PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by overnight?

Three witnesses, two people working at a diner in the SoS, and the building owner, Craig Bennett, all reported that they saw him in the SoS between 11:30 AM and noon on 4/16/05.

I give that sighting about 50% likely as being RFG. Some people give it a much higher chance of being correct.

I hope that you are right and that Mr. Gricar is alive and safe. It would be an answered prayer.

I wish I could be sure that he was alive. :(

I give it 51% that RFG disappearance was a voluntary (non-suicide) departure. I give it 49% that it wasn't. :(

And the numbers are subject to change.

Three witnesses, two people working at a diner in the SoS, and the building owner, Craig Bennett, all reported that they saw him in the SoS between 11:30 AM and noon on 4/16/05.

That detail escaped me. I heard of the SoS sighting, but assumed it was the day of the drive.

If he was known to take off alone for days at a time (eg. Cleveland Indians game), he could have traveled for work and pleasure w/ the meeting just happening to be on the second day.

That detail escaped me. I heard of the SoS sighting, but assumed it was the day of the drive.

Here are revealed Lewisburg sightings:

Lewisburg: 4/15/05 (Prior to 4:00 PM)
Around noon:
Ms. Snyder, saw Mr. Gricar and the Mini across from the Packwood House Museum.
Afternoon (possibly before 1:30 PM):
At least two other witnesses saw Mr. Gricar moving the car across from the Packwood House Museum.

4:00 PM-5:00 PM:
McKnight’s witness saw Mr. Gricar, driving the Mini, on Route 15 near the Country Cupboard.

Circa 5:30 PM:
At least two witnesses saw Mr. Gricar moving the Mini in the parking lot across from the Street of Shops. The Mini was seen parked there later.
At least two people, Mr. Alvey and another person saw Mr. Gricar in the Street of Shops at about the same time; at least one saw him with the “Mystery Woman.”

Lewisburg: 4/16/05
11:00 AM to Noon: Two employees, Mr. Bennett, see Mr. Gricar in Street of Shops.
6:30 PM
State Police Trooper spots the Mini Cooper in the parking lot across from the Street of Shops.

At some point over these two days, an additional witness saw RFG with the "Mystery Woman."

Now, bluntly, I have some problems with the 4/16/05 witnesses. Bennett was 90% sure it was him, but still the possibility they mistook someone else for him.

Note that the "Courthouse Sighting" was at 3:00 PM on 4/15/05.

If he was known to take off alone for days at a time (eg. Cleveland Indians game), he could have traveled for work and pleasure w/ the meeting just happening to be on the second day.

At least 8 people had him in Lewisburg at various points on 4/15/05.

Just to be crystal clear on the sightings:

1. Those are the ones that LE has not ruled out (and they have said he was in Lewisburg).

2. Not all the sightings in or around Lewisburg have necessarily been released. In some cases, the details have not been released.

So? What's so hard to understand that a neat man would choose a neat- looking " type" of woman more than once?
Your argument is hollow, Twinkile " starry".
I'm not taking your bait.

I'm here because I care about a missing man, although I do believe he is alive and safe. I'm definitely not here to argue with you about anything, Waste of time.

It's not an argument, just a comment. It doesn't matter what he looks like. If his type was a woman with double D's, it wouldn't surprise me if girlfriend #10 resembled wife #1. Some men prefer curves. I don't agree with you that he chose PEF as his girlfriend because she drifted into the woodwork of his life or looked "professional". He chose PEF because she was his type.

It's not an argument, just a comment. It doesn't matter what he looks like. If his type was a woman with double D's, it wouldn't surprise me if girlfriend #10 resembled wife #1. Some men prefer curves. I don't agree with you that he chose PEF as his girlfriend because she drifted into the woodwork of his life or looked "professional". He chose PEF because she was his type.

I've seen photos of RFG's second wife, however. There was absolutely no resemblance between her and #1 and PEF.

There was a marked difference in education.

Wife #1 had a doctorate.

Wife #2 I don't think had a degree at all.

PEF had a bachelors, but no advanced degree.

I've seen photos of RFG's second wife, however. There was absolutely no resemblance between her and #1 and PEF.

Wife #1 had a doctorate.

I was just going to ask you about this! It makes a lot of sense that wife #2 broke the pattern. Likewise, if he walked away, he broke the pattern of his life, so it would be interesting to know of other instances in which he deviated from the straight and narrow, well-controlled course.

I was just going to ask you about this! It makes a lot of sense that wife #2 broke the pattern. Likewise, if he walked away, he broke the pattern of his life, so it would be interesting to know of other instances in which he deviated from the straight and narrow, well-controlled course.

Well, I've had two serious relationships. One was the niece of a member of Reagan's White House Staff. The other worked her way through college as a go-go dancer. :)

Well, I've had two serious relationships. One was the niece of a member of Reagan's White House Staff. The other worked her way through college as a go-go dancer. :)

Well then....you must be quite eclectic, JJ.
:juggle:

Wife #1 had a doctorate.

Well, I quit college early and have no degree either. But I worked my behind off to put hubby through his Master's and Doctorate....and I even helped write some of his papers (but NOT that crazy dissertation).

Now he works his behind off so I can stay home and be a Websleuther.

It was a nice trade-off.
:websleuther:

Well, I quit college early and have no degree either. But I worked my behind off to put hubby through his Master's and Doctorate....and I even helped write some of his papers (but NOT that crazy dissertation).

Now he works his behind off so I can stay home and be a Websleuther.

It was a nice trade-off.
:websleuther:

While Dr. Gray, wife #1, was earning her doctorate, RFG was working as a prosecutor in Cleveland. Just after she got it, she got a job at Penn State, in 1979. RFG quit his job and they moved to Centre County. He was originally going to be a stay at home dad, but around 1980-81, he was approached about being an ADA.

While Dr. Gray, wife #1, was earning her doctorate, RFG was working as a prosecutor in Cleveland. Just after she got it, she got a job at Penn State, in 1979. RFG quit his job and they moved to Centre County. He was originally going to be a stay at home dad, but around 1980-81, he was approached about being an ADA.

The only people lower on the totem pole than stay-at-home dads are stay-at-home moms. Unfortunately, this is how much of society views these two very important jobs. I don't....but many do. And I feel sure RFG, while being fulfilled in the role of stay-at-home daddy, would have soon found that role being underrated by the intellectual community at large.

Bless him....what a great guy he must have been. Using past tense because...well, that's just how I am thinking at the moment.

The only people lower on the totem pole than stay-at-home dads are stay-at-home moms. Unfortunately, this is how much of society views these two very important jobs. I don't....but many do. And I feel sure RFG, while being fulfilled in the role of stay-at-home daddy, would have soon found that role being underrated by the intellectual community at large.

Bless him....what a great guy he must have been. Using past tense because...well, that's just how I am thinking at the moment.

It wasn't too common in 1980, but there were some peers on campus that were also stay at home dads. I remember my econ professor mentioning it.

There now can be no question that the 1998 charges were strong enough to prosecute.

The 1998 charges always sounded like some of the stronger ones. The two on the campus are the ones that seem to lack key elements.

The 1998 charges always sounded like some of the stronger ones. The two on the campus are the ones that seem to lack key elements.

Those were my thoughts.

RFG actually had another victim in 1998, that the AG didn't have. :(

It wasn't a rape, in either case, but a prosecution could have stopped all of this.

Heck, just getting the information to DPW could have stopped all of this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member