GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[from the same link]

"In 2007, David Stahl was charged with simple assault after police said he and his future wife, then Rebecca Murray, had a violent altercation. On Aug. 17, 2007, Stahl pleaded guilty to simple assault and was sentenced to nine to 23 months in jail."

I understand this to mean he did 8 months for the assault on Ms. Murray and was paroled for that offense 4/08.

Is this more misreporting that was already covered?:banghead:

[from the same link]

"In 2007, David Stahl was charged with simple assault after police said he and his future wife, then Rebecca Murray, had a violent altercation. On Aug. 17, 2007, Stahl pleaded guilty to simple assault and was sentenced to nine to 23 months in jail."

I understand this to mean he did 8 months for the assault on Ms. Murray and was paroled for that offense 4/08.

Is this more misreporting that was already covered?:banghead:

It means that Rebecca Stahl's name before she married was Rebecca Murray.

The fact her obit gives no mention of her being survived by her husband speaks volumes.

Also does not mention the step-children. I really feel for those kids. They must be going through hell right now.

maybe, maybe NOT
I married (shortly) to a man with a son.
The son (like father) was abusive,nasty and actually threatened my life once.
It willbe interesting to see their ages and how they also treated Rebecca.
Family knows BEST.

I had KDKA TV NEWS on and the same story was on the news..........
nothing was new at 9 am. Husband still not a suspect, ok. He is still in hospital. (great way to hide) IMO

maybe, maybe NOT
Family knows BEST.

nothing was new at 9 am. Husband still not a suspect, ok. He is still in hospital. (great way to hide) IMO

If I recall correctly there were 2 step-kids ranging from 14-17. It was somewhere on this thread. You are correct though. There may not have been a good relationship between them, but I also thought I remember seeing ( on this thread) that she would always be the one to pick up the kids from their mother's for visitation. I could be mistaken.

maybe, maybe NOT
Family knows BEST.

...and I'd think that regardless of the relationship they had with Becky, they are probably still going through hell. Couple of teenage kids whose father's abusive behavior is splashed all over the front page and being reported on every news station. Although he's not been officially been named a suspect, everyone in the free world is pretty much assuming that he's the culprit. And dad's been in the hospital since Friday after a suicide attempt and was undergoing a mental evaluation. All that junk has to be weighing on them. To have to get up and go to school and face the other kids when they all know what going on. I feel for them.

In the court documents for DS's divorce, there was a modification made re: custody in (I think) March of 2007.

Also, in the FB comments on one of the news stations, a lady posted stating that the previous weekend, her daughter spent the night at the Stahl home. Apparently, the 2 girls are best friends.

In the court documents for DS's divorce, there was a modification made re: custody in (I think) March of 2007.

Also, in the FB comments on one of the news stations, a lady posted stating that the previous weekend, her daughter spent the night at the Stahl home. Apparently, the 2 girls are best friends.

I remember reading that. That poor woman was beating herself up for allowing her daughter to spend the night there. Unless you sleuth every family your child is friends with, there's really no way to know what goes on behind closed doors. I don't think the average person would necessarily be able to find the court documents and stuff the we are able to come up with. Most people probably don't even know you can get them off the web.

The fact her obit gives no mention of her being survived by her husband speaks volumes.

They mentioned the dogs names, but not the husband. Sure does speak volumes.

I have a dumb question. I guess I had always thought that the body would be released to next of kin for burial. It seems obvious that her family made the funeral arrangements. Is it typical for a funeral home to make arrangements with someone other than the spouse? Is there any legal obligation or protocol a funeral must follow when it comes to these types of things. David is still her husband. What if he chose something different. Cremation over burial. Place of burial etc. Just curious. :waitasec:

They mentioned the dogs names, but not the husband. Sure does speak volumes.

In one of his interviews (the day they found her body), Becky's brother said the family knew what happened as soon as they realized Becky was missing. They were really hoping they were wrong, but they were prepared for the eventual outcome.

He didn't seem at all surprised and said he wished there was something the family could have done, but that they were helpless to do anything about Becky's situation (paraphrased).

It is so sad that her family is not surprised in the least that he finally killed her. They've probably been living with this fear for several years.

It is suitable they acknowledged the dogs who surely loved her instead of
mentioning him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member