Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:(

"The latest search for the body of missing mother Samantha Murphy has failed to turn up anything of interest
and has been called off.

State and federal police endured wet conditions on Tuesday as they set out on another search in Grenville, south of Ballarat, which wrapped up on Thursday.

'Police have concluded their current search of the Enfield State Forest and no items of interest were located,'
a police spokesperson said.

'The investigation remains ongoing and is focused on locating Samantha's body'."

1727443866640.png

Personally I don't think she's in a mine shaft. There are lots of people who go hunting for new ones to explore. To know a shaft that no one will ever enter or look in is unlikely or really gambling.

Getting a bit of a feeling that after all these searches and nothing to show for it that whatever phone data, information etc they have, may not find her. Perhaps she has been moved from that area or she was never there. Perhaps, and I'm getting increasingly drawn to the theory that someone else did hide her and perhaps left no digital trace or anything the police know about.

It's smelling of something bigger that just PS. I won't speculate but potentially the true story of all this would make one hell of a movie.

Considering the massive park/forest,
Samantha can be anywhere.

In Kentucky the shooter's body was found by locals (following vultures circling) in area previously checked by LE.

Really,
when I saw thick bush in the photos I realized she might never be found :(

And I don't credit the accused with any abilities to cleverly (cough, cough)
do anything,
including hiding the body.

JMO

The netflix doco shows Bowman’s jekyll & hyde character in a fair bit of depth and getting him to confess and do some truth telling was quite excruciating. Reckons he didn’t want to admit to anything or give up his secrets as he didn’t want to upset his wife. The site of the grave was a surprise and speaks to suggestions here that many murderers stay local & close to home. Mental illness can be hard to see.
I found this doco really interesting. It was tragic of course because of the victim and what she endured, but also the plight of the bio mum having give up her child as a teen mum.
I found the Jekyll and hide persona of the offender much less interesting than the wilful blindness of his wife. And even after ALL was revealed, she still stood by him.

The world is filled with unfound murdered people. I read a book about Robert Hansen (Alaskan serial killer).
When he was eventually caught the police found a box full of women's jewellery that he had kept as 'souvenirs'. They have only found a small percentage (about 17) of the women. There are thought to be many more scattered in the forests of Alaska.

I hope that one day a bushwalker will find Samantha. It must be terrible to know your loved one is out there, and not be able to find them to lay them to rest in a decent manner.

Personally I don't think she's in a mine shaft. There are lots of people who go hunting for new ones to explore. To know a shaft that no one will ever enter or look in is unlikely or really gambling.

Getting a bit of a feeling that after all these searches and nothing to show for it that whatever phone data, information etc they have, may not find her. Perhaps she has been moved from that area or she was never there. Perhaps, and I'm getting increasingly drawn to the theory that someone else did hide her and perhaps left no digital trace or anything the police know about.

It's smelling of something bigger that just PS. I won't speculate but potentially the true story of all this would make one hell of a movie.
I too think it’s possible someone else helped remove the body. I feel terribly for Samantha’s family.
If it turns out someone did assist in the removal, I would hope they too feel the full force of justice. As far as justice is possible in Victoria.

I agree with you. My thoughts, I think it's bigger and complicated. Likewise, I think Samantha was originally in the area, but has since been moved right out of the place, or she has been disposed of with other means after the fact quickly, so her body is not found

Last edited:

This area is his own backyard,.. he knows it as well as anyone knows their backyard,

He has lived there all his life.

I keep in mind that abandoned mines are extremely dangerous to him, and him loaded down with an inert dead body of a fully grown woman , trying to get a foothold, shifting around at the entrance to a crumbling mine is about as dangerous a game as anyone can play. Bodies dont just slip down mines by themselves, he would have had to work up a hell of a sweat that hot morning to play out this scenario....

These mines are abandoned for the reason that they are no good to enter anymore, the entrance has collapsed, the tunnel has collapsed, it's all a rocky crumbling dangerous unmapped, unknown, unregistered hole in the ground, how deep no one knows, it could be 1/2 metre, or 30 metres... it could be full of red bellied browns, cranky at being disturbed....

I agree with you. My thoughts, I think it's bigger and complicated. Likewise, I think Samantha was originally in the area, but has since been moved right out of the place. It was made sure her body won't be found
Yet indifferent to the disposal of the phone which was not damaged or disguised or dismantled or destroyed. Dam water levels fluctuate and locals would know that, as they would the chance of an intact phone wallet (with phone & ID cards) becoming exposed in time.
PS allegedly had a month to work on the disposals. Half of that was whilst reportedly under surveillance. So potentially he had 2 weeks of being free range.
There is also a ton of cctv from that month which would be irrelevant if he wasn’t featured in some way. Maybe his car travelled the Buninyong-Mt Mercer route a lot. Time will tell.

Remember the detailed CCTV that the police had of Borce Ristevski, travelling away to dump Karen? And his phone and her phone pinged together along the way.

The police still couldn't find Karen, as hard as they tried. But a bushwalker did, 8 months later. She wasn't even particularly well hidden, or very far off a walking track.

They need to know the precise area in which the remains are located. Not the precise spot, but the precise area. Otherwise the remains can be easily missed/not found.

I posted before, Enfield State Park - if Sam is in there - is bigger than 2,200 MCGs. (Melbourne Cricket Grounds, for those who are not familiar with Aussie acronyms.) And it is heavily wooded.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

"Criminal psychologist Tim Watson-Munro
believes police are remaining overly tight-lipped for one reason –
they think someone else is involved.

Mr Watson-Munro told he believes another person was involved in the disposal of her phone at the dam,
as it was in good condition when it was found.

'Of all the dams in that district
on all the farms in that district
they happen to find it there,
and as I understand it,
pretty well preserved',
he said.

'Clearly,
this raises the likelihood of third-party involvement because by then the accused was in custody'.

The psychologist said police were likely withholding information in hopes of 'shaking' someone down.

'I suspect someone took the phone there
and police have intelligence on that.

Leaking or providing developments to the public is inevitably strategic',
he said."

Last edited:
Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

"Criminal psychologist Tim Watson-Munro
believes police are remaining overly tight-lipped for one reason –
they think someone else is involved.

Mr Watson-Munro told he believes another person was involved in the disposal of her phone at the dam,
as it was in good condition when it was found.

'Of all the dams in that district
on all the farms in that district
they happen to find it there,
and as I understand it,
pretty well preserved',
he said.

'Clearly,
this raises the likelihood of third-party involvement because by then the accused was in custody'.

The psychologist said police were likely withholding information in hopes of 'shaking' someone down.

'I suspect someone took the phone there
and police have intelligence on that.

Leaking or providing developments to the public is inevitably strategic',
he said."

Yep ! We think the same. But we have to wait...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back