GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case sounds very similar to David Hedrick; although there were no previous signs of abuse to Dara.

Why?! I just will never understand the abuse cycle.

Cycle is a sadly apt word here, if it is true he beat her monthly, when drinking or drunk...it is fruitless to say why didn't she get out or why did she marry him in the first place....but :( ??

Wannabe,
You sure called that one! Glad he was not able to pull a Ryan Brunn.

:bang:

I know, that's horrible. Could have been drugs. KDKA radio had a report on my drive home. I'll try to paraphrase what the officer said. We know where the husband is. We do want to talk to him. I cannot say much more.

The reporter also stated that currently no one has been namee as a suspect and that the husband was admitted to the emergency room today. They did not give a reason.

Did someone from Rebecca's family come and get her dogs and are they taking care of them? There wouldn't be anyone at the house to care for them with her dead and her husband in the hospital. I think she should have had guard dog trained German shepherds instead of friendly Golden retrievers.

Did someone from Rebecca's family come and get her dogs and are they taking care of them? There wouldn't be anyone at the house to care for them with her dead and her husband in the hospital. I think she should have had guard dog trained German shepherds instead of friendly Golden retrievers.

Yes, someone picked them up earlier today. I believe it was her sister's husband.

An abundance of evidence led them to where she was. Bags of evidence were removed from the house. What could have been in the house that would have led them to that specific area?

I'm sorry, Rebecca. I just got home and learned the news. I thought about you and your students and your family for most of the night. It kept me awake.

I'll be thinking about you for a long time. R.I.P.

This was reported earlier:

"Missing woman's brother-in-law was out looking for Rebecca Stahl & state police drove by & he followed them to where they found a dead body."

From http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/state-police-search-missing-hempfield-township-wom/nJdC5/:

Channel 11 News has learned that David Stahl pleaded guilty to simple assault in 2007 after his wife said he threw her down a flight of stairs, pulled her hair out and threw her into the kitchen table. At that time, the two were engaged, and Rebecca took out a protection from abuse order against him.

David Stahl was sentenced to serve 9 to 23 months in jail.

Though sentenced for 9 to 23 months, I wonder if David Stahl ever actually served time. If he did, it sure didn't teach him a lesson. If he didn't, shame on the courts for failing to enforce the sentence.

:rose:RIP Rebecca:rose:

Though sentenced for 9 to 23 months, I wonder if David Stahl ever actually served time. If he did, it sure didn't teach him a lesson. If he didn't, shame on the courts for failing to enforce the sentence.

:rose:RIP Rebecca:rose:

I thought I read he served 9 months, but not postive...
I still don't get marrying him after that...:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska
Back