongst my group of friends was very common. Some were better than others at giving it, and some were better than others in taking it. We generally felt it was all in good fun and didn't think we were being mean. However, once in a while someone might go over the line and it could result in someone getting emotional. Other times, you might just catch the guy on the wrong night, and get a similar result. If, and this is a big if, this happened with Paul and his friends, and Paul did harm itself, then I'm sure his friends would feel a tremendous amount of guilt, shame, and embarrassment. These are extremely powerful emotions and may have impacted how the told the story. I think the people who are suspicious of the roommates interpret the way the story was told as an indication of covering up a physical altercation whereas people who are not suspicious of them interpret it as feeling bad for triggering Paul to hurt himself. Who knows what the real story is?

BTW, as a guy, I can say that I would never describe an angry friend as "emotional.". "Emotional, to me, has a very distinct connotation, and that is someone who is crying, weepy, teary-eyed, etc. However, I can not speak for all guys or Paul's roommate.

Yes, the only time I have heard a guy use the term "emotional" it has generally been with distaste. Not a "manly" behavior. : |
In this scenario, maybe they meant "drunk, maudlin, or irrational".

Hi everyone, first post here. I'm from north of the Pittsburgh area and first learned of Websleuths when Jimmy Slack went missing a few years ago. Anyhow, I was compelled to post what I read in the local news yesterday, that a body was found in the Ohio river near Wheeling Island. I immediately thought of Paul when hearing this news, even though it is way outside the search area. Wheeling Island is about 60 miles downstream on the Ohio. I did a search about the body found, and the local Steubenville/Wheeling news is reporting 2 bodies were found in the river a day apart. Neither have been identified publicly at this point. I am praying and holding out hope for the family that one of these is not Paul and he pops up alive.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/r...help-in-identifying-body/stories/201503200350

http://www.wtov9.com/shared/news/fe...wtov_another-body-found-ohio-river-8108.shtml

On another note, I see folks speculating on McDonalds on McKnight Road and that North Park is being searched. North Park is not really in that close of a proximity to that McDonalds, it is about a 15-20 minute drive with multiple traffic lights and to some other posters points, is regularly patrolled by Allegheny County Police. The closest park in the area is the Ross Municipal Park, and there is a police station on the park grounds there as well...Neither would be an ideal location to commit a crime.

Hopefully the authorities down there know about this case. Could this be?? The rivers have been thawing fast, could he have traveled that far?

Hopefully the authorities down there know about this case. Could this be?? The rivers have been thawing fast, could he have traveled that far?

I guess it's possible. Regardless of who these 2 men are, may they rest in peace and be identified for their families.

There was also a body found in the Delaware River today near the Bridesburg section of Philadelphia. I am not posting the link as there is no reason to believe Paul would be in the Delaware. Very sad for all 3 of these men and their families. RIP.

I looked at the fb page for both link sources. Many people have linked Paul's poster. The Ohio link, afew posters say that all the bodies they find in their area end up coming from Pittsburgh. The WV link, many people mention the uptick in crime and transient workers in the area.

Who ever those bodies are, I hope it brings their families peace and closure. A selfish part of me hopes one of them is Paul so that the family can have the closure they need and bring Paul home.

I found another article That they found another man in the Ohio River yesterday in Kentucky, but he has been identified as 67 year old Stephan Miller who had been swept away by flood waters last weekend. RIP Mr. Miller.

Yes, the only time I have heard a guy use the term "emotional" it has generally been with distaste. Not a "manly" behavior. : |
In this scenario, maybe they meant "drunk, maudlin, or irrational".

My son, who's the same age as Paul, says that if he said a guy he knows was "emotional," it would mean he was crying, or at least choked up.

Maybe the guys said "emotional" in response to questions...i.e was he angry, was he depressed, etc...and they came up with "emotional". I don't see it as derogatory. They may have been trying to indicate that he did not seem depressed (suicidal) but that he was upset.

I don't think my son thought it was derogatory either. I mean, except to the extent that most guys that age aren't comfortable with that kind of emotion. They kind of want to back away from it.

Which might explain what the roommates are acting a bit uneasy about. If they thought it was ordinary emotional, and what he needed was space, but now they realize there was a real problem (whatever that might be), they'd be feeling bad that they didn't take him more seriously.

I don't think my son thought it was derogatory either. I mean, except to the extent that most guys that age aren't comfortable with that kind of emotion. They kind of want to back away from it.
Which might explain what the roommates are acting a bit uneasy about. If they thought it was ordinary emotional, and what he needed was space, but now they realize there was a real problem (whatever that might be), they'd be feeling bad that they didn't take him more seriously.

Bingo. I don't think these were uncaring roomies, just typical guys, reacting as guys do! Thank your son for his input, he is always a great reference point for us! : )

Because the roommates are nurses I am wondering if using the word emotional may have different meaning than the average 20 yo male. Just thinking out loud.

When I was a guy in my 20's, busting chops amongst my group of friends was very common. Some were better than others at giving it, and some were better than others in taking it. We generally felt it was all in good fun and didn't think we were being mean. However, once in a while someone might go over the line and it could result in someone getting emotional. Other times, you might just catch the guy on the wrong night, and get a similar result. If, and this is a big if, this happened with Paul and his friends, and Paul did harm itself, then I'm sure his friends would feel a tremendous amount of guilt, shame, and embarrassment. These are extremely powerful emotions and may have impacted how the told the story. I think the people who are suspicious of the roommates interpret the way the story was told as an indication of covering up a physical altercation whereas people who are not suspicious of them interpret it as feeling bad for triggering Paul to hurt himself. Who knows what the real story is?

BTW, as a guy, I can say that I would never describe an angry friend as "emotional.". "Emotional, to me, has a very distinct connotation, and that is someone who is crying, weepy, teary-eyed, etc. However, I can not speak for all guys or Paul's roommate.
As a male, your BTW comment rings true for me as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asmok
Back