PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess Mr. Gricar isn't going to file for his social security payments. Does anyone think he might have gone so far as to get a new fake SS#? If he did and changed his name, wow, it's going to be even harder to track him down -- especially if he went to Mexico or elsewhere outside the U.S. where probably no one would recognize him. Gay? Hmm - I guess one never knows. I've long pondered whether he met someone online which would have been another reason he wanted to destroy the hard drive. I could see him meticulously planning this out for the last year or two -- perhaps longer. Methodically setting aside money -- maybe putting it into a secret "Swiss" account? Getting the required "papers" to get a passport. He's a lawyer, he would know how to do this kind of thing. Wow. Where'd you go, Ray? C'mon, give us a hint.

RFG was more than a lawyer; he was a prosecutor. He had access to Social Security Numbers and would have known how to get ID.

He had distant cousins in Slovenia, whom he visited at some point. I'm told that some of the family photos in his office were of his Slovenian family.

The Southfield, MI sighting was within a half hour of the Canadian border and within four miles of the the Macedonian Consulate.

Enough "hints?"

Does anyone here know of a connection to Florida, particularly Zephyrhills?

Longshot, I know, but I was looking through photos and I saw this one and immediately thought of RG

http://http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2134.html

The victim was discovered on January 24, 2010 in Zephyrhills, Pasco County, Florida.
Estimated Date of Death: 6 months to several years.
State of Remains: Skeletal.

Estimated age: 35-65 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'11" and unknown weight.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown hair and eye color

I found this page's "photo" to be stunningly similar to RG. There were only skeletal remains...and there is only 1 inch difference between this victim's 5'11" height and RG's 6'

I found this page's "photo" to be stunningly similar to RG. There were only skeletal remains...and there is only 1 inch difference between this victim's 5'11" height and RG's 6'

The composite doesn't look the same. I've never heard of a tie to Florida.

They do have RFG's DNA. Only sex and age match (and they match me as well).

I thought the composite was similar....especially when you consider they are working with skeletal remains of an unknown male.

Attachments

• Doe Network.jpg
    Doe Network.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 18
Grasping at straws now, I guess....this case has driven me nuts. I don't see how the family is able to go through each day.

RFG paid of part of PEF's mortgage and never had his name added to the deed. He made from 1998 more than $100,000 gross in salary, per year, and had just over $100,000 in assets. There certainly appears to be a lack of assets.

If this was a killing, and there was someone he was with, I'd expect an argument that turned violent.

Like I said, I think this is less likely than voluntary departure, but not too much less.

JJ have you considered that its possible the woman did not kill him? Its possible that they argued but its likely that a man did so. If they argued its possible the woman walked out and just thought that Ray was okay. When he disappeared she might of assumed he walked away. I think its possible she never came forward because of the man. She may have feared the man and she don't really know what happened to Ray. Sorta like a domestic situation.

I thought the composite was similar....especially when you consider they are working with skeletal remains of an unknown male.

I think this composite absolutely looks like him. Has this been submitted? Even if no one knows of any ties to FL, it is worth it to check. IMO, the similarities are striking. Great find shefner!

JJ have you considered that its possible the woman did not kill him? Its possible that they argued but its likely that a man did so. If they argued its possible the woman walked out and just thought that Ray was okay. When he disappeared she might of assumed he walked away. I think its possible she never came forward because of the man. She may have feared the man and she don't really know what happened to Ray. Sorta like a domestic situation.

I've considered a man, but why wouldn't the woman (if there was one) come forward?

I think this composite absolutely looks like him. Has this been submitted? Even if no one knows of any ties to FL, it is worth it to check. IMO, the similarities are striking. Great find shefner!

The site said that the have DNA from the remains; they do have RFG's DNA.

To me, the jaw is much narrower in the composite.

The problem I have is that there are a lot of 35-65 year old male Caucasian remains out there that are 5'10" to 6'.

The site said that the have DNA from the remains; they do have RFG's DNA.

To me, the jaw is much narrower in the composite.

The problem I have is that there are a lot of 35-65 year old male Caucasian remains out there that are 5'10" to 6'.

While that is true, we have to keep in mind that it is a black and white composite, not a color photograph. Why not take a chance?

I've considered a man, but why wouldn't the woman (if there was one) come forward?
Perhaps she got caught being with Ray and feared her husband or boyfriend. After she finds out he is missing how can she come forward? If she left the scene and did not know Ray's fate, I can see where she would never come forward. It puts herself in danager and a possibility of a crime in with holding information.

While that is true, we have to keep in mind that it is a black and white composite, not a color photograph. Why not take a chance?

They do have RFG's DNA and were analyzing the John Doe's DNA.

I would add that there several injuries that RFG was not known to have had, i.e. broken nose and arm. All occurred prior to death.

Perhaps she got caught being with Ray and feared her husband or boyfriend. After she finds out he is missing how can she come forward? If she left the scene and did not know Ray's fate, I can see where she would never come forward. It puts herself in danager and a possibility of a crime in with holding information.

Anonymous tip? Remember, if this was a woman, people have seen her.

Thats a thought JJ. Today is Ray's anniversary, so sad that 6 years have gone by. Someone has to know what happened to him.:banghead:
I guess as corrupt as this world has become go figure!

They do have RFG's DNA and were analyzing the John Doe's DNA.

I would add that there several injuries that RFG was not known to have had, i.e. broken nose and arm. All occurred prior to death.

I guess that since RFG went missing years prior to the discovery of this body, it would not come as any surprise to me that bones may have been broken during that time...Forgive me if I am missing something--maybe I don't understand the ID process as well as I should.

It was just a shock to me when I saw the composite. I went to Doe looking into something else and just happened to see the composite. I don't follow RFG case as closely as I do others, but I IMMEDIATELY thought of him when I saw the composite.

I guess that since RFG went missing years prior to the discovery of this body, it would not come as any surprise to me that bones may have been broken during that time...Forgive me if I am missing something--maybe I don't understand the ID process as well as I should.

The injuries were prior to the John Doe's death, according to the link; my guess is they were healing or had healed. Now, it would have been possible for RFG to injured, healed (or be healing) and then died. It is hugely unlikely, however.

I didn't see the resemblance. RFG had a broader jawline; the brow line is similar.

Except for one blog, there was no comment on the case.

This guy is sipping myties with olivia newton john's boyfriend who also went missing off a fishing boat then was found on that island .. reasons no clue but clearly he had something better to go too..

Perhaps some people take stock of what they have done in their lives, and what they have not yet done -- then ask themselves whether it would be worth the cost to break free in order to discover what could still be. Mr. Gricar is smart, handsome and seemingly self assured -- he could go anywhere and make a very nice life for himself. I only hope that if he did, he understood that the pattern of his life would not change unless he was willing to change his approach. What parts of him were repressed, what dreams were unspoken, what distant horizons might he have wistfully hungered for, I wonder. Perhaps if I had known him, I could have surmised it. Surely there are some who knew him on a deeper level, understood his suppressed wants and unfulfilled dreams...or, did he feel no one would support his need to find fresh meaning in the golden years of his life. What caused him to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces