GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could it be possible that this stuff was collected today and maybe there was some kind of suicide note, then he didn't actually die? What else would take them right to where she would be found?

--LE went there 1st though,( based on evidence that they won't disclose, found the body )-----and then they went back into the house and brought out more bags of evidence later.

--if there was a suicide note, they would have come across it after they found the body today and he "attempted" suicide.

--the hospital reports tonight that he's fine, his injuries are not serious.

--it was either a fake attempt, OR he couldn't bring himself to injure HIMSELF seriously ( even though it doesn't bother him to smack women around.........and strangle one of them to death.)

--LE went there 1st though,( based on evidence that they won't disclose, found the body )-----and then they went back into the house and brought out more bags of evidence later.

--if there was a suicide note, they would have come across it after they found the body today and he "attempted" suicide.

--it was either a fake attempt, OR he couldn't bring himself to injure HIMSELF seriously ( even though it doesn't bother him to smack women around.........and strangle one of them to death.)

You're probably right. I just wondered if there was any way they would have searched the house again this morning before they found her?

If he was out drinking last night at a club like the comment from the local suggested, he could have gone home (or where ever he stayed) took a bunch of pills and didn't think he would wake up. Someone could have found him or possibly the attempt was unsuccessful and he was very ill in the morning and went to the ER?

BBM
Upthread they said he'd stay in the hospital until his BAC was .10 or less.
He was drunk, he probably missed. And ex SIL of mine tried to commit suicide when she was drunk and couldn't hold the gun steady, she shot herself through the shoulder~!
Guess we'll find out more tomorrow. So very sorry to find out this was the outcome of the search for this well loved lady.

http://www.wtae.com/video/30537795/detail.html

Missing Teacher's Husband Has Checkered Past

--video @ link

--rebecca's dad and brother-in-law went to the home today, rescued her dogs

--david attempted suicide, condition: NOT serious

--troopers are w/ him, waiting to question him

--david IS a suspect in rebecca's strangulation death

--more about his charges / financial problems

JMO, but sounds like a spoiled brat who never matured. Drunken bully, party, not financially responsible, entitlement issues/control, works for dad, etc.

Prayers and condolences to her family, friends, students and his children. How sickening. A relationship with a bottle...is a marriage within itself..... and no room for anyone else. Been there.

Could it be possible that this stuff was collected today and maybe there was some kind of suicide note, then he didn't actually die? What else would take them right to where she would be found?

Cell phone records? Witness? Computer search? The remainder of the plastic found in the garage/home?

“We’re working on trying to find out why she died and if it gets labeled a homicide or a murder then from there we’ll try and develop a suspect and ultimately arrest the person that did it,” State Trooper Steve Limani said.

"trying to find our if it gets labled a homicide or murder" Gots to get Googling to find out what the difference is.

It sure sounds like Rebecca went through hell with this man bless her heart. I hope this dirt bag never sees the light of day again.

I thought homicide meant murder. :confused:

Homicide just means that the death was caused by another human being. Murder means that the homicide was illegal.

For instance, the manner of death in a state sanctioned lethal injection execution is homicide, but it is not murder. Killing another person in self defense would be classed as homicide, but is not murder.

Homicide is the killing of a human by another human, and is not always illegal. Murder is the illegal homicide of one human by another.

I suppose it technically is possible that David commited homicide, but not murder, in the killing of Rebecca; but I don't think it will turn out that way.

I wonder why LE hasn't name POI or executed arrest warrant. Just because someone is hospitalized doesn't mean they can't arrest. No?

Really?? He was in prison for abusing her BEFORE she married him??? That is so unreal.

I wonder why LE hasn't name POI or executed arrest warrant. Just because someone is hospitalized doesn't mean they can't arrest. No?

could the reason be attempted suicide and now he is in a 'psych' ward???
No one can see him for that 3 day thing?

Really?? He was in prison for abusing her BEFORE she married him??? That is so unreal.

I think that speaks to the emotional hold these men have over their victims. Rebecca was an intelligent, educated, beloved teacher with a caring family who certainly didn't need this paroled convict with absolutely nothing going for him. She could have made it quite well on her own, yet was obviously emotionally tied to him for whatever reason. We on the outside can see no rational explanation for her staying with a man who subjected her to such treatment because it simply isn't rational or logical; it's emotional.

Unfortunately, you just can't reason with emotional dysfunction. What's really galling in these situations is how the abusers use that emotional bond against their victim, who in a lot of cases simply loves them beyond all reason. She dropped the protection order and married him because she loved him; in return, he served her the ultimate betrayal.

I can't type the depth of my disgust towards this man, and men like him, because I don't want to be banned.

My thought exactly (previous post). Insanity plea? Anyone else think the failed suicide attempt was done intentionally?

LE says they are working on the warrant. I imagine it will be finished soon, and they will execute it when he's released; hopefully sometime today.

My thought exactly (previous post). Insanity plea? Anyone else think the failed suicide attempt was done intentionally?

No, he's not smart enough to mastermind a diabolical insanity plea plot. I think he just does stupid, impulsive things when he's drunk and he screwed it up.

I think that speaks to the emotional hold these men have over their victims. Rebecca was an intelligent, educated, beloved teacher with a caring family who certainly didn't need this paroled convict with absolutely nothing going for him. She could have made it quite well on her own, yet was obviously emotionally tied to him for whatever reason. We on the outside can see no rational explanation for her staying with a man who subjected her to such treatment because it simply isn't rational or logical; it's emotional.

Unfortunately, you just can't reason with emotional dysfunction. What's really galling in these situations is how the abusers use that emotional bond against their victim, who in a lot of cases simply loves them beyond all reason. She dropped the protection order and married him because she loved him; in return, he served her the ultimate betrayal.

I can't type the depth of my disgust towards this man, and men like him, because I don't want to be banned.

Well said! What a shame!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back