PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a chart from the Attorney General's Office:

800px-Gerald_Sandusky_Sexual_Abuse_Findings_of_Grand_Jury.png
What bout Maderia and Corbett? shouldn't they be on his chart?

New to this...been looking for something new about or from J. Karen Arnold....I'm still reading through her "Ladies and Gentleman of the Jury...". Anyone know where she is currently?

Published in 2007. She ran in the Democratic primary in 2009, and lost. Complained about a blog I wrote in the summer of 2010.

What bout Maderia and Corbett? shouldn't they be on his chart?

All that I know is that Madeira on hearing the report declared a conflict of interest. Corbett administered the office, but I don't know if he's informed about the case.

Any chance Gricar disappearance related to another case...

http://www.yardbird.com/midnight_ride_mark_cohen_letter_12505.htm

...."On December 4, 2003, Assistant United States Attorney Jonathan P. Luna was found dead, lying in a stream and stabbed thirty-six times, outside of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Luna's death has been ruled a homicide by the Lancaster County coroner.

Luna had mysteriously vanished from his desk in the federal courthouse in Baltimore, Maryland, the night before. AUSA Luna had been working late on a troubled plea agreement involving violent, inter-state drug trafficking.

Some sixteen months later, on April 17, 2005, Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar vanished without a trace under equally mysterious circumstances outside of Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. Shortly before his death, DA Gricar had announced the biggest inter-state drug investigation in the history of his county".

Any chance Gricar disappearance related to another case...

http://www.yardbird.com/midnight_ride_mark_cohen_letter_12505.htm

...."On December 4, 2003, Assistant United States Attorney Jonathan P. Luna was found dead, lying in a stream and stabbed thirty-six times, outside of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Luna's death has been ruled a homicide by the Lancaster County coroner.

Luna had mysteriously vanished from his desk in the federal courthouse in Baltimore, Maryland, the night before. AUSA Luna had been working late on a troubled plea agreement involving violent, inter-state drug trafficking.

Some sixteen months later, on April 17, 2005, Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar vanished without a trace under equally mysterious circumstances outside of Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. Shortly before his death, DA Gricar had announced the biggest inter-state drug investigation in the history of his county".

Completely different MO's. They covered different states, and this was completely covered in the previous thread. :)

On Fox tonight at 9 PM Eastern, Mr. Buehner will be discussing the Gricar case.

I'm watching the show right now on Fox... Justice With Judge Jeanine. But I came in 15 min after it began.

She's covering Baby Lisa. Did anyone see if the Gricar Case was covered at the beginning?

Now she's talking about the Debate in South Carolina. :waitasec:

ETA: David Lohr, from HuffPost said in an article, that he would be discussing the Gricar Case also, on same show.

I'm watching the show right now on Fox... Justice With Judge Jeanine. But I came in 15 min after it began.

She's covering Baby Lisa. Did anyone see if the Gricar Case was covered at the beginning?

Now she's talking about the Debate in South Carolina. :waitasec:

ETA: David Lohr, from HuffPost said in an article, that he would be discussing the Gricar Case also, on same show.

Short, Mr. Buehner said that he wouldn't charge on one of the charges, but didn't mention the other two. The judge kind of laughed.

I really like David Lohr. I don't have cable, so any posts about this show will be greatly appreciated!

I just have to say - a friend who is not a websleuth suggested a connection to me yesterday...this is interesting and needs investigation...also - what about Moon?

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/05/2975854/conflict-what-conflict.html

most significant article. Why did Madiera hand it over to the Attorney General.

WHAT WAS THE CONFLICT OF INTEREST?????

MTM declines to disclose the conflict of interest:

Madeira said he decided to turn it over to his former employer, the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, because the AG had access to a statewide grand jury and Madeira had a conflict of interest, which he will not talk about.

He said he knew of only one case against Sandusky and did not realize until the charges were filed that eight youngsters have been included as victims.

He called the Sandusky charges "very bad and disturbing."

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/c...church-handling-of-abuse-reports.html?nav=742

MTM made a point of not turning the Gricar case over to the AG. I have never been critical of that choice, because, legally he could only do so if he needed additional resources or if there is a conflict of interest.

Frankly, these articles are so disturbing and make me ill. To think how long this has been going on, is insane and getting away with it!

I had to vent...

If we're going to condemn Ray for nonprosecution, are we sure that the witnesses were willing to testify in open court in this case back in 1998-9? (The Grand Jury was not public.) If they were not, it would still come up in the public now as the DA having decided not to prosecute.

I guess we don't know, but I think they may have been. The mom wore a wire and so they have a recording of Sandusky admitting guilt. I don't think the mom would have worn a wire if she had not been willing to get involved in the prosecution of this case.

I guess we don't know, but I think they may have been. The mom wore a wire and so they have a recording of Sandusky admitting guilt. I don't think the mom would have worn a wire if she had not been willing to get involved in the prosecution of this case.

I'm not sure if it was a wire. My understanding is that the police were hiding in another room.

Consider this, however:

1. It was the mother who called the police.

2. It was the mother that let the police monitor the call, after Sandusky called her.

Those are not really the actions of someone who won't pursue the case.

Is there a date that Madiera turned over?
Would like to see in the timeline.
Good article, J.J.....as I said up the thread...the conflict should be disclosed. It's relevant.
I hope AP goes back with additional FOI requests....also media groups could look at singly or together going to court seeking release....if state law gives them any wiggle room...there have been major improvements in the state's FOI laws in recent years.
The part I don't get...why would there be no records of the 1998 investigation which included Gricar in the case.....did the DA mean they have been turned over to the AG? A DA can't just go in destroy records...at least not in this state...they can close a case, get a judge to seal, but they can't destroy...or at least aren't supposed to.

In our state, media always looks for where duplicate records may be housed...might be closed in one place but open in another? :). Of course when that happens someone rushes to close the loophole in the next legislative session. sometimes they are successful. Sometimes not. :)

Is there a date that Madiera turned over?
Would like to see in the timeline.
Good article, J.J.....as I said up the thread...the conflict should be disclosed. It's relevant.
I hope AP goes back with additional FOI requests....also media groups could look at singly or together going to court seeking release....if state law gives them any wiggle room...there have been major improvements in the state's FOI laws in recent years.
The part I don't get...why would there be no records of the 1998 investigation which included Gricar in the case.....did the DA mean they have been turned over to the AG? A DA can't just go in destroy records...at least not in this state...they can close a case, get a judge to seal, but they can't destroy...or at least aren't supposed to.

In our state, media always looks for where duplicate records may be housed...might be closed in one place but open in another? :). Of course when that happens someone rushes to close the loophole in the next legislative session. sometimes they are successful. Sometimes not. :)

MTM got the call in 2009 and was out of office by the end of the year.

The reports like the 1998 incidents are supposed to be destroyed after 16 months.

MTM got the call in 2009 and was out of office by the end of the year.

The reports like the 1998 incidents are supposed to be destroyed after 16 months.

Wow, 18 months...maybe that statute needs changing. These are the reports held by the DA, correct?
That seesm like an awfully short period of time.......

Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member