PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading this thread for years but have never commented. How is it possible, with all of the diligent sleuthing done on RFG's case, that more is not known of what happened to him?! I'm just in awe of you all and hope that missing piece is found someday.

Some of it is that I don't have access to records. If I could look at vehicle registration records generally and car rental records of about 24 people, I could tell you if this was a voluntary departure or not, with a reasonable degree of certainty.

With cell records and whereabouts of the same 24 or so people on 4/15-4/16, I could probably prove or disprove walkaway.

Some of it is that I don't have access to records. If I could look at vehicle registration records generally and car rental records of about 24 people, I could tell you if this was a voluntary departure or not, with a reasonable degree of certainty.

With cell records and whereabouts of the same 24 or so people on 4/15-4/16, I could probably prove or disprove walkaway.

Do you think the Bellefonte police did look at what you would if you could? I'm curious how vehicle registration records would help. Is it because of vehicles that were seen in certain paces on those dates? Was Shawn Weaver always in charge of this this case?

I read this intriguing summary of Ray Gricar's case published on April 15, 2012, and updated on Feb. 11, 2014. Posting a link.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/04/ray_gricar_mystery.html

Remembering Ray F. Gricar, on this, the ninth anniversary of his disappearance.
Although our theories may be diverse, I think I speak for all who post on his case by saying that he is missed by his daughter and the others who knew and loved him.

I hope so much his case will be solved or otherwise resolved should he actually be alive, in our lifetimes.
I think of him daily, but will be saying special prayers for him and his family today.

Nine years is a long time for all of us. God bless Ray F. Gricar.

Do you think the Bellefonte police did look at what you would if you could? I'm curious how vehicle registration records would help. Is it because of vehicles that were seen in certain paces on those dates? Was Shawn Weaver always in charge of this this case?

I read this intriguing summary of Ray Gricar's case published on April 15, 2012, and updated on Feb. 11, 2014. Posting a link.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/04/ray_gricar_mystery.html

They have never said they did. At the time, there was about a 30 day delay in registrations being processed, so an immediate check was not possible.

Weaver was not with the BPD until 1/06; the chief at the time of the disappearance was Duane Dixon.

They have never said they did. At the time, there was about a 30 day delay in registrations being processed, so an immediate check was not possible.

Weaver was not with the BPD until 1/06; the chief at the time of the disappearance was Duane Dixon.

You didn't answer the first part of PPKik's question. I take it you believe if RFG walked away, he did so in a vehicle registered to an acquaintance (or a vehicle rented by an acquaintance).

You didn't answer the first part of PPKik's question. I take it you believe if RFG walked away, he did so in a vehicle registered to an acquaintance (or a vehicle rented by an acquaintance).

Sorry about that.

The question that I have always ask is "How did RFG get out of Lewisburg?"

If he left voluntarily, the most likely method would be that drove (or was driven) out. He could have purchased a car using a different address (P O Box) or name. A friend could have purchased it, using his money. A friend could have rented a car for him. A friend could have driven him out.

So:

1. Check all car purchases in Centre and Union Counties from 4/1-4/18.

2. Check the car rental records of friends/associates from 4/8-4/18.

3. Check the whereabouts of friends/associates from 4/15-4/18.

If negative, the odds on walkaway drop like a rock. If positive, the case is solved.

Could he have left by boat?

Yes, I'm aware of how crazy that sounds lol.

I just rewatched the Disappeared episode.
Found it odd that he googled directions to Lewisburg before leaving as it sounds like he'd been there many times. Could he be getting the directions for someone else? Just a thought as I've done that before...rather than telling someone how to get somewhere, just printing off directions for them.

I wonder if he filed his taxes, being that it was April 15th...if I was planning to disappear, no way would I go to thru the pain of doing my taxes!

Ok...so was just reading up on the history of Lewisburg on Wikipedia...it states that the founder, Ludwig Derr disappeared without a trace. Does anyone know if that's true? Because that is a FREAKY coincidence (or not).
Apologies if it's been discussed already.

For quite some time, I've been trying to figure out why RFG looks familiar, perhaps it was a case held in the Bellefonte courthouse, I cant be sure. Over the years I put alot of miles on - travelling across the state of Pa every week & I found an old 2005 gas mileage tracking excel spreadsheet from the weekend RFG disappeared in 2005, putting me through parts of Centre County on my weekly commute, and also overnight in Williamsport. I cant get past thinking it was Williamsport where the streets were lit up with red and blue lights - as I was stopped in a traffic stand-still, and I looked to my right in a large parking area near the river, as I very vaguely remember it, and I saw three police cars parked with their lights flashing. Thinking it was some kind of a big drug bust, I asked a passerby - what was happening. They said someone was missing - which, this explanation, I remember, seemed unlikely to me, thinking this probably was not what was actually happening - as the urgency seemed so immediate. I vaguely remember any details, and barely remember this, only because I stayed overnight at a hotel not far from there and I had intended to make it a point to get the morning paper - to find what actually was going on.

During the second week of October 1998 a meeting was held with RFG and others at a PSU football facility. Also, during the second week of October 1998 - meetings were being planned, how a situation would be handled, as a student had inadvertently taken photos of Jerry Sandusky, and witnessed him picking up a child from his home while Head Start was working with him that day, on June 3 1998.

Thinking of Ray Gricar on the 9th anniversary of his disappearance....and hoping we get more information about what happened to him before another anniversary passes...

Yes, his taxes were filed; there would have been complications had he not.

There are kayaks that could be rented, but no bigger boats. There isn't an actual docking facility. If RFG had rented one, the owner would have called LE to complain that someone stole it.

Ok...so was just reading up on the history of Lewisburg on Wikipedia...it states that the founder, Ludwig Derr disappeared without a trace. Does anyone know if that's true? Because that is a FREAKY coincidence (or not).
Apologies if it's been discussed already.

I never heard of that, but I think the town was founded in the mid to late 1700's. The Packwood House is reputed to be haunted.

I just rewatched the Disappeared episode.
Found it odd that he googled directions to Lewisburg before leaving as it sounds like he'd been there many times. Could he be getting the directions for someone else? Just a thought as I've done that before...rather than telling someone how to get somewhere, just printing off directions for them.

The directions from Bellefonte to Lewisburg are this:

Drive toward State College but turn left at Pleasant Gap. At the traffic light at Centre Hall, turn left.

He could have been looking at the time, possibly for someone else.

During the second week of October 1998 a meeting was held with RFG and others at a PSU football facility. Also, during the second week of October 1998 - meetings were being planned, how a situation would be handled, as a student had inadvertently taken photos of Jerry Sandusky, and witnessed him picking up a child from his home while Head Start was working with him that day, on June 3 1998.

Do you have a link to the second?

There was a local new story on WJAC-TV the NBC affiliate in Johnstown.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/features...appearance-investigation-continues-2278.shtml

I mentioned that RFG was at a meeting on 4/14/05 earlier in the day. Some of the attendees spoke today, saying that RFG was acting unusually. It was described like this: "Those in the meeting said Gricar was physically there, but when asked questions, he mumbled answers and stared out the window."

Read More at: http://www.wjactv.com/news/features...appearance-investigation-continues-2278.shtml

That is consistent with other reports.

There was a local new story on WJAC-TV the NBC affiliate in Johnstown.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/features...appearance-investigation-continues-2278.shtml

I mentioned that RFG was at a meeting on 4/14/05 earlier in the day. Some of the attendees spoke today, saying that RFG was acting unusually. It was described like this: "Those in the meeting said Gricar was physically there, but when asked questions, he mumbled answers and stared out the window."

Read More at: http://www.wjactv.com/news/features...appearance-investigation-continues-2278.shtml

That is consistent with other reports.

Was this the meeting where he was asked to be present or to otherwise participate in a judicial activity in Oct. 2005, and he stated that he would not be around for it? ( Obviously I am paraphrasing).

I remember a meeting or perhaps a discussion with a judge or member of his staff where he was extremely distracted and aloof, and made the statement that he would not be able to commit to what was being asked of him in the fall because he would not be around/ present/ possibly some other word used that seemed vague and out of place to those present.

SO many good links are broken now, after so long a time. I have trouble finding what I want after 9 years.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab