Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I get what you are saying Ghostwheel. Unless there is video of what happened or a live witness, no one will ever know what really happened. Toxicology might not even tell the real story in this case.

But I also believe this is where interviews with the people who were with him last are so important. They are the ones who knew what his state of mind was and what was going on in his life at that time.

I think what is so disconcerting is the vagueness of the posts. We get that the family is dead set on one particular outcome, but that may not be the reality of the situation. I, for one and am sure I am not the only one, do not want to see anyone else hurt or pushed to do something desparate because a witch hunt occurs.

Transparency is something many of us call for in many aspects of life these days. It removes doubt and questions. Has major information been withheld from the public? Is there something we are not aware of?

I had a very hard time accepting what happened to Sarah Majoras in New Hope and even Shane Montgomery earlier this year, but there are so many things that can go wrong any time you combine alcohol and water. Throw in the elements of youth and inexperience, and you have an equation for disaster!

Another post on the page basically stating that the autopsy didn't say suicide, and DIDN'T say accidental drowning. They are keeping it private as to what it did say. Not knowing what it says, if LE is thinking homicide then I hope they are on top of it.

Now that is a much better Facebook post. In part reading, "autopsy did not show a suicide either nor accidental drowning"..."he did not kill himself nor did he fall. Our results are private."

Now whether you choose to believe that post as fact or not is up to you.

The only thing that I will criticize is supporters being referred to as curiosity seekers. Boy oh boy does that take away from the genuine caring and human kindness of feeling and praying for the family. Yes, few are just gossipers but the majority sincerely care and want to help. You can't ask for and take help and then pick and choose what support you like or respond to.

I get the impression the outpouring of support and prayers when something dramatic and vague is posted has become addicting.

When paul was still missing, the page wasn't just meant for family. When it first turned into the justice page, it wasn't *just*for family. Now, when the public understandably wants closure and the family alludes to having some info that could be closure, the page is for family.

The family is going through hell, but at this point, is a majority of it self-inflicted?

I suppose the autopsy report could say COD is undetermined or inconclusive?? I'm trying to figure out why they don't just say what it does say. Perhaps they are trying to make the roommates sweat it out, by leaving it open that they may have ruled homicide.

This is very confusing.

Now that is a much better Facebook post. In part reading, "autopsy did not show a suicide either nor accidental drowning"..."he did not kill himself nor did he fall. Our results are private."

Now whether you choose to believe that post as fact or not is up to you.

The only thing that I will criticize is supporters being referred to as curiosity seekers. Boy oh boy does that take away from the genuine caring and human kindness of feeling and praying for the family. Yes, few are just gossipers but the majority sincerely care and want to help. You can't ask for and take help and then pick and choose what support you like or respond to.
YES. I felt the same exact way.

So news says the autopsy says drowning and NO signs of foul play. Family said the autopsy is private, yet not an "accidental" drowning and not a suicide. They are clearly still pushing that it's a homicide. This is at least what I am understanding here.

I tend to believe the police, i.e drowning. NO foul play. I guess the family is insinuating murder? Why??

I think because it is Undetermined, then the mind is swayed to what the individual believes, even though individuals may and do believe differently.
It will always be a question mark...
What is the real truth? Undetermined makes it difficult for everyone concerned.
IMOO.

I tend to believe the police, i.e drowning. NO foul play. I guess the family is insinuating murder? Why??

Viewing the video of him on the street, they felt something happened to him at that point... from someone else, perhaps.
IMOO.

I think his death is going to remain undetermined unless there are new leads. How do you rule out accidental? I understand you can rule out homicide for the most part if there are no signs of struggle or certain injuries on the victim. Family states he didn't fall in. I'm guessing further injuries would show that. I'm not sure of the forensics of it. The one thing that is confirmed was that he was alive when he was in that water. Period.

Would toxicology also be back with the autopsy? Would they have been able to see if maybe he was slipped a drug or anything? I don't know. I just feel bad.

I am having a difficult time trying to express what my thoughts are without seeming cold or uncaring for Paul's family, but here goes!

It is much easier to blame some outside person or people than it is to admit your loved one either took their own life or caused their own death through their behavior, whether intentionally or not.

In a case like this, where Paul did not live at home and in fact lived at least 4 hours away, how well did they really know his day to day life? How many years had he lived on his own? Would they have know if he suffered from depression? Would they have known if he participated in risky behaviors? How many young adult males drink, sometimes to excess, on a regular basis??? Way too many!!!

ETA- Another reason this might be so hard for them to accept is due to religious beliefs. I know certain people believe that taking your own life is unforgivable. That may make it much harder to see what really happened.

Jmo...IF Paul was unhappy or depressed and did go into the water on purpose...maybe he felt he could not show his family how unhappy he was feeling. Jmo but it sounds possible that he may not have felt he could tell them. I am only saying this due to their seeming inability to believe anything but foul play. Anyway...

I get the impression the outpouring of support and prayers when something dramatic and vague is posted has become addicting.

When paul was still missing, the page wasn't just meant for family. When it first turned into the justice page, it wasn't *just*for family. Now, when the public understandably wants closure and the family alludes to having some info that could be closure, the page is for family.

The family is going through hell, but at this point, is a majority of it self-inflicted?

It's like the Facebook friend who posts the annoying "feeling sad" an then waits for all the awww what's wrong responses.
giggle giggle

Well, there is not much more to say here. I believe the autopsy results of drowning with no foul play. What other realistic options are there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back