PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, she might not even realize she is the "Mystery Woman." She could have someone who asked him for the time or about a product and the one reported witness thought they were together.

I would not call it conclusive.

That could be true, but I gathered from the re-enactment they showed of the two of them being together in the antique mall that they spent more time with one another than just a brief conversation or possibly just discussing a certain item in the shop. It looked to me like they were together chatting, then separated, then got back together again and were talking. Unless they were just showing the same re-enactment scene over and over again. But it just seemed that they spent more time together than just inquiring about the time or something. I just can't understand with it being such a huge news story around the area, that she wouldn't remember her encounter with him and how important any information might be.

I put the episode on DVR and need to watch it again.

Except that it was said they were seen together in more than one antique shop or shop in the area. Surely they must know one another and she would have had to read about it, it was big news.

The shops are in one building, like a mini shopping mall. Here is the site: http://www.streetofshops.net/streettour.asp

The building is basically a converted factory or warehouse. The is a large corridor in the center and room-size shops off of it. Some just have partitions, like the diner (and great ice cream).

The way it is set up, it is possible to be 25 feet from the other person, and not be with that other person. Also, there was only one witness reporting this, though there were two reported witnesses that saw RFG in the Street of Shops that day. Three others saw him in there the next day, but without a woman.

It is not something I'd rule out, but it isn't strong either.

That could be true, but I gathered from the re-enactment they showed of the two of them being together in the antique mall that they spent more time with one another than just a brief conversation or possibly just discussing a certain item in the shop. It looked to me like they were together chatting, then separated, then got back together again and were talking. Unless they were just showing the same re-enactment scene over and over again. But it just seemed that they spent more time together than just inquiring about the time or something. I just can't understand with it being such a huge news story around the area, that she wouldn't remember her encounter with him and how important any information might be.

I put the episode on DVR and need to watch it again.

The reenactment was not reality.

Both reported witnesses were shop owners; one was Brad Alvey and the other was never identified. It is a bit unlikely that either would be leaving their shops to walk around. It would be difficult, but not impossible, to see even the bulk of the area from inside one of the shops.

I don't want to dismiss it, but I don't want to emphasize it too much either. It's one of those "maybe's" that pops up in this case.

All that said, if I was sure that all the witnesses were accurate, I'd say RFG walked away and go home. I'm still here. :)

This case is so baffling!
I am really on the fence as to whether or not this was a suicide or a walk away.
I don't see enough evidence for foul play, but I am open to convincing arguments.

I hope he is found...and that his family will have closure.

This case is so baffling!
I am really on the fence as to whether or not this was a suicide or a walk away.
I don't see enough evidence for foul play, but I am open to convincing arguments.

I hope he is found...and that his family will have closure.

I wouldn't say murder is the most likely reason, but is it still high.

Right now, you could not prove that a murder was even committed, but there is some evidence that could point to it along with some other scenarios.

The reenactment was not reality.

Both reported witnesses were shop owners; one was Brad Alvey and the other was never identified. It is a bit unlikely that either would be leaving their shops to walk around. It would be difficult, but not impossible, to see even the bulk of the area from inside one of the shops.

I don't want to dismiss it, but I don't want to emphasize it too much either. It's one of those "maybe's" that pops up in this case.

All that said, if I was sure that all the witnesses were accurate, I'd say RFG walked away and go home. I'm still here. :)

Right, I know the re-enactments aren't real, but I tend to base my opinion of the facts of the case on them sometimes, which I know is wrong. I guess it jumped out at me also because it was something new that I hadn't heard before.

On the cigarettes, the two Wilkes-Barre witnesses saw the man they identified as RFG smoking.

Why did he want to wipe the laptop?
Since he could have taken it to any computer shop and had that done, don't see why it was a big deal on the laptop. A little more understandable on the desk computer at his work to ask how to get work papers (significant for DA's and the like) and personal info off. Attorney's in public positions, DA's, Attorney Generals, etc, are squeamish about work papers and the possibility of them being obtained under FOI requests, for law suits, etc. Since in most states they aren't considered public records, I can see the desire to be sure those were destroyed when he left. However, of such folks that I know personally, the ones I asked didn't do that when they left office in because there might be aneed for them later...these couple of folks felt like there were sufficient legal protections.
--did he not prosecute a case that he should have?
--did he prosecute a case where evidence showed the defendent was not guilty?
--did he use the laptop to set up his alternative life? \
--to maintain separate financial transactions?
--did he accept a bribe somewhere along the way?

Where did he eat lunch that day? has it ever been determined. From the totality, it could seem that he went there to meet someone...maybe an old acquaintance that he just wanted to see one more time.
FWIW, I think the excessive sleeping that Patty talked about was because he was planning something, didn't want to reveal it, and thusly it was easier to pretend to sleep than to have to talk about it...now whether that was to end his life or to disappear I don't know. It seems like Patty doesn't see him dead but his daughter was emphatic that he was.

Has anyone checked to see if his brothers social security number is being used?

When one says his daughter could get his pension? Is that true? If the person dies the family member can get the pension?

Why did he want to wipe the laptop?

It was a county issued laptop and he'd have to return it when he'd retired. He'd used it like a home computer and would probably have put personal stuff on it.

I can easily understand why he didn't want it to be readable.

Where did he eat lunch that day? has it ever been determined.

From the totality, it could seem that he went there to meet someone...maybe an old acquaintance that he just wanted to see one more time.

There is circumstantial evidence he met someone, but it is not too strong.

Has anyone checked to see if his brothers social security number is being used?

I have not heard so.

When one says his daughter could get his pension? Is that true? If the person dies the family member can get the pension?

She would get a lump sum, of over $300,000.

It appears that Ray was going to great lengths to destroy his hard drive.
If it was just personal info on it, (like his address, phone numbers, etc)
I doubt he would research online how to "fry a hard drive."

I just get the feeling that there was something on that computer that he did NOT want someone (or anyone) to know about.

My best guess would be that he used that computer to get info on how to start a new life.
Or, it may have had some emails to/from another woman.
Just speculating here...

It appears that Ray was going to great lengths to destroy his hard drive.
If it was just personal info on it, (like his address, phone numbers, etc)
I doubt he would research online how to "fry a hard drive."

I just get the feeling that there was something on that computer that he did NOT want someone (or anyone) to know about.

My best guess would be that he used that computer to get info on how to start a new life.
Or, it may have had some emails to/from another woman.
Just speculating here...

His searches included things "water damage to a notebook computer." LE has indicated he was the one that did the searches.

His computer probably had things like his credit card number on it. There were also probably things of a personal nature, like family photos. I could understand why he'd want that to never see the light of day.

Not wanting people to see what is on your computer and figuring out ways to destroy a hard drive are different things. Why didn't he just purchase the laptop from the county? To me it sounds as though there was more than just family photos on it, he wanted it destroyed apparently.

Not wanting people to see what is on your computer and figuring out ways to destroy a hard drive are different things. Why didn't he just purchase the laptop from the county? To me it sounds as though there was more than just family photos on it, he wanted it destroyed apparently.

I've heard that he had talked about buying it.

I know in my case, I physically destroyed my drive. I didn't have anything illegal on it; I didn't even download legal *advertiser censored*, for example. I didn't want to run the risk of my credit card number, et c., being found.

You couple with that that he may have had personnel stuff from the office on it, possibly confidential case related stuff (copies) and I can understand it.

One of the questions I've had is if he planned to replace the drive, i.e. look up the manufacturer online, inquired at a store, or talked to a coworker about where to get a replacement.

It may or may not be related.

I watched the program Disappeared Ray Gricar tonight. They mentioned his work cellular telephone was turned off. Does anyone know if he also had a personal cellular phone that he used? Didn't he call Patty that day and he was surprised that she picked up the phone...in regards to feeding the dog.

I still thought the guy in TX looked like Ray. Kudos to the lady in TX who was on the ball and took photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur