Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the article about the marker made by Eagle Scout Nicholas Kerschbaum. Philadelphia will never forget this little boy. I meet young people who know about him-because his case is told in every generation-he will always be remembered, and hopefully, some day this mystery will be solved and his name will be restored to him.

I believe he is from an orphanage. A caregiver wasn't so caring and he died as a result. Someone somewhere knows his identity. I hope someone has the compassion to come forward.
It's possible. Or he may have been mentally handicapped. Children with serious handicaps are sometimes resented and neglected.

Thank You for putting this article on here.This is so good they are doing this for him.I pray they also do DNA testing for him.I care very much for this little boy and who he could be. http://6abc.com/historic-marker-placed-for-boy-found-in-box-6-decades-ago/2634177/?sf163165483=1
[FONT=&quot]Bill Fleisher, the founder of the Vidocq Society, thinks this case could make major progress in the near future through DNA.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"We've been comparing against many suspected relatives," Fleisher said.

I pray they are checking with DNA for possible relatives of him.I pray he is identified soon in the near future.This little one is really in my prayers and thoughts.[/FONT]

Speaking of Mr. Fleisher, I'm reading "The Murder Room" (about the Vidocq society) and it's very good. There's quite a lot in the book about Frank Bender, who turned out to have been quite the character.

Speaking of Mr. Fleisher, I'm reading "The Murder Room" (about the Vidocq society) and it's very good. There's quite a lot in the book about Frank Bender, who turned out to have been quite the character.
ot
Love that book, thanks for the reminder to reread that one and "The Gift of Fear" which was recently mentioned on another thread.

Does anyone know if they are having a vigil in February for him?I'm saving up my money to try and visit him on February 25th of next year.I tried to visit his grave site again the past few years and couldn't go because I was sick.I very much want to visit with him again I'm praying he is Identified before February 25th.

Does anyone know if they are having a vigil in February for him?I'm saving up my money to try and visit him on February 25th of next year.I tried to visit his grave site again the past few years and couldn't go because I was sick.I very much want to visit with him again I'm praying he is Identified before February 25th.

I'm not far from Philly, could be very cold here the end of February.

Thoughtful of you wanting to visit that sweet boys gravesite...my heart goes out to him!

I just watched a video on YouTube about this case and there was a theory at the end of the video about a woman named "M" who believes that the boy in the box was held captive and abused in her family's basement. She was able to describe things that weren't shared with the public, but were consistent with what law enforcement knew. How credible this person is though, is open to interpretation.

IMO
I know who M is. Formerly worked in the pharmaceutical industry. The three detectives who originally worked on the case were convinced by her story, but there's no one to prosecute and no hard evidence. But she knew details that were mentioned only ONCE in a single news article when the case was still new. It's been said that she was mentally unstable...no, she's not schizophrenic or anything. No one with such a mental illness could maintain steady employment and get multiple college degrees, with a continuous work history that has NO room for gaps.

She's not someone who's delusional and makes up stories.

LE should have interviewed her classmates to see if any of them had traumatic experiences involving her parents.

Hopefully they are checking possible relatives of the boy in the box with DNA like the article says.We need to Identify him first and then the real story of what happened to him will come to light.I pray the truth of what happened to him is revealed to.

I do not believe M's story.But I am very interested in something that was written in David Stouts book.When she was questioned by LE later before 2008? She then said she thought maybe her uncle(on her fathers? side) was related to the boy in the box somehow. Who is her uncle? How old was he?Was he missing?Does anyone know more about him.Please let me know if anyone finds out ok?

Why don't you believe her?

I don't know the full details of her family, only her name. Her uncle had a daughter and lived a natural life. He didn't go missing.

Ok.Thank You for answering me.I feel none of her story added up to me.She said the boy in the box was subjected to physical and sexual abuse for a few years? From very early newspaper articles and books wrtten on him and the autopsy report.There was no sexual assault on him.The autopsy report said all his bruises were inflicted at the same time.No bruises were in different stages of healing and he had no broken bones.Her story isn't matching up with what the autopsy says.
Why don't you believe her?

I don't know the full details of her family, only her name. Her uncle had a daughter and lived a natural life. He didn't go missing.

Ok.Thank You for answering me.I feel none of her story added up to me.She said the boy in the box was subjected to physical and sexual abuse for a few years? From very early newspaper articles and books wrtten on him.There was no sexual assault on him.The autopsy report said all his bruises were inflicted at the same time.No bruises were in different stages of healing and he had no broken bones.Her story isn't matching up with what the autopsy says.
It was a year and a half in her family. And the original detectives believed her. She recounted that while she and her mother were parked at the side of the road getting ready to dispose of the body, a passerby stopped his car and offered to help with whatever they were doing. Her mother refused the help and he kept driving. Funny thing is that there WAS an eyewitness who reported encountering a woman and her son by the side of the road. But Martha is rather broad-shouldered and it's entirely plausible that, considering the "son" was bundled up in winter clothing, Martha was mistaken for a boy. It's such an unusual detail that it lends credence to her story, IMO.

The good samartian said he saw a BOY and a woman.I'm not convinced(but I won't rule it out) that the boy and woman seen at the trunk of the car were even involved anymore.A news paper article says clothes for a woman and younger child than the boy in the box were found at the same place as their car was seen.I'll see if I can find the newspaper article.
It was a year and a half in her family. And the original detectives believed her. She recounted that while she and her mother were parked at the side of the road getting ready to dispose of the body, a passerby stopped his car and offered to help with whatever they were doing. Her mother refused the help and he kept driving. Funny thing is that there WAS an eyewitness who reported encountering a woman and her son by the side of the road. But Martha is rather broad-shouldered and it's entirely plausible that, considering the "son" was bundled up in winter clothing, Martha was mistaken for a boy. It's such an unusual detail that it lends credence to her story, IMO.

can't find it yet
Ok.Thank You for answering me.I feel none of her story added up to me.She said the boy in the box was subjected to physical and sexual abuse for a few years? From very early newspaper articles and books wrtten on him and the autopsy report.There was no sexual assault on him.The autopsy report said all his bruises were inflicted at the same time.No bruises were in different stages of healing and he had no broken bones.Her story isn't matching up with what the autopsy says.

http://americasunknownchild.net/FrontPage.htm Two hundred feet from the body, along Verree Road, police searchers found a cache of clothing for a woman and child - but the smaller clothing was not the dead boy's size.
A story told by an informant who later contacted police seemed to cast some light on this clothing, but created a new mystery.
Two days before the body was found, said the man to Lieutenant William Lovejoy of the northeast detective division, he had been driving along Verree Road when he saw a middle-aged woman and a boy, 12 to 14, unloading something from the trunk of a car.
"I thought the car might have a flat tire, so I stopped and asked if I could help. They didn't say a word, and seemed to be standing so as to block my view of the license plate."
The scene which he described was almost exactly where the clothing had been found. The informant described the car and the woman and boy, but they were never found

I feel this little boy was probably just getting into an orphanage, foster home or institution of some kind and he just changed caretakers or someone new came to him if all his bruises were inflicted at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr J