GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://twitter.com/#!/WPXI_Courtney

Courtney Brennan‏@WPXI_CourtneyReply

State police holding press conference regarding the arrest warrant issued for David Stahl... husband of missing teacher whose body was found

I doubt it. He was sane enough to wrap and hide the body, then lie about it. Insanity plea isn't going to fly, especially with his history of and previous conviction for assault.

I completely agree with what youre saying. I guess I worded things incorrectly. I bet he will TRY to get off on an insanity plea. He will probably try to use 72 hours to in the psych ward to his advantage.

Well I guess now that he has been arrested, I can say it. A coworker and my husband both worked with David Stahl's exwife about 10 years ago.
When Rebecca first went missing, they both said that David treated his exwife badly and wouldn't be surprised if, he was the one responsible for her disappearance. I didn't want to get in trouble saying that on here because at the time, her body wasn't found and David wasn't even named a POI.... Then it came out about the PFA, prior abuse, her body being found, him trying to kill himself ... so I knew it was only a matter of time before the truth came out.

RIP Rebecca. Prayers to the family.

Anybody else get the feeling LE has got a good handle on this one?

stahl.jpg

His wife’s body was found wrapped in a red blanket and a gray, U-Haul moving blanket, according to a police affidavit.  A piece of plastic was wrapped around her mid-section and the red blanket.

Trace blood evidence was found throughout their Hempfield home, according to a criminal complaint. It is being tested.

Police also seized a pair of muddy boots and clothing from a bag in the freezer in the basement of the home.

Also in the bag was two burned drivers’ licenses, one belonging to the victim. The other was burned beyond recognition.

The bag contained Stahl’s burned identification card from Derry Area School District, where she was a sixth-grade math teacher, and burned family photographs belonging to the victim, the complaint said.

Stahl told police he argued with his wife on the morning of Feb. 18 and then he went drinking from noon to 7 p.m., the affidavit said.

He said he returned home that evening and they had a minor argument before he went out again to the Whitney Social Club. He insisted to police he had nothing to do with her death.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_783782.html#ixzz1ncgrPehs

The comments were right about him at the club.

I'm so glad they got him! Kudos to LE for staying on top of it. Rebecca's justice is coming!!!

If his family steps up and hires a high powered attorney - or if one comes to his rescue - and if I hear his family say there is no way that he did this. I am going to :puke:

Hoping that this never makes it to trial. I am sorry, but to spare her family, and his own, I hope that he is just put in jail for the rest of his miserable life. It doesn't sound like even if he were served (and that is a big IF) the death penalty, he still wouldn't ever see the inside of the chamber. Let's just spare the agony, and let's put him in jail for life.

He will likely not be charged with "premeditation" as we know that he is an abuser. This would lessen some of the charges down. I sincerely hope for the sake of everyone involved that a plea is reached sometime in the future.

:rose: R.I.P. Ms. Stahl :rose:

May your legacy live on in the children that you taught. May your family find peace.

Yay. Another drunk hubby murderer. Ugh.

Having a daughter is scary these days...

"Police were led to scene after discovering unusual traces of shrubbery on Dave Stahl’s shoes that would only be found in that type of place.

“To me it was like finding a needle in a stack of needles and that’s how fortunate we were,” State Police Trooper Steve Limani said.

Becky Stahl’s clothing and ID’s were found burned inside the home."

He's toast.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/02/27/warrant-issued-for-husband-in-missing-teachers-death/

now that we know about her death was Sat. I brought timeline over.
The story will piece together now.
I can't wait to see what he did at the "CLUB"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Pittsburgh, 18 Feb 2012 - teacher
He said he returned home that evening and they had a minor argument before he went out again to the Whitney Social Club. He insisted to police he had nothing to do with her death.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_783782.html#ixzz1ncz6YhBH

The Whitney Social Club, which is way out in Kecksburg (a 30 minute drive from his home in Greensburg,) is not a "really hopping" bar. I couldn't find anything about it on the internet.

Maybe he was just in desperate need of alcohol while out in the same vicinity where his wife's body was dumped like trash. (Ugh... lousy alibi)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back