GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
all I can say is: My sincere sympathies to everyone that loved her.
May she rest in peace.

Please help me out... where did you see that her husband was at a club last night? This case is so horrible ... a six grade teacher. Bless her family and students.

This case really hits home for me. I grew up in Greensburg :(

I talked to a friend of mine who went to Derry Area. Though we are both several years graduated, my friend is taking it pretty hard because she did know Mrs. Stahl.

Rest in peace, Rebecca. Prayers and thoughts to your family and friends. I'm glad they know where the husband is and will string him up good. Thank God he didn't succeed in committing suicide. I hope he's closely guarded until he gets in with the general population in prison, and they take care of him there.

Please help me out... where did you see that her husband was at a club last night? This case is so horrible ... a six grade teacher. Bless her family and students.

It's a comment from a neighbor under the news story I linked. We're not allowed to copy & paste comments, but you can go read them.

It's a comment from a neighbor under the news story I linked. We're not allowed to copy & paste comments, but you can go read them.

and according to some, he was abusive to his 1st wife !!!
neighbors hated him, made him move his shed 2 feet!
Kids would listen to them fight at all hours of the day and night.
WOW
lots of writing on the wall.

One of the reports stated that the state police were going to take the husband for questioning after he was discharged. If his blood alcohol is extremely elevated, he will be left in the ER until his level falls below .10 and this may take 8 or more hours. We may not hear any additional news until tomorrow morning.

One of the reports stated that the state police were going to take the husband for questioning after he was discharged. If his blood alcohol is extremely elevated, he will be left in the ER until his level falls below .10 and this may take 8 or more hours. We may not hear any additional news until tomorrow morning.

In the mean time which lawyer will run in and 'protect' him................

AHA probably did a GAnthony...pills and boose.........how did he get to hospital??
Wonder if he drove??? DUI, too...........

It'll be interesting to see if he fesses up or lawyers up. I think police should leave him alone in the hospital for a few days. His defense attorney is going to spin that police "badgered" him whilst he was distressed and suicidal if police try to press him now.

They found enough evidence in the house to lead them to Rebecca's body, so it's a safe bet they have him dead to rights. No need to screw it up now by being hasty.

As long as they keep track of him, I'm fine with them taking their time to justice.

In the mean time which lawyer will run in and 'protect' him................

AHA probably did a GAnthony...pills and boose.........how did he get to hospital??
Wonder if he drove??? DUI, too...........

BBM. Wouldn't be the first time.

Why was the search warrant sealed? What needed to be protected from the public's view for 20 days?

http://www.wtae.com/video/30537795/detail.html

Missing Teacher's Husband Has Checkered Past

--video @ link

--rebecca's dad and brother-in-law went to the home today, rescued her dogs

--david attempted suicide, condition: NOT serious

--troopers are w/ him, waiting to question him

--david IS a suspect in rebecca's strangulation death

--more about his charges / financial problems

headlines right now is our wind situation and a dog fighting ring busted!

husband still in hospital in 'GOOD condition'
LE working on an arrest warrant
her brother and BIL was there when she was found
search warrant did collect evidence where she would be found!
(that is why it is probably sealed)
autopsy completed and results pending...............
WPXI TV

This has hit close to home. It's terrible. And I hope justice is served. And I think we all know who is to blame. That was a no brainer as soon as the reports started coming out.

It upsets me to see some of the comments posted under the news articles about how she should have left, she knew how he was, so this is her fault. Women in this situation tend to be more afraid of what may happen to them or a family member if they try to leave than they are of the beatings. People who post things can be so ignorant. Her family, friends and young students are reading these things. It's horrible.

BBM

I agree with all of the above.

The part I bolded is supported by statistics; the most dangerous period in a victim's life starts when they consider leaving and doesn't end until they've been out of the relationship for six full months without any contact with the abuser (so, in divorce cases, this means they are at high risk during the entire divorce proceeding).

So in a sense, a victim who is afraid to leave is making a pragmatic decision that they are in less danger if they stay. Pile that on top of all the hassles of moving out, possible financial insecurity, possible social stigma for leaving, etc, and it can seem like all the choices available are bad but staying is the best of a bad lot.

People ask: Why don't victims consider leaving sooner? Or leave the first time they are abused? Or the first time the abuse puts them in the hospital?

It's due to a whole variety of factors, not least of which is that the abuse is not continuous. Most of the time, the abuser is actually quite nice, even charming. Very convincing about feeling remorse and about vowing never to do it again.

Sometimes the victim is convinced by the abuser that the abuse is actually controlled by the victim: "if only you didn't do X" or "when you do Y..." The victim is convinced that they control the trigger for the abuse and each time it happens, the victim believes they will never trigger the abuse again.

If there are pets or children in the household, there's often an element of hostage holding: "if you leave, you will never see Fluffy/Junior again."

I once went to a talk by a woman who had climbed Mt Everest and left her abusive husband. She said planning, training and climbing Mt Everest was easier and less complicated than leaving her ex.

I've never forgotten that.

husband still in hospital in 'GOOD condition'
LE working on an arrest warrant
her brother and BIL was there when she was found
search warrant did collect evidence where she would be found!
(that is why it is probably sealed)
autopsy completed and results pending...............
WPXI TV

Could it be possible that this stuff was collected today and maybe there was some kind of suicide note, then he didn't actually die? What else would take them right to where she would be found?

mrsu - i never thought of that...

this may be a long shot, but here's another idea...do you think there is a possibility that he "tried to attempt suicide" knowing fully well he wasn't actually going to do it, but make it look like he tried to because he KNEW after all the warrants were obtained, the house was searched and the vehicles were impounded, that he was busted? So if he looked "unstable" he could plead insanity??? just a thought...

http://postgazette.com/pg/12056/1212682 ... newspanel4
Missing Derry teacher's body found; police say she's a victim of homicide

Mr. Anderson said he learned of his sister's death at about 11 a.m. and drove as fast as he could down the highway to Bell Memorial Church Road in Unity, near where her body was spotted.

Trooper Limani said state police had organized a search party and a liquor control enforcement cadet from the state police academy spotted her body in waist-high, evergreen shrubbery about 20 feet off the roadway.

Ms. Stahl's father, Kenneth Anderson, reported her missing on Tuesday. Tom Anderson said he learned for the first time that day that his sister was missing. "I said I was going to find her," he said, noting that he rummaged through Dumpsters while he was searching for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back