PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray was way too smart to keep child *advertiser censored* on a work computer.

Well, in theory, no.

The laptop was portable, so he could know where it was. He didn't have to worry about a supervisor, because he was the ultimate supervisor in the office.

That said, I'd be surprised if he had child *advertiser censored* on the laptop.

Here's a good article/blog by a criminal defense attorney about Ray Gricar being missing. Has some good info. I didn't know that he may be using one of two aliases - Ray Lange and Ray Gray, according to his FBI Missing poster, which is still active:

http://www.dallasjustice.com/dallascriminallawyerblog/

ETA: Oops - I see the aliases have already been mentioned above.

Here's a screenshot of the FBI flyer (annotation is mine):

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/ray-frank-gricar

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-11 at 11.16.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-11 at 11.16.45 PM.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 211
Doesn't Mr.Gricar have relatives somewhere in Eastern Europe ?

You mustn't have been looking very hard as his nephew and his colleague at the DA's office both believe he was being cautious in not bringing the charges due to the difficulty at securing a conviction.

As far as the rest of your post, no, just no. If Ray was mixed up with the pedos, he had no reason to run. Ray was way too smart to keep child *advertiser censored* on a work computer.

In all fairness, that is impossible to know. He was probably the only person with access to it, and it may very well have been the best place to store that type of content. Is it likely? Probably not, but, still impossible to rule out at this point in time.

I also think if he was involved with pedos, it would be a great reason to run, especially if he was concerned it could come to light.

Again, I am not saying its likely. However, I do believe pedos often work in rings, and it wouldn't surprise me if we see a lot more people, prominent people to boot, exposed in this scandal.

Doesn't Mr.Gricar have relatives somewhere in Eastern Europe ?

The article crocus posted mentions the connection, in relation to a possible sighting in Southfield:

Southfield also has a foreign consulate, for the Republic of Macedonia, which was opened in 20036. This is significant because it is former Yugoslavian Republic, like Mr. Gricar’s ancestral home of Slovenia7; he had vacationed in Slovenia and had distant relatives there. It could be possible to enter Macedonia and using the documents go to Slovenia. A visa could be obtained at the consulate. If you are looking for a reason why Mr. Gricar would choose Southfield, that could be it. Had Mr. Gricar been in Canada, this might be the easiest place to cross to get travel documents. That could explain Southfield as a choice location.

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/02/14/2518751/southfield-sighting.html#ixzz1dTACi47D

Regarding the timeline. I'm not finding it impossible for Ms. Fenton to be correct about her sighting at all. Google maps puts Lewisburg shoppes at 61 miles to Bellefonte, but according to the articles you guys posted on here puts Lewiston only 41 miles away. One can make that drive in 60 min or less; especially since both towns look to be on 1-80 - a major highway. If Ray was almost in Lewisburg when Ray called his GF at 11:30, it would make sense that he would be sighted there by 12. If he stayed until 1:30 and then left, he would definitely get back to Bellefonte by 3 pm - which would explain Ms. Fenton Sighting.

If he then dropped something off real quick or met with someone to let them know the drive was disposed of or whatever, he could have turned around and drove right back to Lewisburg to be seen there between 4-5.

Since there was the "sighting" of a woman with him at the Shoppes, it's quite conceivable, and I think likely, that he took her car back to Bellefonte and then drove it back to her in Lewisburg by 4-5. Hence, why Ms. Fenton saw him in a car she was unfamiliar with. It all seems pretty logical to me. I dont know why LE would dismiss it. Maybe because it didn't fit with what they thought happened or expected happened.

Find the lady Ray was with at the Shoppes and see what kind of car she had. Also figure out what was so important that he had to go back to Bellefonte real quick before returning back to Lewisburg.

2 things:

1. Carolyn Fenton mistaking the day of the week: I find it hard to mistake a Friday. Especially with it being April 15. April 15 is one of those days that everyone is aware of what day it is. But even if she did mistake the day, whose car was Ray in?

2. Ray Gricar's reputation of not backing down: What about the Scott Paxson sexual assault case in 2004? Paxson was a star football player for Penn State. Gricar backed down.

If a DA has a reputation for not backing down, I find it odd that he would back down from a case involving pedophilia and a case involving sexual assault, regardless that it involved members of the same football program.

MAYBE the "freshy dug grave" was for a large family pet, or maybe it was somthing related to PSU, if it ever existed at all.
SOME statements lack any credibility.
The story about a grave is one of them. Where are the cell phone pics? Where was the 911 call?
Not buying it at all in relationship to what is known about Ray Gricar.
Besides, who digs a grave, then leaves it for " someone" to find? This is not the Hardy Boys mysteries. :)

It was in the CDT and JJ knows it is true. It was on our property and I can assure you there is a state police report in Clinton County and they passed that on to Bellefonte PA. The blog writer at the time was Mr Bosack and it can be checked out and verified. It was PSU that dug it their geology team Im told. All nestled on private property with a cabin and no tresspassing signs.

oh I know, I was just adding it for spice...it is a very unusual account though,
also if you dug it for a large pet, then it would just make sense to go ahead and put the dead pet in it then, no?

digging a grave is not childs play.

not that I believe it ...seriously

The Centre Daily times had a picture of it. Its not for a pet its much bigger. I don't have a url to put it up. I can only send it by email. Enough witness have seen it to know what it is.

2 things:

1. Carolyn Fenton mistaking the day of the week: I find it hard to mistake a Friday. Especially with it being April 15. April 15 is one of those days that everyone is aware of what day it is. But even if she did mistake the day, whose car was Ray in?

Seeing RFG in the parking lot would be something that would stand out on either 4/14 or 4/15. The tape does not fit with 4/15.

2. Ray Gricar's reputation of not backing down: What about the Scott Paxson sexual assault case in 2004? Paxson was a star football player for Penn State. Gricar backed down.

If a DA has a reputation for not backing down, I find it odd that he would back down from a case involving pedophilia and a case involving sexual assault, regardless that it involved members of the same football program.

The next DA did charge Paxson, but the case was so weak the felony charge was dismissed, IIRC.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2009/02/02/district_attorney_to_run_despi.aspx

http://www.redorbit.com/news/busine..._prosecutor_might_withdraw_charges/index.html

It was in the CDT and JJ knows it is true. It was on our property and I can assure you there is a state police report in Clinton County and they passed that on to Bellefonte PA. The blog writer at the time was Mr Bosack and it can be checked out and verified. It was PSU that dug it their geology team Im told. All nestled on private property with a cabin and no tresspassing signs.

According to the reporter at the time, if was part of a geology project for Penn State.

Here's a good article/blog by a criminal defense attorney about Ray Gricar being missing. Has some good info. I didn't know that he may be using one of two aliases - Ray Lange and Ray Gray, according to his FBI Missing poster, which is still active:

http://www.dallasjustice.com/dallascriminallawyerblog/

ETA: Oops - I see the aliases have already been mentioned above.

If we're going to condemn Ray for nonprosecution, are we sure that the witnesses were willing to testify in open court in this case back in 1998-9? (The Grand Jury was not public.) If they were not, it would still come up in the public now as the DA having decided not to prosecute.

The NY Times ran an article today about Tom Corbett's involvement in the Sandusky case and how he started the investigation, grand jury, etc but had to stay quiet while running for governor and even after he took office.

However, this is an interesting tidbit from the article (emphasis is mine):

The Penn State case also had echoes of a prosecution Mr. Corbett had led as a young assistant district attorney. Mr. Sandusky is alleged to have used a foundation he created for disadvantaged children, called the Second Mile, to prey upon young boys. In the case earlier in Mr. Corbett’s career, he prosecuted a serial pedophile who ran a club for troubled children called the Children of the Wind.

In 2004, Mr. Corbett was elected attorney general, and quickly created a special unit to investigate child predators. He privately cited the Children of the Wind victims as the reason, saying he remained haunted by victims in the case, Mr. Harley recalled.

Original NY Times article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/sports/ncaafootball/tom-corbett-pennsylvania-governor-couldnt-discuss-inquiry.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&exprod=myyahoo

JJ: I found the timing to be VERY interesting because Corbett made the task force one of his campaign promises while running for AG.

Corbett gets elected, Gricar announces his retirement.

The NY Times ran an article today about Tom Corbett's involvement in the Sandusky case and how he started the investigation, grand jury, etc but had to stay quiet while running for governor and even after he took office.

However, this is an interesting tidbit from the article (emphasis is mine):

The Penn State case also had echoes of a prosecution Mr. Corbett had led as a young assistant district attorney. Mr. Sandusky is alleged to have used a foundation he created for disadvantaged children, called the Second Mile, to prey upon young boys. In the case earlier in Mr. Corbett’s career, he prosecuted a serial pedophile who ran a club for troubled children called the Children of the Wind.

In 2004, Mr. Corbett was elected attorney general, and quickly created a special unit to investigate child predators. He privately cited the Children of the Wind victims as the reason, saying he remained haunted by victims in the case, Mr. Harley recalled.

Original NY Times article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/sports/ncaafootball/tom-corbett-pennsylvania-governor-couldnt-discuss-inquiry.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&exprod=myyahoo

JJ: I found the timing to be VERY interesting because Corbett made the task force one of his campaign promises while running for AG.

Corbett gets elected, Gricar announces his retirement.

things that make you go hmmmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member