PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
southphillyreview.com

... When they heard that Richard was missing, they could not imagine why.

"We thought, who could ever want to hurt him? He's a warm, friendly, gregarious, funny, teddy bear of a guy," said Lefkowitz.

The pain of not knowing is intolerable for family and friends, said Valente.

"There can be no closure because there are no clues. You don't know if they're dead, you don't know if they're alive," she said. "You just watch the news and wait to hear something. It is just so unsettling. It's like being in a nightmare.

KCAL 9: Philadelphia Couple Disappears Without A Trace

... Craig Mitnick, a lawyer who is acting as a liaison between Imbo and Petrone’s families and police, said it’s increasingly likely that the two are dead and that there was an organized plot to harm them.

“One person couldn’t have done that,” Mitnick said...

The couple left Abilene, a bar and restaurant on bustling South Street, around 11:45 p.m. on a Saturday night last month and told friends they planned to return to Mount Laurel.

From the bar, their trail disintegrates.

Police have not found people who saw the couple on the street. While there were plenty of people around, the couple did not stand out, said Philadelphia police Sgt. Tim Cooney, one of a half-dozen city police working on the case full-time.

The couple have not visited cash machines, used credit cards or made cell phone calls.

Surveillance cameras in front of ATMs along South Street did not show them passing by. And the cameras on the Ben Franklin and Walt Whitman Bridges did not catch Petrone’s black pickup driving into New Jersey, Cooney said.

Nearly every street in the city has been searched for the truck. So have the parking lots at Philadelphia International Airport, back roads of the New Jersey Pine Barrens and the swampy land of Tinicum Township, just south of Philadelphia.

The search has gone into New York, Delaware and up and down the New Jersey Shore. Police across the country have been alerted to be on the lookout.

With attention to the disappearance on “America’s Most Wanted” and other national television programs, tips have poured in, said Cooney.

“Some little old lady from Iowa called me today,” he said.
“She thinks she saw the truck.”

But, Cooney said, no such leads have panned out.

The truck is a black 2001 Dodge Dakota truck, with Pennsylvania tags YFH-2319 and a NASCAR sticker. Anyone with information is asked to call police.

southphillyreview.com

Richard Petrone Jr. always loved attending rock concerts ...

In describing Petrone, (Petrone family friend) Romantini vacillated between the past and present tense.

"He was just a happy-go-lucky guy," he said. "He didn't make enemies. He was not an aggressive person..."

Petrone would never willingly leave the area without making contact because he is very close to his family and 14-year-old daughter, Angela, from a previous relationship, Romantini said.

"It's not like him to do anything like that - to not be in touch with anybody for days," he said.

... He talked to his father and mother, Marge, at least once a day, and also was close to his sisters, Lisa and Christine...

When Petrone was not working, he spent time with his daughter, whom he raised. Angela's name is tattooed on Petrone's arm.

"She was his whole world," Romantini said...

... "Danielle is the sweetest, nicest person I have ever met in my life," one friend wrote. "Her family is one of a kind. Someone has to know something. Please bring her home! She is loved by everyone who knows her."

Friends also recounted the young woman with the "beautiful smile" and "infectious laugh."

A local woman who knew the couple ...

"He was just a great guy, very sweet," the woman said. "I have not seen him in years but I couldn't imagine anything crooked. I couldn't imagine why he would be missing."

Through Petrone, the woman got to know his sister Christine and her friend, Imbo, then named Danielle Ottobre. She remembered her as "a lot of fun" and "just a great girl."

And that's also how Romantini describes Petrone. "He's kind of free-spirited and always looking to have a good time," he said. "He always had a smile on his face, even in the worst of situations."

Main Line Life - Sports - 07/07/2005 - 'Everybody is hopeful' at Viking Bakery

... "He was artistic, he did all the wedding cakes," Hasson said.

Petrone, now 35, had been working at Viking since he graduated from high school.

"He was a regular, hard-working guy. He was always kidding around, very down to earth. He was a good father. He walked his daughter to school every day, and cooked for her at night."

He lived with his daughter, Angela, up until two years ago. She now lives with her mother.

Petrone was very close to his family. His parents, who work at Viking, live in Cherry Hill, along with his younger sister, Christine.

"The tone of the shop is a little bit better now," Hasson described. "It was devastating in the beginning. I just couldn't stop crying. In the beginning everyone was more hopeful. His parents aren't losing hope though, because there's so much uncertainty; not knowing what happened, or how it happened. There are no clues yet, no clues at all."

Six Philadelphia police have been working on the case full-time, but they have neither named nor ruled out any suspects.

CNN.com - Transcripts

PINTO: The ex -- the husband supposedly threatened the boyfriend. So, that`s something I would flesh out.

His alibi, does it check out? Tell me his alibi isn`t his 1-and-a- half-year-old child, because that`s what I`ve heard so far. And if his family needs -- his family needs to be questioned at great length to find out where he really was.
GRACE: That`s a great point... Marge, what is the alibi for the husband?

PETRONE: From what I understand, he took his child to Tom`s River and was there for the night with his child in Tom`s River.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Where in Tom`s River?

PETRONE: I don`t know.

As far as the lie detector test is concerned, I have never been told that he passed the lie detector test from the police. I mean, as far as -- they have not released those -- the results of that lie detector test to anyone, I don`t think.

(More at link - you'll have to scroll down to get to the segment about Richie and Danielle.)

CNN.com - Transcripts

... (on camera: Detectives say they've searched the streets, even the local waterways for the truck the couple was driving in. So far they've come up with nothing.

(voice-over): No sign of Rich's 2001 black Dodge Dakota. No evidence of an accident.

COONEY: Very, very frustrating. At this point, I can tell you that no one is a suspect and everyone is a subject of this investigation...

(Scroll about 1/2 way down.)

My Jersey Girl,

Holy moly. You went bizerk! ;-) only kidding. I am so pleased to see your support. Here are a few things to note. We have 2 sites: richardpetrone.com is a much more user friendly site that has most of the history, including Vidio's of the Nancy Grace show ect. richardanddanielle has the forum.
Here is the FBI email address that we have been sending letters to philadelphia@fbi.gov

Here is the letter I crafted and asked my users to send out for the anniversery. If anyone from this site can send this as well, we would be grateful. Thank you all for your continued support.

Dear.....

August 19th, 2005, marks the six month anniversary of the disappearance of Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo. There has been no sign of them. Not a shoe, handbag, lipstick or wallet has been found; nothing. Two people and a large truck just do not vanish. Whatever happened to them was organized and planned!!

The family and friends of Richard Petrone will be holding a vigil where the couple went missing: Abilene’s on 4th and South Streets in Philadelphia. Our people will rally to pray for comfort and peace. More importantly, the rally is to show our collective unity that we will not stop pushing the police and the FBI until they further investigate any and all possibilities surrounding the disappearance of Richard and Danielle. There are many, many signs of motive and we need to stop worrying about protecting the rights of persons of interest. Just like Natalie Holloway’s family, we will not let corruption or protection of possible suspects by friends in high places stand in the way of the truth. We will not accept or let early mistakes by police get in the way of finding the truth. Someone knows something and we need the police, the FBI, and help from you, the media, to bring this case into the justice system.

We need and request your help to bring Richard and Danielle’s precious faces in view of the nation for the six month anniversary. This case is just as mysterious as the Natalie Holloway case. NO ONE SHOULD GO MISSING. And for all of the people that have gone missing over the past six months in Philadelphia, we should all stand united. More financial resources need to be dedicated to solving domestic issues, like missing persons. We are the voices of those who have gone missing. And as tax payers, we demand more resources be extended to find Richard and Danielle.

You never know when this type of tragedy will strike your family. Please help us get this back in the news and help us mark this tragic anniversary date. It is just as important as Natalie Holloway and demands your attention.

You can reach us at dmvpenn@yahoo.com for more information.

Thank you for your consideration.

Friends and Family of Richard Petrone.

dmvpenn said:
My Jersey Girl,

Holy moly. You went bizerk! ;-)
Yeah, I had a little extra time on my hands last night. lol.

I am very frustrated by this case. I really thought that Danielle and Richie would have been located by now, and it saddens me how interest in their case seems to have just disappeared. People like quick resolutions, and when they don't get it, they seem to move on. I, myself, have been guilty of that at times when it seems like there's just nothing left to talk about.

But it's been 6 months, and I can't believe that with 6 officers on the case full-time, they haven't yet managed to locate something.

I'm with you all the way on this dmvpenn. I will send some more e-mails off this morning, this time to local media outlets. If the vigil will be a public event, I will find the time to be there. If more searches are planned, I will help. I can't stand that nothing is happening, and my heart breaks every day for your families, and especially for those two beautiful children who are missing their parents.

The vigil is public for all to attend. Ya know, I know the police and Feds are human, and I am sure they face thier daily frustrations with not having evidence. But I still think we should be pounding a few other people to shake them up. But I don't know the boundries of the law when it comes to question folks. But I think everyone involved would want to make it know that they are not involved and submit to any and all questions. I mean, God, why did they question Anothony with a lie detector and not Dawn Desimone. I am not done with this yet. But, my suspicion is her family is the DeSimone lawyers... which ... well, means she is being advised to shut up, no doubt.
Gotta jet, I am in chicago in a limo. ;-)

JerseyGirl said:

I am very frustrated by this case. I really thought that Danielle and Richie would have been located by now, and it saddens me how interest in their case seems to have just disappeared. People like quick resolutions, and when they don't get it, they seem to move on. I, myself, have been guilty of that at times when it seems like there's just nothing left to talk about.

But it's been 6 months, and I can't believe that with 6 officers on the case full-time, they haven't yet managed to locate something.

I'm with you all the way on this dmvpenn. I will send some more e-mails off this morning, this time to local media outlets. If the vigil will be a public event, I will find the time to be there. If more searches are planned, I will help. I can't stand that nothing is happening, and my heart breaks every day for your families, and especially for those two beautiful children who are missing their parents.

This was in a reply that I received from Dateline NBC:

If you have a specific story suggestion please send it to:

STORY SUGGESTIONS
Dateline NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

And from the Today Show:

STORY IDEAS: Please send story ideas to:

Don Nash
Supervising Producer
30 Rockefeller Plaza
Rm. 374E
New York, NY 10112

If your story idea is accepted we will notify you. We do not have a general fax number.

Let me know if you'd like me to send something by postal mail to these shows. If you'd like them to know specifically about the vigil, please let us know what time the vigil will be, (make sure to confirm it with Abilene's or the permit department or whomever), so that I can pass that information along as well.

Hey Jersey Girl,

Just a reminder the date of the vigil is Friday August 19th. It will start at 9:00, but no doubt I will be there by 8:00.

We can touch base via phone as we move closer to the date. I will round up my posse too so I can introduce to my corner girls for my other site: Brocolli320, Diane, and Marie R and a few others.

Thank you for all your help on this.

JerseyGirl said:

dmvpenn said:
Hey Jersey Girl,

Just a reminder the date of the vigil is Friday August 19th. It will start at 9:00, but no doubt I will be there by 8:00.

We can touch base via phone as we move closer to the date. I will round up my posse too so I can introduce to my corner girls for my other site: Brocolli320, Diane, and Marie R and a few others.

Thank you for all your help on this.
Sounds good, dmvpenn. One question - that's A.M., I assume?

dmvpenn said:
Jeresy girl,

No, it is PM. hope you can still come!!
PM shouldn't be a problem, (in fact, it might be easier). If it turns out to be a problem, I'll let you know a.s.a.p.

JerseyGirl said:
PM shouldn't be a problem, (in fact, it might be easier). If it turns out to be a problem, I'll let you know a.s.a.p.
Hey there Jersey Girl,

how are you standing for the vigil. I want to make arrangements to hook up somewhere. Ok?

Take care
:crazy:

Hi dmv, just got your pm. Friday night shouldn't be a problem. If possible, can you post the details of the event here so that any other posters that might be able to attend will be aware?

For anyone local or anyone who will be in the area on the 19th, please join us to mark the 6 month "anniversary" of Richie & Danielle's disappearance. We need the media and law enforcement to know that we're all still out here, and that we all still want Richie & Danielle to be found.

Just checking in at this thread - haven't been around for a while.

I hope to be at the vigil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member