Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting take Heart. Your guess is as good as mine. Agree with Tree on how interesting it is that people interpret what they read in different ways. It emphasizes how important it is to be very clear when you are trying to communicate via the written word. You almost have to anticipate how others may interpret something. It also illustrates how important body language and facial clues are in effective communication. I would bet if we could have seen the face of the family member who wrote "unbelievable" we would know what it meant. Hopefully a family member will clarify for us. Regardless, so very very sad.

It was just posted on Justice for Paul Raymond Kochu that it was not accidental drowning. However, doesn't say what it was ruled. Still could be murder or suicide.

Looks like their is a new post on the Facebook page stating that it wasn't an Accidental Drowning and that's all that can be said.

Well the posters on Facebook have clearly interpreted "unbelievable" and "not accidental" to mean that it was ruled that Paul was harmed. However, I think it is just as likely that it was ruled suicide. I really hope this is clarified by the family as some posters are focusing their suspicions on the roommates and I would hate to see something unfortunate happen due to misinterpretation.

Well the posters on Facebook have clearly interpreted "unbelievable" and "not accidental" to mean that it was ruled that Paul was harmed. However, I think it is just as likely that it was ruled suicide. I really hope this is clarified by the family as some posters are focusing their suspicions on the roommates and I would hate to see something unfortunate happen due to misinterpretation.
I absolutely agree with this. I think the vague posts are causing people to assume that the roommates are at fault and it's stirring up emotions and people to accuse the roomies on Facebook publicly.

Will LE actually officially tell us if this was an accidental drowning or not? If it is an accidental drowning, why not end the rumor mill?

Has there been RECENT Facebook accusations?

There have been inferences on the Facebook page for some time. No out and out accusations, but vague suggestions.

I hope there is conclusive evidence one way or another. For the sake of Paul's family and for the sake of his roommates.

Just looked at the Facebook page, and again very vague. Things could be taken more than one way from the posts made by the admins of the page.

Are autopsy results made public?

They did state on the Facebook page it was not an accidental drowning. But, they provided no other information.

Just my opinion, I think it is extremely irresponsible of the fb page to post such a vague statement given the circumstances of the roommates being in question. It only fuels that fire and brings speculation that may or may not be warranted. Either post the results in whole or keep it off the net until able to post fact. It's not a Facebook game.

I actually took the post to mean the autopsy DID show accidental drowning, but the family did not agree...that they meant there was no way he accidentally drowned. It makes sense since the family has been pretty focused on Paul meeting with foul play. JMO

I actually took the post to mean the autopsy DID show accidental drowning, but the family did not agree...that they meant there was no way he accidentally drowned. It makes sense since the family has been pretty focused on Paul meeting with foul play. JMO

Wow, I totally didn't read it that way, but now that you mentioned it, I definitely see how it could be read that way.

Totally agree. I know they are trying to get justice but I think right now it's just stirring the pot and it's not fair for all involved unless their is facts. I know they are having a hard time but I think it should be left quiet if nothing is definite. I can only imagine that the writer on the Facebook page is just emotionally exhausted at this point. I however feel for the roomies and the families involved as well. Just bad in general.

Just my opinion, I think it is extremely irresponsible of the fb page to post such a vague statement given the circumstances of the roommates being in question. It only fuels that fire and brings speculation that may or may not be warranted. Either post the results in whole or keep it off the net until able to post fact. It's not a Facebook game.

I think the family is so determined that this was no accident that there is no way to convince them otherwise, even if the autopsy results show something else. Since the family are the administrators of the Facebook page, I'm not sure anything can be done about it. But I totally agree with you!

I understand what a terrible tragedy this is and what a horrendous loss they have suffered. But, in my opinion, make the loss count for something. Call it what it is and use it to save others- whether it be from an accident, too much alcohol or suicide. As a society, we lose far too many young men in very similar circumstances.

I would be very hesitant to accuse the roommates of anything, especially without some very clear evidence. You are talking about impacting the life of young men who are just starting out in life and who are also dealing with the loss of a longtime friend.

With my attention on Paul's case, it also got me thinking again about Shane Montgomery and Christopher Tully and Jessica Padgett. What an incredibly tragic year it was in Pennsylvania to lose these beautiful, young people. My thoughts and prayers for their families and friends. May their pain be lessened with the passage of time.

post one reads "Autopsy results have arrived and all we can say is... Unbelievable."
next post reads "Not an accidental drowning. And there is nothing else to say."

So reading them together, and between the lines (my perception), one can assume one of the following:

a. It was a suicide. They have no comment.
b. Foul play indicated. They cannot comment.
c. Autopsy showed it was accidental and they disagree.
d. There are indications he was dead before he hit the water. That's all they know.

post one reads "Autopsy results have arrived and all we can say is... Unbelievable."
next post reads "Not an accidental drowning. And there is nothing else to say."

So reading them together, and between the lines (my perception), one can assume one of the following:

a. It was a suicide. They have no comment.
b. Foul play indicated. They cannot comment.
c. Autopsy showed it was accidental and they disagree.
d. There are indications he was dead before he hit the water. That's all they know.

I think all are plausible. I believe it's a or c but leaning towards a.

8320 people are on the Justice for Paul page.
There are so many caring supporters praying for the family, since day one. People out searching, spreading the word, etc... I am disappointed that they are not being upfront with those supporters and posting messages that are clearly confusing. Like I said then don't post anything at all.

The problem is that Paul could have drown, with no indications of foul play, but that does not really mean it was an accidental drowning. To call it an accidental drowning would be unbelievable, to most anyone. The best that anyone should have on the death cert would be death by drowning. Accidental is something no one can really know, even if there is indications that he slipped and hit himself on something on the way in. A person pushing him and his falling off balance could cause the same damage as an accidental slip.

If he jumped in to commit suicide, there would be no indications of foul play and it would not be an accidental drowning.
If someone pushed him in, there might be no indications of foul play and it would not be an accidental drowning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back