Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow! I didn't realize there was another one coming out. I actually finished the book this afternoon. The story of "M" really intrigues me. Apparently, Joe McGillen, William Kelly and Tom Augustine really believed her story but the book indicates that their superiors didn't buy it b/c she had mental issues and b/c of the passage of time between her "confession" and the crime.

I would hope that the new book has more info. I thought I knew all there was to know! lol
I've long though that M's story is an extreme likelihood. It's sad that because of mental issues, she wasn't listened to. Just because someone has those issues dosn't mean that anything they say should be discredited, but sadly this is what happened.

I totally agree with you, fragile.

Ok....I have some news for all of you that are interested in this case. As you may know, a while back, I created a myspace page for America's Unknown Child. I have had many positive responses and I have had the privilege of meeting Louise Holmburg (a/k/a Aunt Wease), whose nephew, Lorne Boulet, went missing in July 2001. I know that there is a thread dedicated here to Lorne and his case....

Anyway, Wease suggested that a vigil be held for the boy on the anniversary that he was found. I think this is a brilliant idea.

I live in CA and Wease lives in NH. She has a lot of experience with organizing vigils and through the goodness of her heart, she is going to do so for the boy. I am going to help her as well.

My reason for posting this is to get the word out and to ask if there is anyone willing to help in this endeavor.

I believe that with effort and perserverance, we can keep this boy's case alive....

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. Please pm me if you have any suggestions!

Sincerely,
Nancy

This is my first time on this thread.... I was always in the missing persons section ! Seems a little odd to be here, but elating at the same time.

This case is one that has always pulled at my heart-strings and I know that he needs his name. Someone ~ somewhere knows something.

I know that this whole vigil thing will need A LOT of looking into, but I am thinking of havin it on the anniversary date that this little guy was found...

vadersbabe has really given me some great insights as I sit down to write to her.

I don't know if a vigil will work, but I think anything is worth a try..... If the townspeople won't do it, let our country pull together!

Hi
I would very much like to go to this.Will this be in Pennsylvania?Can you please keep me informed of this?

suzanne

Definitely....... Nothing is in stone, just a thought at this point in time, but my mind is reeling and I have a few thoughts about somethings....... Will be talking with Vadersbabe tomorrow....:woohoo:

Pray for this Little Guy to get his man! We will work on it...... ALL of us! :blowkiss:

BTW: Yes, in PA, if they will allow it! I sure hope they do! I can throw a pretty big fit! :)

Definitely....... Nothing is in stone, just a thought at this point in time, but my mind is reeling and I have a few thoughts about somethings....... Will be talking with Vadersbabe tomorrow....:woohoo:

Pray for this Little Guy to get his man! We will work on it...... ALL of us! :blowkiss:

BTW: Yes, in PA, if they will allow it! I sure hope they do! I can throw a pretty big fit! :)

How coool-please let us know the details, because maybe we can get a sticky or announcement put on all of the forums so that everyone knows! This case encapsulates what WS is all about....

We will...... we need to get ahold of the proper authorities, though I am hoping where I am not going to ask anything of them, that there will not be a problem.... Do as I would for a Missing Persons Case.

Contact the Media
Have Candles
Fliers
Law Enforcement to speak should they want to
Etc....

I just think that it has been far to long and every time that I write to Vadersbabe on Myspace she hits me with am idea........ she is like a lightening bolt that shoots through the screen....... watch out for her if you are on her myspace friends ~ I swear one of these times she is going to knock me off my seat with these brain surges......:eek:

We will...... we need to get ahold of the proper authorities, though I am hoping where I am not going to ask anything of them, that there will not be a problem.... Do as I would for a Missing Persons Case.

Contact the Media
Have Candles
Fliers
Law Enforcement to speak should they want to
Etc....

I just think that it has been far to long and every time that I write to Vadersbabe on Myspace she hits me with am idea........ she is like a lightening bolt that shoots through the screen....... watch out for her if you are on her myspace friends ~ I swear one of these times she is going to knock me off my seat with these brain surges......:eek:

Don't forget the VIDOQ Society-I am sure there are some that would like to participate. Check in with Filly, a poster here as well. I want to say that Filly has a contact that is very, very close to the case...

Find Lorne wrote:
"I just think that it has been far to long and every time that I write to Vadersbabe on Myspace she hits me with am idea........ she is like a lightening bolt that shoots through the screen....... watch out for her if you are on her myspace friends ~ I swear one of these times she is going to knock me off my seat with these brain surges......:eek:"

Lol, Wease. You crack me up. I would have been nowhere on this if not for you. I am so thankful for your eagerness to help and your kind heart....

Believe,

I have already contacted the Vidocq Society and I await their response......Hopefully they will want to help and be involved. I have spoken, via email, with Joe McGillen on a few occasions so hopefully it will be him again that contacts me about this.

I, too, have contacted the Vidocq Society and am very PATIENTLY checking my mailbox EVERY second of every day...

I am hoping to hear some positive feed back about this vigil. There is a lot to think about and plan ~ but the wheels are turned.

Please say a prayers and keep your fingers crossed!

Thank you all for the support! :grouphug::grouphug:

Hi Find Lorne and Vadersbabe. This case has always bothered me...would love to see this little guy get the identity he so deserves.

I just wanted to offer some help on this as I don't live far from Philadelphia (if that is where you plan on having this). My day job is public relations/media so let me know if I can help in that respect as well.

Parker, thank you. I will pm you soon.

I can't believe it, I actually spoke to William Kelly yesterday! Mr. Kelly is one of the original investigators on this case and he is also with the Vidocq Society. He is such a kind and generous soul.

He is more than happy to be present at the service, which will be held at the Ivy Hill Cemetery in Philly on February 25, 2009. Hopefully Joe McGillen will be able to attend as well.

This is really going to happen! Words cannot express how excited I am!

Hi
This is great news.Thankyou for keeping us posted.I really hope to go to this too.But I will have to see what happens.

suzanne

A vigil is a lovely idea! I'm in California, so it is kind of doubtful I'd end up making the trip, but I'd certainly love to hear all about it and see pictures! This little guy has had a place in my heart since I first heard of him years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member