PA - Philadelphia shootout, multiple officers shot, 14 August 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I think it will be over before dawn too. I hope without violence.

jmo
The police have given him ample opportunity to surrender. Seems like it has been quiet for quite awhile. Whatever patience they had, or desire to capture this guy alive, has likely faded by now. They've been on the scene for 7 hours, and by morning, it will be 14 hours. His minutes are numbered, and they're not going to knock on his door and ask politely if they can put handcuffs on him. They're undoubtedly setting up a plan, and will catch him by surprise.

This is going to end sometime during the next 7 hours, with the gunman dead. The cops are going to want control of the scene by daylight.

Yup, especially since they were able to get the 2 officers stuck inside out. This is only ending one way, and it’s with him deceased. He either shoots himself or SWAT makes entry and he dies in a shootout.

I really hope his lawyer is able to talk some sense into him (if LE allows the lawyer to call him) but I don’t see that happening. He’s been given more than enough time to surrender

just wondering about the difference between the cops in blue and others in white
I think the guys in white are from the sheriff’s department, which appears to have a white uniform.

The guys in blue would be Philly police.
That makes sense. Also, the guy in white with the chevron on his sleeve is likely a sergeant. MOO

Ya know, if he would have just surrendered when they served the warrant, his lawyer probably could have gotten him another light sentence, and he would have been able to be back out to fondle his precious guns again in a few years. Now, his options are gone, and he'll either go away until he's old, or more likely, he'll be dead by morning.

The police have given him ample opportunity to surrender. Seems like it has been quiet for quite awhile. Whatever patience they had, or desire to capture this guy alive, has likely faded by now. They've been on the scene for 7 hours, and by morning, it will be 14 hours. His minutes are numbered, and they're not going to knock on his door and ask politely if they can put handcuffs on him. They're undoubtedly setting up a plan, and will catch him by surprise.
BBM.

I thought the desire was always to capture a suspect alive, unless the suspect is actively a danger.

Well, whatever the case, I'm holding onto hope that this will end without further shooting, though realistic enough to know it might not.

jmo

I’d be a bit surprised if no one was in custody at this point.

This started off as a drug raid, so unless he was the only one home, there should have been arrests.

Usually there’s more than one person crashing at a place like that, even if someone lives alone.

It appears that only one of these suspects decided to shoot law enforcement.
That's what I believe as well. LE showed up with a warrant around 4:30. Maybe they did take 1 person in custody according to the narcotics warrant. The suspected shooter however, remains uncaptured. MOO
Yep, mystery solved! :p

Maurice Hill: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
As they were serving the warrant, the gunman had an AK47 rifle and was shooting from the downstairs as officers went upstairs to take other people into custody, NBC10 reported.

ok and what is the difference between sheriffs and normal police

lol

It varies from place to place, but typically the sheriff’s department is responsible for an entire county.

The jurisdiction of the police is limited to the particular city or town.

The sheriff also runs the jails.

BBM. I thought the desire was always to capture a suspect alive, unless the suspect is actively a danger.

Well, whatever the case, I'm holding onto hope that this will end without further shooting, though realistic enough to know it might not.
jmo

The suspect IS actively a danger. He will continue to be so long as he has ammunition, since his guns aren't going anywhere. They can't keep the neighborhood completely shut down and just wait him out. He's already demonstrated a willingness to kill them, and he has an extensive history that demonstrates a tiny propensity towards extreme violence.

Suspect surrendered! In custody.

0UNO8nBN_normal.jpg

FOX 29
@FOX29philly
· 47s
#BREAKING: Suspect has surrendered. We're on LIVE with the latest details

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics